It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics is made up crap! (Mainly quantum mechanics)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
Now I'm not saying that ACTUAL TANGIBLE PHYSICS aren't real, like the velocity of a falling object on earth. I'm talking about higher level physics such as theorectical or quantum physics. String theory and all these other "theories" are just that. These higher up "scientists" such as Steven Hawking etc, are just playing with stupid greek letters that represent imagined ideas made up in the heads of people to represent abstract ideas in an equation that most the time they can't even prove!

Exactly right. Science is magic that works. Not magic that is proven.

But magicians who can make magic that works are not stupid.
edit on 30-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Enlighten me O Teddy about why spending trillions on partical accelerators to come up with a theory about microscopic teleportation has anything to do with progressing society.

We progress society so that we can spend billions on particle accelerators to understand microscopic teleportation.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Do not worry the truth is hidden for a reason only military and tactical groups can know what our species can comprehend.

Physics is a special advanced form of knowledge and we will be on the shiiiiit end for some time before we ever know what they know

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here is a link to Physical Chem 1, first lecture notes, from MIT's opensource college.
This is the class to take if you want to learn quantum mechanics.

ocw.mit.edu...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I doubt you have an education like I do. Trying to point out trivial mistakes in my grammar doesn't make you smarter than me. 4 college degrees make me smarter than you. Sure they're not in physics but I could run circles around you in a lab, making soap, making aspirin, growing certain bad pathogens on agar plates, sequencing genes through gel electrophoresis, or tagging proteins in cells for UV spectroscopy. So your words don't weigh anything in on how I view my education.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I doubt you have an education like I do. Trying to point out trivial mistakes in my grammar doesn't make you smarter than me. 4 college degrees make me smarter than you. Sure they're not in physics but I could run circles around you in a lab, making soap, making aspirin, growing certain bad pathogens on agar plates, sequencing genes through gel electrophoresis, or tagging proteins in cells for UV spectroscopy. So your words don't weigh anything in on how I view my education.

So what my Johns*n is at least twice the size of yours, how you view your education and how you use your brain is a different ball park, its a different sport altogether.

If physics is made up crap then such an Einstein as yourself could easily add another degree to your collection and once recognized by the physics community prove them all wrong.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Care to share your MCAT scores and tell us where you matriculated?

Your doubts and assumptions about me come from a position of ignorance regarding my own level of academic certification. The fact that you feel it necessary to list some quaint little "I know how to"s most anyone with a Bachelor's can do is both amusing and all the more a self-crafted public embarrassment.

Having certifications (if you even have them) doesn't make you, or anyone for that matter, 'smarter' either. Your own arguments make that quite obvious.

I'd wager that you don't even recognize this:

or this:

Besides that, even if you actually do know your way around undergraduate biochem, biology, and chemistry specializations are the sciences notorious for being the non-math sciences. Thus it's no wonder you balk at the math, further validating my argument that you either lack the facility, and/or education in the required maths to properly understand what's being said regarding the physics you're complaining about since you don't understand it.

My argument still stands.
Your lack of facility and/or failings in education to comprehend the maths involved in these physics does not negate the math.

Your lack of facility and/or education on the topic is merely your own ignorance.
You've yet to make a single point of contention beyond argument from a position of appealing to incredulity.

It wouldn't matter if you've synthesized organic life from an inorganic soup in the lab and won a Nobel Prize for such for all it matters.
Biochem requires Physics, but Physics does not require biochem.
Thus, this magical lab you speak of is entirely irrelevant to the conversation.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

what do you want me to pick out the alcohols or ketones or benzene rings or the fact that the molecule you just provided me with is polar and probably used as precursors to explosives?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Besides e-, protons, and neutrons, are all you really need to know in regards to chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology etc... at the smallest. Once you delve into the mistical land of quarks and all that those other things that explode out of crashing protons, please, please, give me some practical explanations

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

DRU....WOW! Usually I am the one to bring the hammer down but I have to admit...you are better at swing the Hammer than I am! I am impressed! WHAM! I love it! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

DRU...I offer this Question or riddle...since all Matter is comprised of QUANTUM PARTICLE/ WAVE FORMS...which means every atom whether it's nucleus has just a Proton as in Hydrogen or Protons and Neutrons in great numbers such as Gold or Lead....EVERYTHING THAT MAKES UP EITHER A PROTON OR NEUTRON is COMPLETELY COMPRISED OF QUANTUM PARTICLE/ WAVE FORMS.

