It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Congress Ever ++ green job ideas/planet info

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
the republican dominated 112th congress isn;t even over yet and the verdict is already in. this is the most anti-environment house of representatives in history...

look at the numbers...

247 ...total number of anti-environment measures passed

77 ....number of votes to undermine clean air act protections

37 ...number of votes to block action on climate change

94% ...percentage of republican members of congress casting anti-environmental votes

87% ...percentage of democratic members casting pro-environmental votes

19% percentage of total votes in the house that sought to undermine environmental protections.

fact check this if you like

edit on 29-9-2012 by cornucopia because: changed the title

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

I believe you, unfortunately, I hope you brought your asbestos suit, because the reich-wing knuckle daggers (who apparently don't need clean air and water) are about to light up their blowtorches and aim them at you.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

That's really vague, and likely broadly interprets "environment".

I heard on the radio that people who sleep more than 8 hours a day stand a greater risk of death. I think I'll only sleep 15 minutes a day to avoid that.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
please help this world heal for our future and for her as a living being, thank you..
humans deserve/require pure air, food and water.
karma is real

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
WE NEED TO DEMAND TERM LIMITS IN CONGRESS....but that requires folks to think and not many do that anymore. They would rather have their opinions fed to them by insane morons and big fat drug addicts.

Congress holds the power....so many people think the POTUS has power and it's very limited....but I am not going to try and explain something that requires thought and understanding....the sheep do not have those anymore.

By all means, please continue to believe that the POTUS can fix things...he can't....but while you are focused on an empty chair....we might can vote in a whole new congress and get something accomplished.

Vote out the incumbents....all of them...vote in independents and third party representatives...this is the only way we can break the cycle of the two party madness....

"The price of apathy in public affairs is to be ruled by evil men" ....Plato

Fix it....vote....or else....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76

I believe you, unfortunately, I hope you brought your asbestos suit, because the reich-wing knuckle daggers (who apparently don't need clean air and water) are about to light up their blowtorches and aim them at you.

lol, i hear you bro

bring it on, what are the three stages of truth?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If you want clean air and water then bring the manufacturing jobs back to America. China has no real EPA and could care less if they are destroying the planet. That pollution China puts out does not go straight up into outer space. If America manufactures a product it pollutes far less than the same product produced in China. Your just moving the problem out of our control.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Part 02 - Galactic Confederation of Light Message

www.youtube.com...

message of truth...

cities are like a cancer to mama earth..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
If you want clean air and water then bring the manufacturing jobs back to America. China has no real EPA and could care less if they are destroying the planet. That pollution China puts out does not go straight up into outer space. If America manufactures a product it pollutes far less than the same product produced in China. Your just moving the problem out of our control.

yes i agree...

we also need green jobs, we could make thousands of green jobs...from planting seeds, building community gardens, regrowing the amazon....solar farms, etc.etc.

trash pick up teams,

recycling activities...

recycling junk yards...

what else?
edit on 29-9-2012 by cornucopia because: added more words

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
WE NEED TO DEMAND TERM LIMITS IN CONGRESS....but that requires folks to think and not many do that anymore. They would rather have their opinions fed to them by insane morons and big fat drug addicts.

Congress holds the power....so many people think the POTUS has power and it's very limited....but I am not going to try and explain something that requires thought and understanding....the sheep do not have those anymore.

By all means, please continue to believe that the POTUS can fix things...he can't....but while you are focused on an empty chair....we might can vote in a whole new congress and get something accomplished.

Vote out the incumbents....all of them...vote in independents and third party representatives...this is the only way we can break the cycle of the two party madness....

"The price of apathy in public affairs is to be ruled by evil men" ....Plato

Fix it....vote....or else....

i agree as well, potus are just puppets for the powers that were..

lol

oh well, at least the dems car about the poor, needy, elderly and the environment....

we got dec, 21, 2012 around the corner, ALL is well

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
S&F OP unfortunately I am afraid this will fall on too many deaf ears I think in some ways this not only the result of corporate greed but the false pretense that man is rightfully here to lord over the earth and because of religious ideals that we wouldn’t be able to destroy it so therefore we can do whatever we like with no consequences. We actually have a man running for president that believes the dinosaur bones found here came from outer space or that Fred Flintstone is an accurate depiction of the past.

Some have concluded that dinosaurs never existed, that the bones we've found are actually from other planets, and that they ended up here when the earth was created from material previously used to create other planets.
Others have reasoned that there was no death before the Fall, so the dinosaurs must have lived alongside Adam and the early patriarchs, perhaps dying in (maybe even after) the Flood. (See: Death before the fall main article FAIRWiki link.)

Mormonism and Science

Inappropriately let me say God help us all.

edit on 29-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
S&F OP unfortunately I am afraid this will fall on too many deaf ears I think in some ways this not only the result of corporate greed but the false pretense that man is rightfully here to lord over the earth and because of religious ideals that we wouldn’t be able to destroy it so therefore we can do whatever we like with no consequences. We actually have a man running for president that believes the dinosaur bones found here came from outer space or that Fred Flintstone is an accurate depiction of the past.

