It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Man Killed By Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree it's tragic but many people will fake various ailments just to go to the hospital instead of lockup. Can we reasonably expect police to be doctors as well?

Uhh....it's pretty clear he wasn't faking after gasping for air for over 7 minutes then passing out. The cops didn't even try to revive him or call an ambulance.....until 3 minutes after him losing consciousness.

They have a legal obligation to call the ambulance regardless, it is not their job to guess if someone is faking or not.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by becomingaware
Nope, no respect from this dude. They are the worlds biggest gang. Straight up thugs.

And they need to remember this when they get shot at eventually.

What are we waiting for?

edit on 28-9-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
I have sat in the back of a cop car in Phoenix, AZ when it was 115 out and he left me back there with no air for 10 minutes.

Disgusting pigs.

This happens more than anyone would expect.

Filthy pigs in deed.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree it's tragic but many people will fake various ailments just to go to the hospital instead of lockup. Can we reasonably expect police to be doctors as well?

Uhh....it's pretty clear he wasn't faking after gasping for air for over 7 minutes then passing out. The cops didn't even try to revive him or call an ambulance.....until 3 minutes after him losing consciousness.

They have a legal obligation to call the ambulance regardless, it is not their job to guess if someone is faking or not.

Exactly. Just because someone MIGHT fake it we all should die?

Bull#!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I had a couple of friends that were both choked so badly after being jailed on different occasions back in the mid 60s in the Dallas jail that neither of them could speak above a whisper for weeks.... They were both in their teens, intoxicated and Mexican Americans... That never happened to any of my white friends or myself when we were pulled over when drinking... Who ever in the car that was the most sober would be told to drive home whether we had a license or not... One Christmas Eve when returning from my grandmothers house my mother stopped at the grocery store my father owned to pick him up... We saw a black kid passed out in the grass about a block away and my father got out to see if he was OK... He returned to the car,drove back to the store and called for a cab and paid the fare to take the kid home because he was afraid that he would be beaten up by cops... I'm not sure that it wasn't just as bad back 50 years ago but just not reported.. There were a lot of things that happened in the lower income areas where people of minority races lived that never made it into the newspapers or TV.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

MILWAUKEE- The Milwaukee County medical examiner is explaining why he changed the cause of death of Derek Williams from natural causes to homicide.

There was a cracked hyoid bone in Williams' neck that was revealed during the autopsy. Such injuries result in about one-third of fatal strangulations and are caused by extreme force.

In the video, as Williams begs for help, one of the officers says, "You're breathing fine," and "Stop messing around." Williams struggles to breathe for 7 minutes 45 seconds, then slumps over, unconscious.

An officer checks his pulse several times, props him up in the seat and walks to a nearby supervisor's car. Finding no one there, the officer returns, pulls Williams out of the squad car and starts CPR as a different officer calls for medical assistance. At least three minutes pass between the time Williams loses consciousness and the time the officer takes Williams out of the car. Police and paramedics continue CPR for more than 45 minutes before Williams is declared dead.

www.jsonline.com...

Well this is just sick. Why wouldn't they call an ambulance to someone that is clearly having severe breathing problems? Then once he becomes unconscious wait 3 minutes to perform CPR? The cops need to be charged with murder.
Ummm........The ONE time that I can agree with you Spoke. Keep it up and we might just have the basis for a real dialogue.

Yousir

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If one looks at the overall trend it is becoming more and more clear. In the old days cops were there to protect and serve.

Now days they are exponetially becoming more more militant in nature. Think of the Nazi Gestapo, Soviet NKVD...once one is able to see the paraells, local law enforcement is nothing more than extension of over reaching government and is for all purposes just a branch of the military.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Youtube removed the video.
I can get a link myself, but then why do I pay ATS for convenience??

SOMEONE GET ME A LINK BEFORE I SNAP SOME # UP.
edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Dang, I really wanted to see that video.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully someone can find it again!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

MILWAUKEE- The Milwaukee County medical examiner is explaining why he changed the cause of death of Derek Williams from natural causes to homicide.

There was a cracked hyoid bone in Williams' neck that was revealed during the autopsy. Such injuries result in about one-third of fatal strangulations and are caused by extreme force.

