It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Munitionslager Haid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I live in southwest Germany and about 5 minutes from my house is a former American military installation. From what I have heard, they used to store nuclear missiles in the bunkers during the cold war and even earlier. Now it is a very popular site for illegal paintball matches (some walls are full of paintball splatters and if you look on the floor there are intact paintballs). I went there recently with a couple of friends to shoot some photos for a game mod in the works and noticed some changes:

-There have been cages installed in front of the actual bunker doors. They are made of a 5mm thick metal mesh that is also used for building catwalks. Inside these cages, you can see the controls for a basic alarm system.
see
noouch.homestead.com...
noouch.homestead.com...

-Lots of buildings have been gutted so there are just the bare walls. The only building that hasn't been gutted is the main building with the tower.
see
noouch.homestead.com...
(there used to be a big machine here)

-Broken windows have almost all been replaced.
(sorry no good pics)

-In the main building, there are some electronic installation racks similar to server racks. The paint on them seems fairly new and they weren't there last time. Also, a lot of the electric stuff seems very new.
see
noouch.homestead.com...

After performing all kinds of google searches on it, I only got a few relevant results, none of which really answered my questions.

What I was wondering is:

-Does anyone have any detailed information on this facility?

-What are they storing in the bunkers now?

-Why are they renewing the place?

An overview of the place:
noouch.homestead.com...
(that pink thing is my hand blocking the evening sun)

For all pics I took go here:
noouch.homestead.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would also like to add that this place has been abandoned since the end of the cold war...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The Army is probably aware of the activities on it's property and is taking action to keep tresspassers out. If one of your paintballing buddies were to get seriously injured on the site who would they want to pay for it? The property owner of course.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Then why haven't they fixed the 2 year old holes in the fence? Plus, the area around the place is very active, not military but industrial (timber, factories, sheep etc.)

*edit*
my dad just told me they're going to do a tour of the area and maybe I might find out what's going on.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by noouch]

new topics

top topics

join