It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 NTS (NNSS) Environmental report released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
www.osti.gov.../1050519/
The NNSS (AKA NTS, N2S2, Nevada Test Site) releases this report yearly, just tweaking it from year to year. Of note is again the TTR shape is different, implying the NNTR took back some land. This isn't the first time I have seen the shape changed.

Also of interest is a land use map. Area 6, where Lockheed has their UAV facility (former AOF), is colored blue, which has designation of Defense Industrial. Also all of area 27, though I don't see anything particularly new there other than existing project dating back to the last century. ;-).

For those not familiar with the AOF, I archived the document:
www.lazygranch.com/images/nts/aof_final.pdf

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I've seen the map and where it says "Nevada National Security Site", these is the former Nevada Test Site or Nevada Proving Ground? They changed their name recently? Also noteworthy is that the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) is much wider and larger than other ranges like TTR, NTS, Groom and other detachments. As well as this, Lockheed Martin contractors they have a test site for small UAVs in Area 6, where exactly Yucca Flat, inside the Nevada Test Site (NTS)?

I guess that Lockheed only not is operating in Yucca Flat, but also in other ranges, right? It seems that at this rate they do reduce some of the land for sites like TTR, Groom and other facilities, though I doubt that part of Groom Lake lands they cutout.

Who manages all these ranges? This means we have the TTR, also NNSS, NTTR, TPECR, Groom and other small remote detachments in the first map painted of blue.
edit on 29-9-2012 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rayktheon

You can see the AOF on Google Earth at
36.926913 -116.007224
There have been a few threads on ATS. I don't recall seeing the blue "defense" zones on the NTS before, but the AOF has been used by Lockheed now for some time. If you zoom in on the map, you can see the hangars have names. This base is very hard to observe from free territory. In fact, parts of the NTS are much harder to observe than Groom Lake. That is why the rumors regarding Area 19 never really die since the area is so remote and it is not on the NTS tour.

The TPECR, NTS/NNSA/N2S2, and TTR are all contained within the NTTR. The NTS has been renamed a few times A total waste of money. The DOE controls the NTS. Nellis ultimately controls everything else, but there are contractors involved. If you attend a Red Flag, you will see all the "threat" trailers are staffed by civilians. At Nellis, there is the 99th CON (99th contracting squadron) to take care of managing and soliciting contracts. If you troll
www.fbo.gov...
you can get an idea how the business is run.

If you park around the Cedar Pipeline Ranch during Red Flag, you will see a parade of white "contractor" trucks leaving the range after the exercise is over. They are staffing the "threats" located in enemy (red) territory.

The reduction in size of the TTR is at this point a mystery. At one point, is was 280 square miles, or 179,200 acres. But other documents list it as 336,000 acres. It is possible the borders were moved to allow for renewable energy projects to go onto the north side of the NTTR.

Here is a map I took out of another report:

edit on 29-9-2012 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I remember that was published a career contract of 99th contracting squadron to find a contractor to provide paving services in remote sites of Nevada; like Tonopah, Beatty and elsewhere. I guess at BaseCamp not has been any case of new building, anyway the BaseCamp enlargement could be carried out the building contract or expansion like other site by the same contracting squadron at Nellis? Or by the Department of Energy,nonetheless is the predecessor of the former Atomic Energy Commission at the early years.
edit on 30-9-2012 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The 99 CON data for Base Camp is at the bottom of this page:
www.lazygranch.com...

They accidentally revealed quite a bit of information in that contract. Let's just say the GHOST squadron is involved. I'll leave the rest as an exercise for the reader.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
On the page that you provided me, specifically where it says "Base Camp Land Withdrawal", I read part of it given in the notes and not mention the name of"BaseCamp", only said that the Air Force they go expand a few acres of Nye County lands. How do we know that the extension is going to take place specifically in BaseCamp? Why don't mentioned the name of BaseCamp?
edit on 1-10-2012 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

"We" know the expansion took place at Base Camp because I went to the BLM office and inspected the file. To even see the file, I had to sign a document. At the time I was the only person to inspect the changes as shown on a map. The USAF had intended on running a fence on the east side of Tybo road all the way to the existing cattle fence. This went way beyond the land they were going to grab. I complained and the BLM changed the document to indicate the USAF could not fence off land they didn "own." As you have read, there is nothing in the Federal Register regarding fencing at all, though there is no issue with the USAF fencing off land that is withdrawn.

