It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if Evolution Were True, House Pets Would Have Planned A Coupe By Now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There is evidence that we have had a symbiotic relationship with dogs for thousands of years.

I think a good portion(not all of course) of the poor treatment of animals as being "dirty" or "lower" than humans have come from religious views(King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.) and the Muslims view on dogs. There's also the various traditions of anthropomorphizing certain animals to be evil mostly out of fear and ignorance. Spiders, wolves, snakes and pretty much any other animal that can kill us has been vilified somewhere in human history

With that said there are other traditions that do revere certain animals and treat them almost as above humans such as the hindus with cows and the Jains with their reverence for..well, everything. We can also see the fact that in western culture its fine to eat beef, chicken and pork yet we cringe at the thought of eating cat or dog.

“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.” -Christopher Hitchens

edit on 9/28/2012 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I would say we are "de-evolving" domesticated pets. They are getting to depended on humans to provide shelter and food and protection.

Can you imagine a domesticated cow in the wild? How will our dogs do in the wild?

Also, it took a long time to domsticated dogs, in order for them to sudden increase brain activity to plan something(also why would their brain activity increase, there is no reason for it, i'd see it rather devolve).

Imagine this, this would not happen, but it kinda get the message across.

Imagine human will use carts and cars, inside, outside and everywhere in the future, and have been using it for 700,000 years, slowly a mutation will occurs that will produce weak leg, with weaker bones, in fact similar to cartilage instead of bones. Since humans stopped using legs, the cartilage leg would pass thru generation, where as if legs were used, the person with the cartilage mutation would slowly die out and their "cartilage legs" genes would disappear.

Then they will use their floppy Cartilage legs and go back to the oceans and become Mermaid and Merman!!

A Twist!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by britelite1971

In regard to evolution, we've a very clear, concise fossil record that shows definitive lines of adaptation.

Actually, there is no such "fossil record" (that shows definitive lines of adaptation).

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I believe animals are quite intelligent... I have several. Just yesterday got to deal with the intelligence and belligerence of my 3 dogs. They like to stay in the house when I'm away despite the fact they know they're not supposed to. They have no problem opening the sliding glass door and helping themselves in whenever they want to. Worst part is, they give themselves up long before I actually get to the door and find it open because they start apologizing as soon as I get out of the car.

Absolutely I am a corporate consumer, wish I knew how to get off of the treadmill. All I was saying is yes, I can see animals wanting to take their world back but people being used by the machine should be in a bigger hurry to do so.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Shoot, the cats & dogs have already won.

We feed them, clean up after them, care for their health, open doors when they want us to, provide them with a warm, comfy place to sleep, and heap love upon them.

I don't see them going to work every day to put food on the table.

Maybe we should be the one's planning something...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

First, my qualifications in this subject: three cats and two dogs, the latter both street rescues. They have me well trained.

I disagree with you that humans suck. I don't suck, and I know lots of people who don't suck either. As for the human race in general, we don't especially suck – behaviour-wise, we are pretty much the same as other animals, because we are driven by the same imperatives of survival and reproduction as they. Those who believe modern civilization has blunted those imperatives, or suspended human evolution, are greatly mistaken.

Animals are as bad as we are. They go to war and commit genocide, take slaves, and create rigid, hierarchical, authoritarian societies in which the penalties for disobedience range from ostracism to death. They kill and eat each others' children (and sometimes their own), commit rape (gang rape in the case of dolphins), destroy the environments they occupy by over-exploitation, indulge in mass suicide and torture one another. They lie, cheat, steal and two-time with the best of us. And the average animal is far, far lazier than the average human.

Evolution is true. The only argument comes from people who, for various reasons, refuse to see the evidence that is before their eyes. But evolution is about survival and reproduction, not about morality and ethics. When being good helps an organism survive and reproduce, it'll be good. When being naughty is more helpful, it'll be naughty.

Posted for the second time on ATS today (some days are like this):

Evolution among animals has resulted in just about every social arrangement human beings have ever invented, plus a good many more. We ought to be hesitant about drawing political, social or moral conclusions from them, because every example in nature has its counterexample.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Actually that is very true about domestic animals. That's the reason I never declaw my cats, because if they were to get outside they wouldn't be able to defend themselves. I think you are on to something with the whole human leg use thing. I think its possIble most of our interactions with other humans will be virtual one day. Perhaps we might lose the ability to use some of our body parts. Hmmmm.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Shoot, the cats & dogs have already won.

