It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mag 7.1 Columbia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is probably a meaningless coincidence. But weird, so what the heck....

I am in the the north. Not quite canada-north... but definitely pretty far from the backyard of this incident. I was standing on my porch last evening. i am on the second floor of an older home. The porch is a newer construction, and when someone walks (or even worse -- runs) up the stairs, let me tell you I can feel the floor shake. So I was standing on the porch and I felt a little wobbly. Like there were tiny tiny tiny tremors.

At first I didn't think much of this, as I've had a cold for around 2 weeks which has only the last few days been starting to abate with the help of medication. Because of the cold (with lots of head congestion) I've had a bit of head pressure and some issues with balance. But after a moment, i realized that not only did this not feel like the normal head/pressure balance thing... but that I also had no pressure in my head, and had been feeling pretty stable all day.

At that moment I had a funny thought. I remembered ATS and the recent thread about the earthquake predictions (I think for cali and AUS?). I wondered with a smile (because of how silly the thought was) if I was just feeling the Cali mega quake.

Now I seriously doubt that a quake like this could be felt so far as, say, New England. But it does seem like an odd experience, after reading this. Then again, I have been using those subliminals for "intuition" lately.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

When I was in Alaska I felt an EQ in Japan. Felt just like a rumbling truck going by. I asked at work later and found out that at least there, it is fairly common to feel such things from so far away.

Dunno if science agrees with that, never looked it up.

Or maybe I did and don't remember...lol I must be getting old.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
COLOMBIA PEOPLE

and Earthquakes are super normal there. Dont go to Cucuta, at least a tremor per day! Annoying but people get used to it

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Colombia

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This EQ didn't even make the list of significant EQs on USGS.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
They usually post them within 24 hours and it's been 3 days now, but maybe these low 7s earthquakes will just be the new norm

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

Well absolutely

It is what is know as a typo. See here where I get it right
quakewatch.wordpress.com...

If I spent all my time correcting the typos on ATS in large letters the pages would soon very very full.

Oh and just as an aside, Colombia comes from Christopher Columbus or Colombo in Italian so is some ways you could say I was using the correct Anglicisation of the name Colombia, instead of a speeling era.

edit on 3/10/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join