It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, I am officially creeped out here

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Very freaky, like you are being set up. Well it does not seem paranormal more like psy-op.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Have you checked the header to see if you could get an IP address indicating the origin of the email? Resource

[Edit to add]

For clarity, I did see where you stated you "did the data trail thing" but wasn't sure that meant pulled the IPs out of the header. If you did and verified it's your IP, then sorry for the side track.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/3/2012 by yeahright because: Edit to add

I did and yes, it did come from my computer. I have no explanation for that, as you can imagine.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
A thought....

perhaps it was not for you at all, but by your posting here now (or discussing it with others), the one it was intended for has read/heard it. something like a trigger.
You don't need the memory of it as it was not for you.

Simply being aware opens you up to all sorts of 'things', and as your a writer you are most deffinately plugged into a/the source, I'm always very cautious about where these so called 'gifts' come from. You take/use, you pay in some way. The same way your writing is not actually for you, but for someone else possibly years from now reading it.

My own wtf(?!) example....
(short version)
Had some 'experiences' and then conversations at the same time with my husband a couple of months ago,
I distinctly remember hearing him say to me quite forcefully "I have to take you to Germany"
We discussed the 'episode' a few days later and he is adament 'I'said "you have to take me to Germany"

My memory of the event is not what/how he remembers it at all, it was completely opposite.

Just a thought.....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Maybe you're a character in your own subconscious novel.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Okay then. I'm officially creeped out for you.

The email contents were far enough out of your range of interest it's unlikely you'd forget creating and sending it. The only other possibility is someone had access to your computer (remotely or physically) and did it. If you can completely rule that out, then we're back to what I generally refer to as High Strangeness. Which I find second-hand creepy. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if it happened to me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
A thought....

perhaps it was not for you at all, but by your posting here now (or discussing it with others), the one it was intended for has read/heard it. something like a trigger.
You don't need the memory of it as it was not for you.

Simply being aware opens you up to all sorts of 'things', and as your a writer you are most deffinately plugged into a/the source, I'm always very cautious about where these so called 'gifts' come from. You take/use, you pay in some way. The same way your writing is not actually for you, but for someone else possibly years from now reading it.

My real puzzle in this is the mechanics of how it actually occurred. At first it was the song chorus itself (of course, I'm assuming that it's a song chorus since it reads like one) but now I'm really stumped as to HOW it actually was able to happen at all. I've gotten used to weird things happening around me and to me. That kind of stuff just doesn't phase me as much as maybe it should.

My larger concern is to understand the physical reality involved in some of these things. This one anomaly seems driven to upend some fundamental tenets that I am absolutely sure are foundational to the substructure that we all depend on for ongoing existence. Just in a very small way, but enough to force me to dig into exactly how it could have happened as it seems that it did happen. Not the intent or the conscious intellect of the author - that could involve any number of possible "usual suspects" in my case - but the actual email send itself, and how it was accomplished. Unless the digital trail was fudged after the fact, but then, that would imply a larger motivation that I just don't see as being plausibly operative in my case. I don't accept what is clearly contradictory, regardless of how compelling the empirical evidence may be. If this is some sort of attempt to spin my research off into a ditch, whomever it was that put this together is not anyone who's spent any time getting to know me. In short, it was a wasted effort if that's what the effort was meant to achieve.

My own wtf(?!) example....
(short version)
Had some 'experiences' and then conversations at the same time with my husband a couple of months ago,
I distinctly remember hearing him say to me quite forcefully "I have to take you to Germany"
We discussed the 'episode' a few days later and he is adament 'I'said "you have to take me to Germany"

My memory of the event is not what/how he remembers it at all, it was completely opposite.

Just a thought.....

So, what was in Germany? Berlin in the springtime?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Okay then. I'm officially creeped out for you.

The email contents were far enough out of your range of interest it's unlikely you'd forget creating and sending it. The only other possibility is someone had access to your computer (remotely or physically) and did it. If you can completely rule that out, then we're back to what I generally refer to as High Strangeness. Which I find second-hand creepy. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if it happened to me.

Oh, it's not anything I can't deal with. Since taking on the research I've been involved in it's been a nonstop freak-fest of one WTF? moment after another. They're just people, regardless of what they try to make us believe, and the ones that have been benefiting from the cultural status quo (relative to the spiritual versus material and theism versus atheism tug of war) are understandably irritated with any threats to it. They do their "whack a mole" thing on both sides of the "divide", and now that I've had a little time to think about the specifics of this odd incident, I'm beginning to see some "signatures" here. This one was pretty good - very inventive - but, again, one apparent dichotomy doesn't prove any rule. Especially when you know that there are ways to counterfeit digital evidence if you have "unique access" to whatever is material and - therefore - inherently malleable.

I appreciate the responses. What I needed to find out is if anyone had seen this sort of thing before. Apparently not, but then I've begun to better understand some possible methods of manipulating the evidence trail in a way that would make the email send appear to have occurred as an impossible event. That, as a solution, certainly shifts this mystery away from impossible to highly deliberate, and centers my attention on a small group of likely folks that have placed themselves on my radar screen. My people will know how to proceed from here.

Ah life....it truly is an enchanting mystery.
edit on 10/4/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Maybe you're a character in your own subconscious novel.

Likely. I think I die in the end.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I believe that does happen sometimes.

2nd line

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I was re-reading this part....

"So, if this is something paranormal, then what the hell is the point? And if it isn't, then what the f*ck is it? And I'm not going to bother with the common sense geniuses that will just tell me that I wrote it and sent it to myself while I was drunk. It was emailed at 10:30 in the morning, on a Sunday, and at that time, I was at a Catholic Church service, as usual, with my wife, who is the practicing Catholic in the family. Definitely not drunk, regardless. "

and I saw the word 'enthralled', with in that section, I had to re-read it and then it wasn't there, just thought I'd mention it. It is possible though, keep the lyrics handy though something/someone will pop up.

Germany is another story all together
there is still something there, a very strong something/trapped(?)festery(?)sad(?), tainted from what they practiced/used. It had to do with my thoughts on Adolf and his true love. He was the ultimate puppet. It get's complicated....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join