It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Tumor Growths...........If You are Easily Offended, then Please Do Not Look at This Thread...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
In 2007 I was diagnosed with a rare medical condition called Acromegaly, which is basically a tumor connected to the Pituitary Gland. In order for my survival I had to have the tumor removed by surgery and undergo large amounts of radiation therapy in order to reduce what was left of the tumor over time that could not be taken away via surgery.....

Obviously when I was diagnosed I did a great deal of searches to find out more about Acromegaly and of course tumor growths. Some of the information I came across had nothing really to do with the condition that I had, but what I found other people had gone through with different other kinds of tumors totally scared the hell out of me and thought I would end up the same before I was given more information....

Even though I feel ill all the time and will never be cured of my medical condition I still find myself very lucky indeed not to be any of the people below with the kind of tumors and other medical problems that they have had within their lives....

There is always somebody worse off then yourself...

Please spare a thought for these very unlucky individuals......

I have also added a link to a thread that I added to ATS a couple of weeks ago below the pictures concerning my own Acromegaly health condition if you would like to have a look at it for more information.....

Jose Mestre suffers from haemangioma, a condition that causes abnormalities in the capillaries and veins in his face. Blood pools in his face, which has caused him to develop a huge weeping facial tumor. He is commonly called “The Man with No Face.” He has refused medical treatment because he is a Jehovah’s Witness.

The man with the largest hand in the world underwent a seven-hour surgery in Shanghai to reduce it and make it functional. Before the surgery, his left thumb was 10.2 inches long and his index finger measured close to 12 inches.

Hypertrichosis is a medical condition characterized by the excessive growth of hair on places on the body where hair usually does not grow. Congenital Hypertrichosis is extremely rare and those who suffer from it are often called human werewolves.

Once thought to be a myth, the incidence of human being growing “horns” is now documented. These cutaneous horns, also called cornu cutaneum are actually skin lesions, which cone-shaped protuberances grow from, creating the appearance of a horn.

Huang Chuncai suffers from a rare genetic disorder of the nervous system called Neurofibromatosis. The disease caused the disabling growths on his face, which began when he was four years old He has had surgery to remove a 25-pound tumor and another to remove a 33-pound tumor.

Chen Zongtao has a tumor on his right leg that weighs 154 pounds. He has suffered with the tumor for years because he is unable to afford surgery to remove it.

Huang Liqian, 58, first discovered a bizarre growth on the back of his neck in 1990. He ignored for 17 years it and it developed into a 33 pound tumor. He finally had surgery to remove it in 2007.

A Russian man who was coughing up blood and complaining of chest pains was found to have this 5 centimeter spruce tree growing inside his lung. Since the tree was too large to have been accidentally inhaled, doctors believe the man must have inhaled a bud which grew inside the lung.

Mostly thought to be a myth, there are stories about people who have tails. While evolution has eliminated that trait for most of us, these rare pictures show that some are still born with small tails, which are an extension of the spine.

This 8-year-old girl from China suffers from a large tumor in her lower lip. She was born with the tumor and her family has been unable to afford the surgery to remove it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-9-2012 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2012 by davethebear because: link removal

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I do not understand how we, as a HUMAN society, allow OUR tax money to fund wars while we neglect the least among us.

I am ashamed.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am totally amazed that some of these people who suffer such huge tumours have managed to survive and live with the condition. It must be so difficult just to do the basic of every day things, not to mention the discomfort/pain that would go with it. I really feel for these people.

No wars = less DU and other nasties that create deformities/cancers
No wars = loads more money to help those in need
We need no wars!

Edit: I do realise that most if not all of these are genetic conditions, however, radiation can change our genetic code for the worse too.
edit on 27-9-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
I do not understand how we, as a HUMAN society, allow OUR tax money to fund wars while we neglect the least among us.

I am ashamed.

Totally agree with you tvtexan, what more can I say................

So shameful indeed..............................

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I am totally amazed that some of these people who suffer such huge tumours have managed to survive and live with the condition. It must be so difficult just to do the basic of every day things, not to mention the discomfort/pain that would go with it. I really feel for these people.

No wars = less DU and other nasties that create deformities/cancers
No wars = loads more money to help those in need
We need no wars!

Edit: I do realise that most if not all of these are genetic conditions, however, radiation can change our genetic code for the worse too.
edit on 27-9-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

Yes CthulhuMythos, I have been told that the radiation that I had could take up to 10 years before it even starts to work and in that time the tumor could even grow back again. Let's just hope that it has a positive outcome rather than the negative..................fingers crossed.......................thanks for your response....cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How very tragic that some people can't afford the treatment they so desperately need.
My heart really goes out to these people. OP, I wish you continued wellness. I have been through radiation myself.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that the man with the tumors on his face who refused treatment because he is a jehovas witness is foolish. What the hell kind of religion would be against the treatment of such a thing????

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
How very tragic that some people can't afford the treatment they so desperately need.
My heart really goes out to these people. OP, I wish you continued wellness. I have been through radiation myself.

Terrible isn't it.................so many people need treatment, but will never get better or have a chance because they haven't got the appropriate funds...............................Thank you for your best wishes and understanding Night Star..........

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Oh I was under the impression that you had managed to get rid of it. I am so sorry to hear that it is still ongoing and has a possibility to come back even during treatment. I sincerely wish a heart felt 'Get Better Soon'

new topics

top topics

join