That being said as well as a FACT as well as the Current Find of a Higgs-Boson Quantum Particle/Wave Form does not appear to be as advertised...that being a Quantum Particle/Wave Form that allows Protons and Neutron to obtain MASS! I do not believe they will find anything that will be able to claim that any Quantum Particle/Wave Form does this as I believe that we must FIRST look at a larger system to explain Quantum Mechanics...that being a MULTIVERSE...SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I don't understand quantum physics. I never took chemistry. I barely passed algebra, loved geometry, and never use math beyond what is needed to build a barn, balance my check book, or figure payroll.

However... however, I am smart enough to know that we need physicists and theoretical physicists working on such science to advance knowledge and technology.

Why? Because if just 10 percent of what they study is realized, we are that much better... that much further in unraveling the mysteries of the universe. Just trying to solve such ideas leads to new discoveries that can benefit man, medicine, revolutionize entire industries.

For instance... and one right down on my level. Imagine if we can finalize teleportation. I know scientists are working on it now. The problem is when the objects rematerialize, they are too brittle... a real problem when you consider humans. However, once solved and realized on a commercial level...

It will not be... "Beam me up, Scotty." It will actually be getting off work at 5pm and beaming me down to a coral beach on Fiesta Key and a strong adult beverage in hand by 6pm. Now that's my kind of science.
edit on 6-10-2012 by AlreadyGone because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I don't feel like my post here is necessary seeing that the OP's ignorance has already been exposed. I just wanted to add that our understanding of quantum mechanics has led to the transistor, which is the basis of all electronics today. I wouldn't describe the computer as "made up crap" or "useless". Another technology that was a direct result of our understanding of QM is the laser. Can you imagine no lasers? No CDs or DVDs? How about the fact that QM fully explains how atoms, electrons and light interact, which in turn explains the entire science of chemistry?

There are always ignorant people around who complain and say "what's the point?". If you feel like that then you should abandon all the technological benefits that modern science has brought you. Leave them behind and go live in a cave somewhere.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I'm not saying that all these foreign greek equations are all false, but the most extreme that sound so important to mankinds "ultimate knowledge" ultimately are useless.

Those days those "ultimate knowledge" ultimately are useless.

You have mentioned Einstein. Newton barely. Think about Galileo. I don't have to tell you more.

As Phage has said.... physics is what makes the computer and the internet work. Talking about higher physics? Some work, some don't work. That remains to be seen.

Besides it's just an observation. An apple falls. You measure it. And you see that it falls at the same rate every time. Bingo.

Science is just like that... an observation.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aveoamacus
,'

The OP's post wasn't about consumer electronics, we have already proven we can meet consumer demand with those things and they are real.
What the OP talks about is letting the math replace common sense and allowing calculations to do what math does, but what math does is provide math answers.

At what point does the math no longer make sense?
When carbon copies of yourself are scattered across other dimensions in parallel universes because you went that way instead of the other way?
When you exit a white hole when you enter a black hole?
Nothing existed before the big bang?
When some say we are a computer simulation?
etc.

Either some of the math needs to be revised, rejected, or put aside until they can figure
out what went wrong.
Doesn't any QM devotees agree that it goes just a bit too far into science fiction territory, or do you like it that way? Just like some people like to believe in a god although logic tells them faith makes no sense.

People like fantasy.

I am not saying the math in QM is wrong, I am saying QM provides math answers according to the math they use. And when they come up with QM answers to the universe and it comes up like an Alice in Wonderland movie, then it's time for them to start proving their math is right.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
For all you people calling me fraudulent. I'll explain again.
AA I received from doing running start during HS. I graduated with my AA from AHS in 2005.
In 2010 I graduated with a major B.S. in IDS. and a double minor in psychology and zoology.
Just because I think all this alternate QM sci-fi crap is BS to me doesn't mean I''m too stupid to understand it.
I could give a sh|t less if you don't believe in my OP claims.

But don't say I don't have the 4 degrees that I earned. I take offense to that.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well, this thread died fast.

OP, you need to relax man. Stop trying to justify your own education by getting off topic and stick with the subject at hand by demonstrating your points with material data.

If someone refutes your argument, come back harder with more points. If it is what you say it is, then you should be able to demonstrate this with little or no problem.

Getting side pulled into telling people about all your "non- relevant" degrees does nothing for your argument and only incites people to ridicule you.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join