It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To a Child - Love is spelled T-I-M-E

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

0mage
I don't think kids understand the concept of the Lord will adopt them if they have so much as a mustard seed's worth of faith...

I wasn't brought up with religion..I just wanted more time with my dad..But i do understand what your saying..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

randomname
What a wonderful statement..Thank you for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Iamschist
Thank you for posting as always
Children are most precious and indeed are grown and gone so quickly. Today is the time to change.
Thank you for saying that i had a hard time putting that into words you did it so eloquently..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hey sugarcookies,thanks for the thread.

My dad was the same,never had time for me,always working or resting.
I think alot of dads were like that from that generation and beyond.

I made it a point to spend time with my kids,to show them things,to guide them.

And believe me,I don't give everything they want,they have work for it.
It is my gift to them to show them how to survive in the world ahead of them.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

hi kdog..

Your probably right its more of a generation thing i never could understand were work was more important then having a bit of fun with your kid but he was work obsessed that all he could talk about was his work he lived and breathed work..

kdog i think your doing the right thing by your kids teaching them how to survive in the world ahead of them because i believe its going to be a rough one for the next generation..

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by kdog1982

hi kdog..

Your probably right its more of a generation thing i never could understand were work was more important then having a bit of fun with your kid but he was work obsessed that all he could talk about was his work he lived and breathed work..

kdog i think your doing the right thing by your kids teaching them how to survive in the world ahead of them because i believe its going to be a rough one for the next generation..

With your comment makes me understand the importance of fatherhood.
Back in the day,it was the woman's responsibility to tend to the children,the men basically had none towards the kids.
They're life was work because it was what kept the family eating and housed.
Nowadays,things are much different.
You see alot of stay at home dads.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

With my kids I didnt do what I am doing for my grand kids. This is what I should have done with them spend time doing all kinds of sports,reading,going to church, riding them through our great country. Holding them ,walking hand in hand hugging. tell stories of my past life so my children could tell I have been through what they are going through. and that someone loves them and they always have a home to come back to for a safty net in times like these.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by samiant

samiant
Funny you should say that my grandparents were more parents to me then my own..They spent lots of time with me playing board games, trips to get ice cream and they always told me our home is yours if you ever find you need a place to come no matter how old you are..peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<< 1   >>

join