It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To a Child - Love is spelled T-I-M-E

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Something every parent should watch. Really makes you think..

I miss my dad so much, and cherish every memory I have of when he used to do things with me and I felt like he cared.

The time we feel is wasted actually may mean the world to our children...

Make time for your kids today, tomorrow they may be grown. peace,sugarcookie1

edit on 28-9-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Your link says: embedding disabled by request

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Sorry about that i fixed it now..Thanks for posting
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Beautiful sentiment and so painfully true in this day and age! So many folks get caught up in the trappings of life that they literally stop living life. It becomes something of a self-indulging trap just to pay the bills and stay sane. And often it's the children who suffer. Most have good intentions... wanting their kids to have nice stuff ( quite a challenge in a society where just having shoes isn't enough... you have to have whatever the hip new pair of kicks happens to be - and they usually cost hundreds of dollars and are only "in" for a few weeks before another pair of kicks becomes the "must have" ).

It's a world gone mad where we tend to end up seeking to express love with money. And that sucks. Time is infinitely more valuable than any other commodity. It's the only commodity that we have no control of at all. Giving it away is the most valuable gift we possess. Especially where our children are concerned.

Thanks for posting this Sugarcookie!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff..
When i watched the video so many memory's came flooding back for me..Some good some bad..All my dad did was work he would make promises to go do things just to be broken..

But when we did go places it was the best maybe not for him but it sure was for me even if it was a ride in the car and i don't think he ever realized how important it was for me..
Time is infinitely more valuable than any other commodity i wish more parent would understand it..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
All I have to say is wow!

To be honest, I have never looked it this way before. My son who is now 14, asks me all the time if I remembered this or that. And i don't. More than likely because it has had no personal significance to me, but to my son? It was obviously a memorable moment that he remembered and meant something to him

Thank you sugarcookie, you have just opened my eyes and my heart a little more today

Ang

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Touching...I work so much I try to spend as much time with my kids as I can...but one now is 14 and is too cool for her parents, the other is a wee baby...no matter how #ty day she can always make me smile.....I forget to live often. Sorry to hijack but this song came to my mind after watching your post.

Reminds me of me father. He was never around always working.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Xquizit
I'm glad you got to see the video..I think kids see things differently then adults i know i did growing up and my dad said the same thing i don't (remember)and i use to think wow it was such a assume time how could you forget..But I'm glad this opened your eyes even just a little
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

edit on 28-9-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: duh

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

JValhalla
What a great song and it does apply to the thread in so many ways..
I know its hard to spend time with kids that are the fun age of 14 they wish the parents would disappear lol maybe a day at the mall just you and her for a few hours i bet she would love that..
All baby's make me smile there all so adorable..I guess the thing is try not to follow in your dads footsteps and go live life a bit peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Come on in folks watch a 2 min video that might open your eyes and your heart..peace,sugarcookie1

CX

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thanks for that video sugarcookie, reminds me of all the things i've done with my two daughters.

We keep a book entitled. "We should write that down". Everytime something belly-acheingly funny happens, we write it down in the book. Every now and again we take it out for a read, it makes the best hours reading ever.

Might just be something funny the kids or i did, or a word we got wrong, but it's a journal of the fun times.

I can understand how parents can get so busy when they are trying to raise a family, but no-one can say they haven't got any time at all for thier kids.

Thanks again.

CX.

CX

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Just to add.....regarding the whole, "Your interpretation of the situation compared to the kids".....

I'm not materialistic in any way shape or form, but i used to feel a little embarrassed when my kids wanted to bring any friends home to my house. I have a small house, i feel l would love more for the kids, but i can't do anything about that at the moment. Many of their friends live in huge houses (we're talking million pound properties easily).

However the other day, my daughter came home and said that her friends thought we had the best life and thought we were really rich.
I asked why, because an ex-forces dad in a two bedroomed bungalow will hardly be well off.

They said it was because of the instruments we play together all the time, and the fun things we get to do.

This made me smile as the instruments are far from top quality, and our main activity since they were young has been packing up a picnic and going over the forest for the day.

Funny how kids brains work....and heartbreaking sometimes when you see how much they remember when you don't have time for them..

CX.
edit on 29/9/12 by CX because: speling....as usual.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Instead of taking 2 minutes to watch the video (which I will watch later) I turned to my 3 year old daughter, who is watching tv beside me, and tickled the bejeezes out of her. Adult life becomes such a burden sometimes that I forget to love, laugh and live... :'(

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Something every parent should watch. Really makes you think..

I miss my dad so much, and cherish every memory I have of when he used to do things with me and I felt like he cared.

The time we feel is wasted actually may mean the world to our children...

Make time for your kids today, tomorrow they may be grown. peace,sugarcookie1

edit on 28-9-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: (no reason given)

if a child is abandoned by the parent, the Lord will adopt them if they have so much as a mustard seed's worth of faith.
edit on 29-9-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
its a blessing from God the ability to recognize what cherish means.

it means that the time you spend seems likes years and you'll never have any regrets.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
We own two things, our time and our attention, giving them to those we love, children, spouses, parents, friends, is absolutely the best gift we can ever give. Children are most precious and indeed are grown and gone so quickly. Today is the time to change.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

CX
I'm glad you enjoyed the video..The "We should write that down". book is so neat what a great idea wen your kids are all grown up they will enjoy those writings even more what wonderful memory's! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

CX
My parents never spoiled me with anything i always had to work (chores) for for what i wanted of course as a kid it bugged me my friends just got what they wanted by just asking or begging..

Don't get me wrong i got what was needed never what i wanted..

I lived in a small farm house wasn't much money but we always had allot of family get togethers that were fun but my dad was hardly ever around he was always working but i guess it was what he wanted to do...

Your kids sound wonderful CX and see they appreciate all the things they have
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

TheSparrowSings

I forget to love, laugh and live also i think we all do sometimes..thanks for posting
peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<<   2 >>

join