It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are any Ron Paul voters mad enough at the GOP to vote for Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

They actually love it when you don't vote so you would be sending a much bigger message if you voted for Gary Johnson then no one at all.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

The beauty of living in a Representative Republic is that each individual gets to cast a vote for the person they wish to.

It doesn't matter who they vote for, if they vote at all. What matters is that each persons vote is equally as important as any other's vote.

To say that someone voting for the candidate of their choice is a wasted vote or flushing it down the toilet is an all-too common load of garbage. People should vote according to their own ideology, and to vote otherwise based on lame fallacy means that their ideology has been compromised.

So you will vote for Romney I take it? That's fine if that's what you wish to do. But according to your other post, you are not voting for a candidate, you voting against Obama.

What does that say about your ideology and what gives you the right to judge others for not wanting to follow the popular, yet misinformed crowd?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think if you were a true RP supporter then you'd never think about voting for either candidate, ESPECIALLY with what happened to them during the RNC and primaries/caucuses.

They will either write him in or vote third party.

Gary Johnson has my vote for now. but as someone said before, we'll have to wait and see where the unity is. (RP write-in or GJ.)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
It's unpleasant to see so many people acting like crybabies, saying they're going to flush their vote down the toilet. If Obama gets elected, I hope you all get diaper rash.

Remember what Ralph Nader accomplished in 2000? His votes in Florida kept Gore out of the White House.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Q33323 because: Additional insight

A vote for "your candidate" is a vote for your candidate. Voting is intended to be "for" not "against". If I vote for someone, it is because they most share my values, morals, and political ideology. That being said, I am voting for someone that isn't a warmonger. As of this writing that person is Gary Johnson.

You're only wasting your vote if you don't vote at all.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
reply to post by Cuervo

I don't like Romney either. I'm being pragmatic.

I like Paul, but I'm realistic. I believe we'll have a viable third party candidate in eight years.

In addition, there are Obama operatives posing as Paul supporters to keep the pot stirred.

Obama "operatives" are trying to keep the pot stirred with a group that could not be bothered to come out and vote for Paul in the primarys? I am pretty sure that is not the case.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You are certainly entitled to vote for whomever you wish. But, if you candidate doesn't have a shot in hell of winning, I'd say it's a waste. Kerplunk.. right in the toilet. Don't forget to flush!

In addition, I am indeed voting against Obama. I am a Republican (like.. Get this.. Ron Paul!), I don't like Romney, but I will vote for him because he my party's choice. I didn't like McCain on bit either, but there was no way I was going to vote for Obama. I knew he was going to be trouble.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Q33323 because: Additional comment

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I know for a fact that faux-Paul Obama operatives are keeping you all riled up. Similar to what the GOP did with the Green Party in 2000, and the DNC, with Ross Perot, in '92.

All is fair in love and politics.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I've been a Ron Paul supporter for a long time and I was figuring on writing him in on the ballot but I believe Gary Johnson has a viable platform and is already on the ballot, so I will vote for Gary Johnson.
It's called voting my conscience NOT a wasted vote as some shills on here would state.
edit on 9/30/2012 by fltcui because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

If you do that, your vote will be: "Wasted away in Obamaville."

When get get in front of the ballot, think about this: Do you want four more years of Obama? Hold your nose, and do the right thing. Contribute to throwing out our Failure in Chief.

Then hold all the bastards' feet to the fire and help get this country back on track.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So do you think Ron Paul is good? I have some doubts? Please look at the vidoe in the following link...... then comment....

forum.lifealie.com...

So is Ron Paul somebody you can believe in? Somebody who can make a difference? Maybe even 'change we can believe in'....ring any bells from Obama pre election speeches? In fact, watch this video featuring the beloved Ron Paul. Note his illumiati Masonic hand signals and shakes (including those of his hosts). You see throughout history the people have needed 'somebody' to believe in, somebody to fight their corner, a decoy if you like so that people can sleep at night knowing that there's hope, and to prevent the people rising up against the machine that is the 'manipulative illuminati'. Of course they are going to place people in election processes to cater for all political views, to passify and subdue the people, just incase the fluoride they put in your water doesn't quite work

Look, I can say right now that if ever Ron Paul 'for what ever reason' gets into office then nothing will change. If he wasn't part of the illuminati then he wouldn't be there in the first place, plane and simple. Nobody gets to where he is without being controlled, and there are no 'ifs', 'buts' or maybe's' about that. Democracy's are nothing more than an illusion designed to give 'us the people' a perception on being able to control our own destiny. In fact I watched a film lately called 'The Hunger Games', in that film it was stated by the controling elite that "a little hope is a good thing" for the comon people, but "too much hope is dangerous".......we are just being given our little piece of hope that things can change for the better, it's nothing more than illusion, and the same tactic is repeated over and over again.

