It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High profile,fake UFO crash.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Dont know what the "legal" stance on this would be but if an organisation was to fake a UFO landing in a reasonbly high public profile place and grab the attention of the worlds media for a couple of days before it was realised to be fake-then we would have a better idea now than we do of how the world would react to it?
For example get a huge model of a stereo typed alien craft and then "fake" crash it over night next to the free way somewhere reasonbly busy,make sure a local news crew hears of the landing immediatley from a "startled" fake eyewitness,get another load of actors to say they saw it coming in to the skys just before it crash landed then sit back and watch the show and see how the military deal with it,CIA,FBI,Local army,police etc.
Obviously youd have to be very careful that no one saw you placing the fake ship in position and make the crash site look dangerous enough that the general public or military cant just rush in and find out its a model, at least a few hours,preferbly a day-just enough time so that the worlds media can splash it every where as a headline-if the goverment sources immediatley say its a fake many people will think its a cover up-even when they find it is a fake many people will think their covering it up also and the organization performing the stunt could monitor the world and find out how planet earth takes it?
Im sure you would goto prison for eternity for a prank like this,especially if people died in the ensuing panic but it would throw the whole UFO thing right back into the public limelight on a rather grand scale-then maybe the whole world would stand up and demand the truth about previous events like Roswell etc?

Yes i know,total crap,far fetched fantasy but if it happened i bet youd be watching the live updates and i bet youd be screaming cover up or would you?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It would be extremely easy to do because:
Lots of people are gullible
The media will be all over it and if it's on TV it's gotta be true (sarcasm)
People want to believe it

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Heh... so a fake UFO like object launched/dropped next to a high populas area.
Make sure the news stations n such are notified then
wait to see how the govt reacts
If they cover it up... something is able to be ran with.

Interesting idea... but who in the right state of mind would do such a thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Im sure you would go to prison for eternity for a prank like this, especially if people died in the ensuing panic but it would throw the whole UFO thing right back into the public limelight on a rather grand scale-then maybe the whole world would stand up and demand the truth about previous events like Roswell etc?

Well, I think that pretty much sums it up. Is getting UFO's back in the limelight worth lives? Is it worth panicing people? No it isn't. I see what you're saying and in theory would be an interesting idea, but in reality I would have to say, nope.

new topics

top topics

join