We feed them, clean up after them, care for their health, open doors when they want us to, provide them with a warm, comfy place to sleep, and heap love upon them.

I don't see them going to work every day to put food on the table.

Maybe we should be the one's planning something...

Good point! I think we've been scammed! Perhaps they have evolved. They evolved into being even cuter and more convincing to get what they want! Dang it! Why do they have to be so cute!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You're seeing it.

The "cute card" is always their first gambit. Every time. It usually works.
On the few times it doesn't, thay go straight to "I'm going to keep making annoying noises until you do what I want".

Don't let 'em kid you, folks!
They're in charge.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I haven't read past the OP, so if someone has addressed this already, then I apologize. Cats and dogs are specifically bred to be the way they are by humans. Hence why we don't see natural evolution regarding them.

However, evolution is observable in nature. So, regardless of how you really feel about human evolution, you have to at least accept evolution on a micro scale- via natural selection, mutation, migration, and genetic drift.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Hahahaha exactly!!! Maybe the coup is upon us already

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Haha....I couldn't resist that one

Cats are not "pets" like other animals (I mean no disrespect to any dogs, etc. out there). Rather, we are the pets...or minions lol. I will be the first to admit that they run the show around here, at least. If any creature can adapt to a changing planet, better or worse, it will definitely be a feline. Now let me change my password before one of ours reads this and realizes I just admitted they are the boss.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The cat I mentioned in my earlier post is a definite candidate for leading a revolution. He has us trained: we must turn on the dryer for him every morning or he will try to do it himself...the theory is that it sounds like it's purring at him. He requires the food bowl to be full at all times, the water to be maintained at a certain level in the bowl, and he sleeps on the pillow...never the foot of the bed. He is currently learning how to use the toaster, and although we remain hopeful, refuses to make coffee for us....even though we are sure he knows how. One day I am going to arrive home and find that he has built either a time machine or a weapon...possibly a giant can of whipped cream (touch activated of course), because he also requires that to be stocked in the fridge at all times. And I am only partially kidding...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by arpgme
Why should house pets take us over?

They don't have to pay bills, or even work. They get to live for free and "WE" have to feed them , give them water, give them a comfortable place to sleep . They don't even have to worry about predators trying to eat them like out in the wild. We treat them way better than family members, lol.

There is no reason for them to go against us.

edit on 28-9-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

Technically.... that's one of the excuses that was used to continue slavery... just sayin...

Yeah, except nobody is forcing pets to work, nor are they beating them for not doing their "job" (not legally anyway).

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't think house pets are fully aware of what we are really doing to them. I think if they knew what is in most of the food they get fed they wouldn't be too happy - you all aren't giving your dogs and cats chicken breast, fresh fish and steak for breakfast and dinner everyday, are you? We cut off their balls and take out their ovaries. We make our dogs stay on leashes. People have their cat's claws removed which ruins the kill for fun part of being a house cat. Those are just a few things... compared to wild cats, which are far from being lazy- watch them run after and drag their dinner down and eat that stuff alive and raw.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You must not own a cat...er...sorry the cat is the master...
they have it down to a science, they need no coupe, they have us...resistance is futile...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's pretty simple. The dogs think they're human, the cats KNOW they're gods.
So it has been, so it will always be

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I'm not the best person to do it, but I hope someone has explained to you that isn't how evolution works.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
what can I say....
I have a pet cat in the house...
refuses to go outside even....
she thinks she's the queen...
doesn't really have a well developed vocabulary, but I don't see where she needs one really, she manages to get her message across rather well with just mews and cute looks.
sleeps when she wants, eats when she wants, doesn't really have to chase her pet mice around is she doesn't want to...oh yes, my cat has pets...mice and spiders...and she knows when you've hurt one of her spiders!!!

nah, I don't think she is plotting a coup. although I do think she wonders at the stupidity of us humans...
here she has found a way to have everything she wants, when she wants it, very little work involved, and she sees her human slaves rising out of bed before the sun's up, grumbling and whining, and driving away to an 8 hour job....

she'd probably tear pita to shreds if they tried to come free her from the "horrible conditions" she is in.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join