It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Accounted Paranormal Places In India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is my first thread, and I hope I've placed it in the right category. Some of these stories may seem outlandish at large, which I also agree to. I myself haven't had any paranormal experiences till now, and i wish it remains the same.

These are India's most active paranormal locations:

Bombay - Bombay Supreme Court – for over 30 years whenever a murder trial is conducted here a vengeful bilingual ghost makes itself known by cursing and terrorizing anyone brave (or foolish) enough to enter.

Delhi – Most of the times, people see a lady standing in white dress asking for lift. if you go through, she will run as fast as the car runs & people reported her sitting there.
Gujarat – Surat – Dumas - If you walk towards the ocean at night in Dumas then you will hear noises that will tell you go home don’t go forward and all scary things happen. Dogs will even start chasing you sometimes but they say that the dogs run because they are trying to get away from that place as well. It is believed that all this stuff happens because Hindus burn their bodies after they die over there and the spirit in the body stay in the air.
Shadowlands Haunted Places

Hyderabad – Ramoji Film City - It is a big film city in Hyderabad; (similar to Universal Studios) the hotels in Ramoji film city are haunted. They say that the film city is built on war grounds of the Nizam Sultans. Witnesses report the lights kept on top keep falling off, the men who control the lights on top have been pushed many times and many have had grievous injuries. The food left in rooms also gets scattered around the room and strange marks are left on the mirror, (scripts resembling Urdu similar to the language spoken by the sultans). Girls are the ghosts’ favorite to haunt. They trouble the girls so much, they tear their clothes, knock on the bathroom doors while the outside doors are locked, creating havoc. Many preventive measures have been taken to prevent such haunting but of no use they keep coming back after sometime.

Lonavala – Maharashtra - Raj Kiran hotel – Reports of bed sheets being pulled off and continue to be pulled even after the guest is woken up. This particular room is believed to be in the corner and at the backside of the reception on the ground floor itself.

Mumbai – Mahim - Near Canossa Primary School a chawl named D’souza chawl, has a local well from where people used to fill water and even wash their clothes. The well did not have any boundary walls around it happened so that once when a lady was filling water the whole thing collapsed. The lady too fell in that well and died. After this incident she is said to appear every day near that well and many of the locals have even seen her. She does not harm anyone just strolls around the place and before morning hours she disappears.

New Delhi – Sanjay Van (near Qutab Institutional Area) - Sanjay Van is a huge forest area spread over around 10 kms. There is a cremation ground also there, many people have reported having seen a lady dressed in a white saree appearing and disappearing suddenly.

Pune – Shaniwarwada Fort - When Peshwas ruled the western Indian province, Narayan, the heir of the kingdom was assassinated on his uncle Madhavrao’s wife’s orders. Narayan was chased by his assassins across the entire fort. It was said that while running for his life he called “Uncle save me”, and even today locals say that they hear his cries for help at midnights on new moon day.

Rajasthan – Alwar / Bhangarh-Ajabgarh – Bhangarh ruins - Bhangarh is a place on way from Jaipur to Alwar city in Rajasthan state of India. Today Bhangarh is known for its ruins where nobody dares to stay after sunset. Going to history we find that this town was established by Madho Singh, younger brother of King Akbar’s General Man Singh, in 1631. But the city seems to have been abandoned in a hurry some centuries later. As per local folks, due to some curse the whole town was vacated overnight. According to this curse it was also said that if the town was ever rediscovered, the township would not be found, but only temples would show up. True to the story, only temples dot the landscape and even far up on the mountains only shrines can be seen. People say that nobody returned from there that stayed there after dark. The biggest thing is that as per Govt. of India rules there have to be an office of Archaeology Survey of India (ASI) beside every historical structure in India. But even Government authorities couldn’t dare to open an office there and they opened their office about one kilometer away from the ruins of Bhangarh. Also ASI has put a signboard at Bhangarh saying, “Staying after sunset is strictly prohibited in this area.” People who visit this place out of tourist interest say that there is a strange feeling in the atmosphere of Bhangarh, which causes sort of anxiety and restlessness.