Furthermore, Rom Paul is a member of the 'Lambda Chi Alpha' which is a men's 'SECRET FRATERNITY' in North America. Lambda Chi Alpha provides opportunities for academic achievement and leadership, and is a secret fraternity started by a freemason. In addition Ron Paul's wife, Carol Paul, is a member of the Masonic Velasco Order of the Eastern Star, and maintains her membership in the Freeport area lodge. In order to join this entity men must be Master Masons, and women must have specific relationships with Masons. For more see here. More investigation is ongoing into masonic memberships of Ron Paul's daughters.

Ok....some nostalgia, watch some of Obama's somewhat broken promises. What makes Ron Paul any better?...We all need to stand up together as a human race, there are no divides, we the people are one entity, forget 'divide and rule'....come on people.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

I guess I don't see how someone voting for the person they choose is a waste.

But, if you candidate doesn't have a shot in hell of winning, I'd say it's a waste. Kerplunk.. right in the toilet. Don't forget to flush!

This is the mentality that keeps the two-party system chugging right along. "Candidate X doesn't have a chance......vote R or D on election day or you will throw your country into the pit fires of HELL!"

I like to stick to principle and vote accordingly.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It's too early. As I mentioned before, it will be at least eight years before a third-pary candidate has a chance to win. The GOP and DNC have decades of experience on the national stage. How many Libertarians are in Congress? Take a guess... Zero.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Nope. I will write in RP, vote Johnson or I may take the kids to the park and forget about the whole thing.

A good friend of mine told me that I was stupid for taking such a stance and that sometimes we have to vote the lesser of two evils....Obama or Romney.

Evil is evil and I don't play that game.

I really wish we had the option to check "none of the above" on the ballot.

amen. If truth, honesty, love, righteousness,... matters, there is no such thing as choosing the lesser of 2 evils.

What do you want, rat poison or battery acid for your dinner?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

The GOP/DNC experience has not done us any good, has it? We are in pretty bad shape and for us to logically conclude that we must keep doing the same thing over and over is asinine.

I refuse to be part of that. It is my right as an American and my duty to my children to try and leave this country in better shape than when it was handed to me.

By "playing along" with the current regime in power only builds them up even more and I will not have a hand in it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
I'm sorry, I guess I'm just still in denial that people support Romney. I thought they were just kidding. So you are really going to vote for him? You aren't just being ironic?

Lets play a little game...

You say something about Romney that would be bad for the country and I'll apply that same thing to Obama and we can see how they stack up.

BTW I been working hard for the last 30 plus years and I don't need anything from the Government, and I pay a lot in taxes...guess who I'm voting for?
edit on 30-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Anyone that suggests a vote for Johnson/Judge Gray is a default vote for Obama has come very close to rationalizing the truth of the matter - Romney is a lost cause for a candidate. He never really had much support to begin with, only from those who really hate Obama that much more. By many appearances it would seem Romney wishes to sabotage his own campaign - paints a smiley face on his big toe and keeps shooting himself in the foot and thinks it is the right thing to do and say. I just can not bring myself to vote for either one of those two.

If enough of us waste our vote on Johnson/Gray, they win!

Now is the time to start making the third-party a viable option. There is no one running in the top two parties that is worth a vote, electing either will be bad for America. The only chance for the people to win is an extreme longshot. Johnson/Judge Gray. At least we can send the message to Washington via voting booth that our rights and privacies are important to us and we want our leaders to represent US and not their corporate masters.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would vote Libertarian Party before Obama.

Of course TPTB would never allow a third party candidate a chance.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero I been working hard for the last 30 plus years and I don't need anything from the Government, and I pay a lot in taxes...guess who I'm voting for?
edit on 30-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

The guy who would benefit you the most and serve your own selfish perspective?

I've been working for over a decade and pay plenty of taxes, as well. I've also chaired NPOs and have been self employed for years in addition to working crap jobs. Currently, I'm preparing to open up my own brick and mortar business. Sure, in the short term, lowering my taxes at the expense of the middle and lower class, eliminating regulations, eliminating minimum wage, and all these other GOP concepts that endear taskmaster types to people like Romney would definitely help me.

I'm still not voting for Romney. You know why? Because I'm not a prick and I understand that what serves me and my greed the best does not necessarily serve the needs of my nation the best. It's not all about me (or you). I like this nation and if I'm going to be rich in it, I want to be rich in a great nation, not one of serfs and feudal lords.

If I truly thought like that, I'd move to Somalia where I could not only ignore the poor and starving people but I could personally rob them and get away with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I like Paul a lot but will be voting for Romney. Obama is pretty awful.

But I think it's much harder for most Paul voters to make that jump because of the foreign policy stuff. The people who support Paul, by and large, are firmly noninterventionist. And they believe, with what seems to be good cause, that a vote for Romney is basically conceding yet another major war in the Middle East.

If the Republican candidate was someone who was a standard candidate but less likely to get engaged militarily abroad, I think he'd get more support from the disaffected who liked Paul. Not the hardcore types who post on the internet about how he was the reincarnation of Thomas Jefferson, but the more reasonable small government conservatives who never really trust the GOP.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm a long-time liberal who voted for Obama the first time around. I switched parties to vote for Ron Paul. Now, I'll no longer vote for any Bilderberg elite banksters so will just vote on the local issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join