It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those days be shortened for the sake of the ELECT

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Who are the Elect in the bible? The Elect are the natural born jewish decendants of Abraham. Many christians believe this refers to the church but this is not so. The Elect are they who were originally chosen to bear the Light of the Word. But because they rejected the Light it was then given to the gentile peoples until the time would come when the Elect could take up the cause.

The Elect were given an invitation, to a wedding but like many people often do many were "too busy" to attend, and so the King sent out invitations to all peoples across the land so that His Son would have people in attendence to His wedding feast. The invitation the Elect were given was a special invitation, bordered in gold with fancy lettering as befitt those of familial relation. In essence, out of 100 to recieve that invitation, only a handful would accept and be present, so the call to the rest of the neighorhood went out.

This is not to say that only the Elect were meant for salvation, for "Many are called but few are chosen". It means that many will be called but few are of the Elect, the Chosen. The Elect are reserved the special seats at the banquet table closer to the groom than the rest of the neighborhood. This is not to say that we should be jealous of them, but that we should be happy that our esteemed brothers should come, and that we are able to come with them.

In Revelation "those days" are not shortened for the church, because the church will not be here at that time, but it is for the sake of the Elect that those days be shortened so that God can keep his covenant with Abraham and with Jacob.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Interesting stuff OP.

What is your view of the of the procession of the "redeemed" in Revelation 14:4:

These are they not defiled with women; for they are virgins.

I think some sects believe only these will go to heaven and rule as administrators over creation, while all other "saved" men that were "defiled" by women will remain on earth with females as a faithful populace.

Could you expand from your interpretation?

I don't think women are "defiling", but it seems important that the elect men remain virgins.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Other translations say committed adultery. As in gave into sin with the world, not a literal virgin.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Perhaps, but my KJV says they are virgins, undefiled by women.
So the KJV is wrong?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by jhill76

Perhaps, but my KJV says they are virgins, undefiled by women.
So the KJV is wrong?

I am not going there on this thread.

Another source expanded on that point and wrote:

They are pure from idolatry, and are presented as unspotted virgins to their Lord and Savior Christ.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Proof or it isn't true. David Icke sounds pretty convincing too, you know.
edit on 28-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The elect is the Church. The only true Israel is the Church. The covenant given to Abraham belongs to the Church.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Elect are the natural born jewish decendants of Abraham.

The elect are the Christians, according to the New Testament.
You believe what you do because you belong to an idolatrous cult that worships men.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

...you belong to an idolatrous cult that worships men.

Harsh words. Do you have any proof of this claim?
edit on 9/28/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

They believe what they do because they need something to believe in. Everyone else has let them down.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

They believe what they do because they need something to believe in. Everyone else has let them down.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Can anyone define the term "christian"?

Christian denominations....

Whos got the correct one?

Kinda like playing the lottery eh...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hmmm, seems there are some confused people here who have not done due diligence in precise study.

Link.

S & F
edit on 28-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by halfoldman

Other translations say committed adultery. As in gave into sin with the world, not a literal virgin.

Fornication in prophetical terms often refers to idolatry and worship of false gods and pariticipation in witchcraft, spellcasting and magick. Ways which do not come from God.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You believe what you do because you belong to an idolatrous cult that worships men.

The cult is the one that claims God is a breaker of oaths and a liar who does not keep his word. He never broke his covenant with Abraham, nor did he break his covenant with Jacob.

The elect is not the church, it is the people who he chose from the beginning that he elected to bring Messiah down through. Jesus was not a gentile.

John 4:22-24

22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Salvation came down through the jews, not the gentiles. Who then are the elect? The jews are, it was they home the Messiah's line came down from. Replacement theory is an error. We did not replace them.

John 10:14-16

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

The 2 flocks become one, and there will be one shepherd. Not replacement theory, but a joining of the two.
edit on 28-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If the Church and the elect are two different groups, which one do the twelve apostles belong to?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

The cult is the one that claims God is a breaker of oaths and a liar who does not keep his word. He never broke his covenant with Abraham, nor did he break his covenant with Jacob.

No, He did not lie. The Church is the seed of Abraham. Those who reject the Messieh are not the seed of Abraham.

"29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:29 KJV)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
If the Church and the elect are two different groups, which one do the twelve apostles belong to?

The apostles were jews. Believing in Jesus didn't change that. Jesus took away the need for sin sacrifice to cover our sins, by sacrificing himself once and for all. The word "christian" is a vague term, we're all messianics who believe in him.

This is hinted at in the parable of the cultivated olive tree with the wild olive branches grafted in. If you take away the word "christian" would it make you any less of a believer in him? Would it change your spirit and your disposition? Only if you're spirit and disposition did not come from God.

Take for instance, what if Jesus had been chinese or african? What if he had been a russian or a philippino? Would you care about his appearence if he can still save? The word for what we are matters not, we are what and who we are.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Well, each to their own, but the passage clearly refers to male virgins undefiled by women.

To deflect that on other things like sorcery seems a bit abstract, and I suppose the events of Revelation cannot really happen until Christians raise up a generation of male virgins "undefiled by women" instead of heterosexism at all costs.

Understandably to fulfill that vision will take quite a change in Christian culture to get back to the early days, since mostly those who lead sexual lives with a female currently dominate, and they will thus refuse to take the verses literally due to their blindness by pride and lust.

However, the prophesy according to Revelation 14 couldn't be clearer, and before they rebuild temples or breed red heifers, they need "hundred and forty and four thousand" (144, 1000) male adult virgins.
edit on 28-9-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Well, each to their own, but the passage clearly refers to male virgins undefiled by women.

To deflect that on other things like sorcery seems a bit abstract, and I suppose the events of Revelation cannot really happen until Christians raise up a generation of male virgins "undefiled by women" (and women as defiling are a much repeated trope in the Bible from Genesis) instead of heterosexism at all costs.

edit on 28-9-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

No it does not clearly refer to men who never had sex with women. What will you advocate next? That the 144k are all gay? At no one time did God ever command man not to multiply and be fruitful. That command went out from the very beginning.

"Women" are religions and cults and in a couple particular cases a type of evil spirit, such as Jezebel spoken of in Revelation 2:20. One particular "Immoral woman" is the Queen of Heaven spoken of in Jeremiah 7 called Ashtoreth or Asherah.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join