It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama instructs defense contractors to break the law

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
Those defense contractors employ millions and make thousands of other products, that employ millions of other people that all create tax revenue paying for those people who are "living off the government teet".

Where do people end up who are jobless?

Oh on those social programs that have no funds to pay for them,

But that magically converts the evil bastards into the helpless victims. That's a desirable thing, isn't it?

edit on 28-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the President is responsible for every action, of every person, in every department of the Executive Branch.

Really?

Then seems a lot of people owe an apology to the last guy who has been blamed for 12 years of the current state of the union.

If some people have a problem of holding the current guy to the standards they created for the last guy well,

So what way do people want to have it?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Those defense contractors employ millions

Those millions are nothing more than employees living off the government payroll, much like the military (the largest and most consistently over-funded social program in this country's history.

See what I did there?

Clueless?

Certainly!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the President is responsible for every action, of every person, in every department of the Executive Branch. Do you realize how many decisions are made every day? He wouldn't get anything else done if he had to oversee every single decision made by every single person.

What about the other branches of Gov't? You're saying that if some congressional secretary, in some obscure office, makes a bad decision, then the heads of Congress are responsible for that too?

Do you honestly believe your own nonsense?

So now that these Senators have alerted Obama, can we safely assume he will correct his errant portion of government?

What flavor coolaide are you peddling?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Wanna try again?

58% of federal spending is on entitlement that does nothing but destroy wealth

Here's another one:

I agree some people really are clueless and it is always the same anti-corporate anti-defense crowd.

edit on 28-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

...seems a lot of people owe an apology to the last guy who has been blamed for 12 years of the current state of the union.

If some people have a problem of holding the current guy to the standards they created for the last guy well,

So what way do people want to have it?

The biggest revelation of my adult life.

I was a conservative who railed against the ENTIRETY of those first eight years, only to learn in the next four that I was right back there again with a lot less company.

:shk:

Our country declines because our electorate is simply clueless.

Plain as that.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Wanna try agaun?

58% of federal spending is on entitlement that does nothing but destroy wealth

Make that 78% then. I include the military as an entitlement program. Let's call a spade a spade, shall we?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
Make that 78% then. I include the military as an entitlement program. Let's call a spade a spade, shall we?

Let's each agree to write our posts in completely different languages.

That way this discussion can truly deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well sorry fundamental difference there is the military actually work for their money unlike those on entitlement programs.

Anyone calling defense spending an entitlement doesn't know what they are talking about considering the constitution says to provide for the common defense,

Converse anyone wanna point out where it says that I have to pay for another persons cell phone,healthcare,education,food---pay for their existence,

Defense spending is something that every single person in this country benefits from Helvring V. Davis:

"Congress may spend money in aid of the 'general welfare'...There have been great statesmen in our history who have stood for other views...The line must still be drawn between one welfare and another, between particular and general. Where this shall be placed cannot be known through a formula in advance of the event...The discretion belongs to Congress, unless the choice is clearly wrong, a display of arbitrary power, not an exercise of judgment. This is now familiar law."

en.wikipedia.org...

Today there are currently:

50 million on Social Security
50 million on Medicare
50 million on Medicaid
47 million on welfare

There is over 1 trillion dollars of student loan debt.

That line has clearly been crossed.

There are currently less than 3 million in the Armed services

1.5 active duty
1.5 reserve.

Current federal spending on entitlements alone is over 2.5 trillion dollars

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I thought the government didn't create jobs. Or do you just change your story when its convenient?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
US Military Spending

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Oh forget it. I don't know why I bothered in the first place.
edit on 9/28/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Converse anyone wanna point out where it says that I have to pay for another persons cell phone,healthcare,education,food---pay for their existence,

"Together the two statutes (SS & AAA) now before us embody a cooperative legislative effort by state and national governments, for carrying out a public purpose common to both, which neither could fully achieve without the cooperation of the other. The Constitution does not prohibit such cooperation."

". . .there is need to remind ourselves of facts as to the problem of unemployment that are now matters of common knowledge. . .the roll of the unemployed, itself formidable enough, was only a partial roll of the destitute or needy. The fact developed quickly that the states were unable to give the requisite relief. The problem had become national in area and dimensions. There was need of help from the nation if the people were not to starve. It is too late today for the argument to be heard with tolerance that in a crisis so extreme the use of the moneys of the nation to relieve the unemployed and their dependents is a use for any purpose (other) than the promotion of the general welfare."

-Justice Benjamin Cardozo, 1937

The constitution says a lot more than you think it does.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Anyone calling defense spending an entitlement doesn't know what they are talking about considering the constitution says to provide for the common defense

Define "Common defense".

Our government spends more money than the next 20 closest governments combined on "defense". Is that common? I would say it is rather uncommon.

Face it Neo, that much defense spending is ridiculous; yet, that is the last thing in the budget that a conservative wants to discuss.

Let's talk about social spending; I'm open to debate,. However, let's also have a nice long discussion about defense spending.

Which one costs more? No need to answer, it's rhetorical, and we all know the answer.

Wanna chat about it? let me know.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Face it the Us spends more on everything than the rest of the world rather easy for the "chairborne commandos" to say this that and the other,and condemn defense spending when it is not their butts on the line.

But it is.

The reality of the world: they are spending,they are modernizing, and they are building up theirs, but hey who really cares right?

They don't have to do anything.given the fact that the majority of weapons systems are decades old,communcations systems are decades old and most people don't have cars, and cell phones as most military gear.

Damn the military I want my free crap!

Pay Walmart prices for the military and we end up with a Walmart military that is a fact.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Let's each agree to write our posts in completely different languages.

That way this discussion can truly deny ignorance.

What is your first language? I'll translate it for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Does the government create jobs? Yes or no?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by neo96

Does the government create jobs? Yes or no?

Depends on how someone defines a "job".

For instance in the case of Solyndra spending millions on that company returned nothing but bankruptcy.

In the case of spending 787 billion dollars that produced nothing for that investment.

In the case of defense where X amount of money being spent returns that translate to secondary and tertiary business that translate in to wealth creation where federal tax revenue is generated.

The difference is that wealth creation has an interjection of more wealth than was initially spent and actually ROI- return on investment.

In the case of spending 2.5 trillion of tax revenue being spent on entitlement that has small interjection of private wealth where no income tax is paid leaving a situation where more people are consuming the wealth that they are paying in.

To the question being asked "Does Government create jobs" is a simplistic inaccurate question to be asking.

Should be asking does the government create a job where income tax is paid, and if the amount paid is worth the investment.

In one case yes in the other case no.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So the government only creates jobs when they are making bombs. Great logic.

According to you, you would hate to get rid of all the entitlement programs, as they create jobs and revenue. All the doctors and pharmaceutical companies paying billions in taxes. And JP Morgan, all the grocery store, food manufactures, that make billions in revenue from food stamps.
edit on 28-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Sadly Obama cuts have already altered the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans already leaving them unemployed since the first wave of layoff, in June.

Obama is lying to the people, he is not and have not created any jobs that he can honestly claim under his term, what is doing is creating a massive welfare state.

He will go into history as the worst president so far when it comes to unemployment, because the jobs been lost will never be recovered.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join