Some have concluded that dinosaurs never existed, that the bones we've found are actually from other planets, and that they ended up here when the earth was created from material previously used to create other planets.
Others have reasoned that there was no death before the Fall, so the dinosaurs must have lived alongside Adam and the early patriarchs, perhaps dying in (maybe even after) the Flood. (See: Death before the fall main article FAIRWiki link.)

Mormonism and Science

Inappropriately let me say God help us all.

edit on 29-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

lol...wow

romney has no chance, unless the reps do some major cheating.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

No THIS was the worst congress ever and they ruined the environment, the economy and the jobs and lived happily ever after.

Federal Reserve Act
modernhistoryproject.org...

Since different versions had been passed by both Houses, a Conference Committee was established which was stacked with six Democrats and only two Republicans to insure that certain portions of the original Bill would remain intact. It was hastily prepared without any public hearings and on December 23, 1913, two days before Christmas when many Congressmen and three particular Senators were away from Washington, the Bill was sent to the House of Representatives where it passed 298 to 60 and [was] then sent to the Senate where it passed with a vote of 43 to 25 (with 27 absent or abstaining). An hour after the Senate vote, Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act into law

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

It's sort of a custom here that when you quote from an article, you should give the source. Some even use the

brackets.

I'm guessing you got the story from the Sierra Club, here: www.sierraclub.org...
If it is, then I should mention that your quote doesn't match the article. Here's what the article has:

247 Total number of anti-environmental measures passed (as of mid-June)

37 Number of votes to undermine Clean Air Act protections

94 Number of votes to block action on climate change

87 Percentage of Republican members of Congress casting anti-environmental votes

19 Percentage of Democratic members casting pro-environmental votes
Percentage of total votes in the House that sought to undermine environmental protection

It might also be worthwhile to point out that the numbers were prepared by the Democrat staff of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

Personally, I don't mind seeing a blocking of action on climate change, for a number of reasons.

But you may have had a different article in mind. In that case would you be so kind as to provide a link?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

No THIS was the worst congress ever and they ruined the environment, the economy and the jobs and lived happily ever after.

Federal Reserve Act
modernhistoryproject.org...

Since different versions had been passed by both Houses, a Conference Committee was established which was stacked with six Democrats and only two Republicans to insure that certain portions of the original Bill would remain intact. It was hastily prepared without any public hearings and on December 23, 1913, two days before Christmas when many Congressmen and three particular Senators were away from Washington, the Bill was sent to the House of Representatives where it passed 298 to 60 and [was] then sent to the Senate where it passed with a vote of 43 to 25 (with 27 absent or abstaining). An hour after the Senate vote, Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act into law

haa, true, true..

yes when the fed was created humans became slaves for that paper with ink/drawings on it called money.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

It's sort of a custom here that when you quote from an article, you should give the source. Some even use the

brackets.

I'm guessing you got the story from the Sierra Club, here: www.sierraclub.org...
If it is, then I should mention that your quote doesn't match the article. Here's what the article has:

247 Total number of anti-environmental measures passed (as of mid-June)

37 Number of votes to undermine Clean Air Act protections

94 Number of votes to block action on climate change

87 Percentage of Republican members of Congress casting anti-environmental votes

19 Percentage of Democratic members casting pro-environmental votes
Percentage of total votes in the House that sought to undermine environmental protection

It might also be worthwhile to point out that the numbers were prepared by the Democrat staff of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

Personally, I don't mind seeing a blocking of action on climate change, for a number of reasons.

But you may have had a different article in mind. In that case would you be so kind as to provide a link?

no link, that's why i edited the main story on this subject, i did copy the numbers over...

i am a sierra club member

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Best Green Idea I have is:

Compressed Air Cars !

These are made by the MDI company from France. They have several sporty models and will cost around 10K

They have plenty of styles like the OneFlow Air as seen on thier website here: www.mdi.lu...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

thanks John

i prefer hydrogen powered cars, or even good ol' electric as we can make charging/batteries much more efficient..

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

thanks John

i prefer hydrogen powered cars, or even good ol' electric as we can make charging/batteries much more efficient..

I sort of agree. This guys idea would require outfitting stations to refill or sell compressed air tanks. Hydrogen has similar problems.

I drive an electric bike myself. It goes 30 miles per hour, no peddling, has a range of 20 miles between charges. Cost pennies to recharge But the batteries are 600 dollars and last 3 years.And thats with the best battery technology called LiFePo4 a Lithium Iron Phosphate battery - only made in China. Even the electric cars aren't using those.

There are a few interesting EV's like this one

Or This which looks Really Sweet !

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
interesting, thanks for sharing

i have heard of algae powered cars and water powered cars as well...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join