The other parcel mentioned in the Federal Register is for Halligan Mesa. The land the USAF "owns" there is fenced. There is also an illegal no trespassing sign on the road to Halligan Mesa. I have met with the BLM and the county recorders office and the USAF has no rights to that road. You can legally on it right to the gate.

The original AEC (now DOE) documents for Base Camp refer to the Halligan Mesa site as "no name hill." Either they didn't know it had a name, or the USAF named the hill. If you examine Google Earth carefully, you can see there is a path leading from Base Camp to Helligan Mesa. The AEC had wired the hill for there own use. I don't know if this path is used by the USAF or not.

As far as I can determine, the new microwave dish on Bald Mountain points to Halligan Mesa.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Anyhow, from what I see, the Air Force want and has a lots of concrete illegal land areas in Halligan Mesa and surrounding Basecamp? That is, the Air Force wants to take over acres of land that they don't owned, but it is privately owned? Probably from a rancher in the area? How is all this possible, USAF has legality to seize a public lands that there are not within its competence and jurisdiction?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The land is owned by the BLM, which technically means it is owned by the citizens of the United States, but in reality is owned by the feds. Because "we" own the land, we get to express our opinion on the retraction of the land from BLM holdings. The DoD claims national security to take the land away from the public. Just look at a map of the US and you will see that the NTTR is bigger than a few of the eastern states combined. I couldn't exactly make a stink about the USAF stealing more land for Base Camp, but I did manage to keep them from fencing off land they don't control.

In the case of Base Camp, some enterprising people have petitioned the BLM to grow alfalfa on the BLM land near Base Camp. They call this AGUs, which loosely stands for "agricultural units." If you can show some economical use of the land, such as mining, cattle grazing, or growing alfalfa, you can get permission to occupy the BLM land. If you get a mining, claim, you can hold the land if you produce an assay on a scheduled basis to make it look like you are actually doing some mining. There is also a way to get a patented mining claim which gives the owner more rights than a normal mining claim. Anyway, the DoD saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to have an alfalfa farm on their back 40, so they expanded the border.

Rachel was founded on agricultural claims by the Day family.
www.rachel-nevada.com...
Glenn Campbell wrote this history as "community service" as his sentence for the crime of interfering with a police officer. The story is buried in the Desert Rat newsletter somewhere.

There is a tendency for some of these ranchers to consider their AGU (land they pay a modest fee for the rights to graze) as THEIR land. I have had one occasion to stand my ground with some ranch hand that didn't appreciate my camping on his boss's AGU. It is still BLM land and you are free to occupy it within the rules established by the BLM. The mining claims are a little different. You can't occupy a mine, but you can camp outside the mine.

There is a bit of the wild west in the wild west, or at least the south west. People will BS the uninformed. They will put up illegal "no trespassing" signs on public land and roads. Sometimes they put chains across the road. If you read the Desert Rat newsletter, Glenn Campbell kept bolt cutters in his car to cut these chains. That is a bit gonzo. You can log the coordinates of the illegal roadblock and the BLM will use their own bolt cutters to break the chain. They don't seem keen on removing illegal no trespassing signs, so you have to just ignore them.

Road Block Canyon is a prime example of Groom Lake just doing what the hell they want to do on BLM property. The camo dudes created the road block by setting off dynamite on a nearby hill. There is no way the BLM would approve of this nonsense. Camo dudes...no license plates needed...no badges needed...and apparently no explosive permits either.
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It's the first time I read something about "Road Block Canyon" in relationship with the Camo Dudes, these guys put a some dynamite in small hills to blow up part of the rocks and avoid the public access to a particular area of ​​the perimeter of Groom Lake ?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Road Block Canyon didn't have that name until the Camo Dudes blew up the rock on the hill to create the road block. It leads to Freedom Ridge, which the Camo dudes called by the codename K-Mart. The dudes tried to discourage people driving through the area to get to Freedom Ridge, since the presence of tourists on the hill would interfere with tests at Groom Lake.