In the video, as Williams begs for help, one of the officers says, "You're breathing fine," and "Stop messing around." Williams struggles to breathe for 7 minutes 45 seconds, then slumps over, unconscious.

An officer checks his pulse several times, props him up in the seat and walks to a nearby supervisor's car. Finding no one there, the officer returns, pulls Williams out of the squad car and starts CPR as a different officer calls for medical assistance. At least three minutes pass between the time Williams loses consciousness and the time the officer takes Williams out of the car. Police and paramedics continue CPR for more than 45 minutes before Williams is declared dead.

www.jsonline.com...

Well this is just sick. Why wouldn't they call an ambulance to someone that is clearly having severe breathing problems? Then once he becomes unconscious wait 3 minutes to perform CPR? The cops need to be charged with murder.

No spoke.

An eye for an eye needs to be the mantra in America from now on.

Our system is broke, and the only alternative now is to let them run ruffshod over you, and give them what they dish out.

Its either that or roll over. Which one?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
involuntary manslaughter/manslaughter people have got this for tripping people, punching a person 1 time, self defense, even for making people have a heart attack, how the hell that is possible is beyond me but its true! all kinds of stupid reasons, and usually when the other person starts the damn problem in first place. just because it happens on a job doesn't mean squat! if you operating a crane or forklift ect ect and kill 1-20 people accidently, you most likely see time on negligence WHY DONT COPS! i agree it is the job of police to apprehend a potential suspect in a crime, but when the person is already in handcuffs or handcuffed in back of car already, you don't beat the crap out of them strangle them pepper spray them or taze them just because they should have complied and made a cop actually move his fat ass for a change. its a disgusting show of abuse of power and trust, when people a see a black or blue uniform , they shouldn't feel fear, they should be filled with joy or at least respect, and that the problem, most of these dip#$% joined for some kind of respect, and think it automatically comes with the uniform, it doesn't, after years of experience and community SERVICE, that is when people in neighbor hoods come and say hi so and so officer, and store owners give free food/service back!

then you read story after story of whole departments from all over the country cheating on tests to "get in" its no freaking wonder they have no f ing clue what they are doing when they get out there on the beat/patrol and resort to animal tactics. that is not to say allot are clean and legit and very smart, have some in the family, and i hear horror stories from them and their buddies when i drink with them so i know its not an easy job, and not one id choose for myself for sure. it takes a lot of heart, a sharp mind, and balls to do what "half" these men and woman do on a daily basis.

but most take the job not thinking about the horrors they will encounter, and just like any career move, you do not just up and leave and start something new,. so when you hate a job but puts food on table you get bored , lazy and very sloppy, hoping you can make it through to get a cush desk job and a pension. add to the fact the cops rarely see jail time, when they do get caught its PAID leave which just pisses people off even more, and leads to more litigation, which then in turn makes everyone else good or bad cop stick to the good ol boy system. and you have what we have today, abuse in every state, and no short supply of bad apples.

justice is supposed to be decided in court, not in the back seat of a police car or jail cell , period!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
we need non union cops
the unions are way too protected
edit on 29-9-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Job NOT well done!

edit on 29-9-2012 by shuar911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I've seen one broken hyoid bone in 20 yrs of practice. She was 7 and fell on the monkey bars, neck first. She got a quick trip to ER-surgery and then a flight to a big pediatric hospital. She did very well.

The force it takes to break that bone is excessive. Po-Po is taught proper restraining techniques that do not crush, break, batter or bruise individuals that are being detained.

This should NEVER be the out come.

May none here ever die of suffocation. It's terrifying.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
COPS ON Steriods? .... in this case they show no sign of such...but we can't see what went down in order to break Derek's neck. Too many times have I seen cops go off on people...were those cops born like that or are they enhanced through drugs in order to bulk up and feel more powerful and intimidating? roids increase rage which reduce inhabitation towards aggression and violence....hence....COPS ON ROIDS could be endemic amongst them...look at the size of cops from 20 years back...their growth is amazing and scary....seems to me that the casual public has a revilelution
lregarding their prima dona atheletes using PED's...but they also do not ever think cops would ever choose to use PED's....this is a disgrace for cops to use such....I think cops should ALL BE TESTED to eliminate them from law enforcement if they are guilty of using roids]
edit on 1-10-2012 by Its There C It because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join