It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcripts Of A Video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Say I watched a video from you tube and took the time to type up the transcripts of it. Would it be permissible to post tose transcripts on the appropriate forum?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Yes but you would still have to use the ex tags and link to the source

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

What are the EX tags?

And why would I need them if I did the transcripts all myself and they don't have any other website on the internet?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Ex tags signify the text as external content imported to ATS. When composing a post you'll see buttons labeled HEADLINE, LINK, EX-TEXT, etc. Placing the text in the EX-TEXT box that looks like this says

This is not plagiarism. This is not my work.

And link it.

Here's a post from SkepticOverlord about it
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

But what if there is no link to the transcripts as they are not on a website?

What then?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Link to the video. I transcribe for a living but I don't own the work I do whatsoever and have no rights to the finished transcripts.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You can't post a massive amount of "ex" texts in a post, either, so it would be kind of a waste of time to make a transcript of a whole video.

Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

(From Springer's six year old post in this forum)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Superhans

What are the EX tags?

And why would I need them if I did the transcripts all myself and they don't have any other website on the internet?

because you did not invent the material genius. If you go to a movie and record it "all yourself" you don't own it. Do you really need that much of and explanation?

top topics

join