It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats really in mcDonalds beef? Anyone ever got an answer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

My point being, you should never trust those who control the nation's food supply.

When the goal is profit, anything goes!

Yeah - - USA is built on capitalism. Business = profit.

There are places/websites - - you can order fresh killed meat - - often by whole carcass.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Anyone remember the old story about the fried chicken head in the happy meal?

www.dailycognition.com...

Now to be fair:

Truth or Fiction notes it is "unproven".

www.truthorfiction.com...
edit on 30-9-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In Ireland then McDonalds supplies locally reare and slaughtered Beef.......

YUM

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I just got told something. Someone who has worked in the food industry said that macdonalds uses ground worm meal and fat/beef flavoring. He said it's and edible worm related to grubs and maggots, and he will not ever eat at macdonalds. He has cooked the patties at burger king in Canada and apparently that is real beef, maybe doctored up with soya, but not with worms. Note he no longer works for any of them.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I just got told something. Someone who has worked in the food industry said that macdonalds uses ground worm meal and fat/beef flavoring.

If they advertise 100% beef.

It is 100% beef.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It's NOT!

Beef is a trade name. It's like buying a stainless steel pot. Bring a magnet along, because stainless steel is a name, legally, not content.

Oh, and that "legally", well, I call much of our legal stuff, unlawful.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I just got told something. Someone who has worked in the food industry said that macdonalds uses ground worm meal and fat/beef flavoring.

If they advertise 100% beef.

It is 100% beef.

IT "SHOULD BE" But as greater percentage of people seem to agree ITS NOT .
So how do they advertise 100% beef. With out law suits ?

I happened to notice a big sign on WataBurgers window today., 100% all american beef..!!!

Ohhh Come On !! give me a break

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker

So how do they advertise 100% beef. With out law suits ?

I happened to notice a big sign on WataBurgers window today., 100% all american beef..!!!

Provide links and proof of lawsuits won.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It's NOT!

Beef is a trade name. It's like buying a stainless steel pot. Bring a magnet along, because stainless steel is a name, legally, not content.

Provide any kind of factual info - - plus links.

Lawsuits won - - etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OP, you're asking the wrong question. The important question isn't "what's really in McDonad's beef?" The important question is where does the beef come from?

You see, it's not just mcDonalds or fast food. It's all beef. (Well, about 70-80%, anyway) So even that box of 100% beef paties you buy at the grocery store and stick in your freezer or that 10lb pack of fresh beef you take home--yes, it's beef all right. If McDonald's is advertising 100% beef, they're probably not lying. But they'll not tell you where that beef came from. Or the chicken. Or the pork.

Quote from the first video:

When McDonald's is the largest purchaser of ground beef in the United States and they want their hamburgers to taste, everywhere, exactly the same, they change how ground beef is produced.

This second video isn't about just fast food--pay attention to the last minute of the video. Especially where they show you "the final product" before it gets into that Big Mac.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It's NOT!

Oh, and that "legally", well, I call much of our legal stuff, unlawful.

Um stainless steel is an alloy. Several of course. its not exactly steel and never was...but its got steel in it. Non magnetic to your perception and not steel are two different things. Its also not stainless. And some chemicals can leach some components of stainless steel out of stainless steel making it no longer stainless steel....

And worms cost more than beef. You people are so full of crap its ridiculous. Mcdonalds does a fine job of making themselves look bad withlut the bull#

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
A Alabama law suit claims that the ground beef at Taco Bell did not meet the USDA’s definition of beef. In fact, there is only 36% beef in their “meat.”
Claimed its water, “Isolated Oat Product,” wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent, autolyzed yeast extract, modified corn starch and sodium phosphate, to name a few ingredients you probably can’t grow in your backyard or pronounce for that matter. It sounds like the label on a can of dog food that I wouldn’t feed my dog
LOL

Great video back there,,
They hope to have the product in 100% of the usa burger.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I can't find a source, but I remember reading that US school cafeteria food was of much lower quality than that of any fast food beef. That should be scarier knowing the controversy behind fast food beef itself.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I know that the fast food chains use the services of companies that check samples of their foods for bacterial contamination. I have watched the process in action. The samples come in to the lab where it is placed in sterile containers and warmed to an optimum temperature where most bacteria that cause food borne illnesses thrive. They check for colonies of bacteria, identify the bacteria and do counts, all of which is reported to the fast food corporation.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rumsfeldstiltskin
I can't find a source, but I remember reading that US school cafeteria food was of much lower quality than that of any fast food beef. That should be scarier knowing the controversy behind fast food beef itself.
- - -

I worked for a meat processing plant that provided hamburgers for Los Angeles schools.

Despite the "hysterical rumours" of the time - - - - I know for a fact the meat was 100% pure beef - - and our USDA inspector did not allow any of those hamburgers to leave the plant before they reached a specific temperature.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker
A Alabama law suit claims that the ground beef at Taco Bell did not meet the USDA’s definition of beef. In fact, there is only 36% beef in their “meat.”
Claimed its water, “Isolated Oat Product,” wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent, autolyzed yeast extract, modified corn starch and sodium phosphate, to name a few ingredients you probably can’t grow in your backyard or pronounce for that matter. It sounds like the label on a can of dog food that I wouldn’t feed my dog
LOL

Great video back there,,
They hope to have the product in 100% of the usa burger.

I'm not positive.

But I do believe Taco Bell won their lawsuit.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I just checked.

It looks like the lawsuit was dropped.
Same as a win for Taco Bell.
edit on 30-9-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Annee

I just checked.

It looks like the lawsuit was dropped.

That's what I thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You are correct, there is a lot of hysterics over rumors about fast food ingredients.

I mean how can people seriously believe the worm/kangaroo meat stories? I would worry about eating at a one-off greasy spoon a lot more than a fast food chain. I've seen the kitchens of both, and there are some very scary diner kitchens out there.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Annee

You are correct, there is a lot of hysterics over rumors about fast food ingredients.

I mean how can people seriously believe the worm/kangaroo meat stories? I would worry about eating at a one-off greasy spoon a lot more than a fast food chain. I've seen the kitchens of both, and there are some very scary diner kitchens out there.

Yeah - - I'm not necessarily defending fast food chains - - but I'd say they are probably scrutinized more then any other form of eating establishment.

Except for the Salmonella lawsuits for uncooked meat - - - the rest seems to be manufactured hysterics.

I don't eat fast food because of cholesterol and sugar levels. The food is very high in salt and sugar.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join