Thane – Vrindavan Society - Its said a Man had committed suicide in one of the Buildings in Vrindavan Society(Bldg. No.66 B).The security guard’s patrolling the area around have come across weird happenings. Once a guard was slapped so hard that he got up from his chair and hit the other guard who was nearby him, thinking he was the one who hit him.

West Bengal – Kurseong – Dow-Hill - The forests have an uncanny feeling. It’s damp, cold and sometimes dark, even in broad daylight. People up here tend to be depressed and countless murders have taken place. On the stretch between Dow-Hill road and the Forest Office, wood cutters returning in the evenings have cited a young boy walking head-less for several yards and then walk away from the road into the woods. Other than this, footsteps are heard in the corridors of the Victoria Boys School when the school is closed for long holidays from December to March.
Haunted blog

I know, I know...typical 'ghost' stories that will yield a heap of negative comments. People here directly jump to the 'ghosts' thing if they can't find an explanation. Some of the above might also be hoaxes created by the people themselves. Again, typical.

Peace,
Saneeto

edit on 27-9-2012 by Kandinsky because: When posting text from other sites, please use the [ex ] tags and provide links to the sources. Thank you.
Source
edit on 9/28/2012 by Saneeto because: Source now included

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Saneeto

Excellent thread! I am deeply fascinated by the history and folklore of India, and spent much of my time in college researching and absorbing it. Surprisingly, I have never heard of any hauntings until today. But with so many miraculous stories coming out of the Indian subcontinent, it does not shock me that they have their fair share of ghost stories as well.

Your first thread is a hit with me. Although, some of your personal commentary would have been a welcome addition to the thread too. Do you have any personal experience with India's haunted spots? Do you come from India? What is your connection with the subject matter of the thread and why does it interest you?

Either way. Thanks for the read. That story of the mysterious temples cropping up especially interested me. The spontaneous manifestation of inaccessible temples seems to be somewhat of a theme in many stories of the cultures living there. Fascinating!
edit on 28-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thank you for taking interest in the topic. Yep, i am from India. I don't know why this subject interests me, but it does. I am an avid seeker of things like these, and found ATS to be the perfect place to tell them to the people. I myself haven't had any personal encounters as yet. But, another thread is on its way here! it's about my friend's paranormal experience. Thank you again.

Peace,
Saneeto

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
India Ghost huntiing! I volunteer!

Im not sure what he Hindu religion stance is on ghosts? Might be worth a look.

I also imagine their magnificent old forts up in Rhajastan would have some echoes from the past

Star and Flagged.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

The Hindus believe in reincarnation (me being not one of them) and looming spirits (which i do
), and indeed, in the ancient forts at Rajasthan, entities show up or even attempt touching guests, scaring the freak out of them! some have even heard whispers while visiting these forts. Tell you what, India is a land of many mysteries. Even we cannot yet find origins to some of our ancient texts and glyphs. Ghost Hunting here, can be quite an adventure!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Have you ever been on a paranormal investigation there? Maybe you could get a little group together and do some ghost hunting.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You should attend a murder trial at the Bombay Supreme Court and see what the vibe is like. Then again, I don't blame you for not.

Thank you, Saneeto. Great first thread, brother.
That lady running as fast as the car is a pretty vivid and creepy image.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Have you ever been on a paranormal investigation there? Maybe you could get a little group together and do some ghost hunting.

No, I haven't done that yet, but, according to people, ghosts here are generally malevolent.

Originally posted by The GUT
You should attend a murder trial at the Bombay Supreme Court and see what the vibe is like. Then again, I don't blame you for not.

Thank you, Saneeto. Great first thread, brother. That lady running as fast as the car is a pretty vivid and creepy image.

Thank you for taking interest. There are countless such stories, some of which I'll have to dig up. Hopefully there will be enough to suffice for a Part 2

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Great first thread on a fascinating topic.And your right ATS is the perfect place as their are many here who share interest in the paranormal,like me!S/F.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Saneeto

nice thread. I would love to visit these places someday.

new topics

top topics

join