The last time I was there, the road block could probably be crossed with any 4WD if you don't mind a few dents on the undercarriage. Since you can't get to Freedom Ridge anymore, Road Block Canyon doesn't get that much traffic. People head out that way just view the area from an historic viewpoint. There is a road sensor somewhere along the way to Road Block Canyon, but the camera and passive infrared detector are gone. In fact, so are the signs at the border. ;-) The area hasn't been photographed in a few years, so maybe the signs and sensors are back. In any event, you will get a Camo Dude visit, but the dude kind of hangs back and watches.

There are power lines to be run a bit south of Road Block Canyon, so it is likely that more traffic be in the general area, though not at Road Block Canyon itself. The last time I looked, the power line crew was working around Texas Lake, so they have some distance to go.

I was told they dug a well not too far from Road Block Canyon. The city of Las Vegas has the rights to water in Lincoln county. Former Governor Jim Gibbons screwed Lincoln County out of their water. People in Lincoln County vote for anyone with a R by their name, so getting screwed by Gibbons is more like being stabbed in the back.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I had the 1968 assessment report but lost it. it mention station 293 in area 11. What was the facility guarded by station 293 . Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
For those not familiar with the AOF, I archived the document:
www.lazygranch.com/images/nts/aof_final.pdf

I was wondering where the references to "XP Hangar", and "Falcon Hangar" came from. I see no reference to what contractor is actually using this facility? I had heard it was Lockheed, not sure where that came from.
edit on 2-9-2019 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The land is owned by the BLM, which technically means it is owned by the citizens of the United States, but in reality is owned by the feds. Because "we" own the land, we get to express our opinion on the retraction of the land from BLM holdings. The DoD claims national security to take the land away from the public. Just look at a map of the US and you will see that the NTTR is bigger than a few of the eastern states combined. I couldn't exactly make a stink about the USAF stealing more land for Base Camp, but I did manage to keep them from fencing off land they don't control.
Rachel was founded on agricultural claims by the Day family.
www.rachel-nevada.com...
Glenn Campbell wrote this history as "community service" as his sentence for the crime of interfering with a police officer. The story is buried in the Desert Rat newsletter somewhere.

There is a tendency for some of these ranchers to consider their AGU (land they pay a modest fee for the rights to graze) as THEIR land. I have had one occasion to stand my ground with some ranch hand that didn't appreciate my camping on his boss's AGU. It is still BLM land and you are free to occupy it within the rules established by the BLM. The mining claims are a little different. You can't occupy a mine, but you can camp outside the mine.

There is a bit of the wild west in the wild west, or at least the south west. People will BS the uninformed. They will put up illegal "no trespassing" signs on public land and roads. Sometimes they put chains across the road. If you read the Desert Rat newsletter, Glenn Campbell kept bolt cutters in his car to cut these chains. That is a bit gonzo. You can log the coordinates of the illegal roadblock and the BLM will use their own bolt cutters to break the chain. They don't seem keen on removing illegal no trespassing signs, so you have to just ignore them.

Road Block Canyon is a prime example of Groom Lake just doing what the hell they want to do on BLM property. The camo dudes created the road block by setting off dynamite on a nearby hill. There is no way the BLM would approve of this nonsense. Camo dudes...no license plates needed...no badges needed...and apparently no explosive permits either.
www.lazygranch.com...

Just a note after reading this. I created a KML file for Google Earth/MAPS.ME for the upcoming "Storm Area 51" event. Just my civic duty to try and help keep the tourists/idiots on the right trails, and outside of restricted area. ANYWAY - I ordered maps from the BLM, received them, then mapped out the private VS BLM/public land around Rachel. The map is circa 2004, but I see no changes on BLMs website. I do believe the land that Medlin Ranch is on, was basically "gifted" to them. Gariac knows more about this.

www.dropbox.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The last time I was there, the road block could probably be crossed with any 4WD if you don't mind a few dents on the undercarriage.

The "roadblock" is pretty much crushed right down now, most any 4WD vehicle can cross it. Watch for the red posts in there, there are no signs! And keep in mind (I know this for a fact, don't ask how) the camo dudes come in from the opposite direction, and sit right around the corner from where the restricted area starts.

new topics

top topics

join