It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hello there,

This morning I awoke from a strange dream - they are all strange, but this was especially so due to the fact that whilst dreaming I had a small suspicion that I was in fact... dreaming. The content of the dream is ineffectual, but safe to say it was a little uncomfortable, but not mid-numbingly fearful like some I have had.

After becoming awake I found that 90% of my experinces in this dream quickly disappeared after 5 minutes or so, but I could remember the point in the dream when I became suspicious that I was in fact dreaming and actually wanted to awake to reality (so to speak). I can remember that I had in fact no memory of my recent existance in reality (the real world) and that everything around me looked perfectly fine...

Now this got me to thinking about a theory I heard somewhere that every possible outcome is played out in an infinite amount of universes, ie if I crossed the road, if I didn't, if I turned left instead of right, etc, etc.

Thinking on this I thought maybe dreams are an echo of the thoughts and experiences of yourself in one of these infinite alternative universes, maybe one just tags along on a spirtual level and hence does not have any real effect in the other, alternative universe and is basically only a passive observer. This "passive observation" could be why there is a lack of recall for many of the dreams we have, due to the fact that you are not actually in your own head at the time of dreaming (spiritually speaking of course) - and maybe the recall we do have is somesort of cross over that occurs when you return...

Sorry I don't really understand myself what I am talking about here, I am only writing some of my thoughts to see if others may have some kind of view on this subject.

Now on the flip flop...

If dreams are in fact "staged in our own heads" imagine the possibility of actually harnesing them and "programming" the type of dream you would like to have... this kind of entertainment compared to todays cutting edge VR would be like comparing your pentium4 computer the a commodore64, safe to say it would be the coolest freakin thing.

So instead of wasting your night sleeping and putting up with all sorts of random, junk dreams - you could be experienceing dream reality in all sorts of exciting ways, from being James Bond 007 to playing out your wildest sexual fantasies.... All in the comfort of your own head

Anyway I look forward to hearing your thoughts on dreams and their uses....

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wow haveing all your wildest fantasies to live out in your dreams... I think there would be ALOT of sleeping for people if this were possible. They might even get addicted and stay asleep most of the time. The way some people get addicted to other things like the internet or gambling.
I've always wondered if people in comas dream and have some kind of "dream life" going on while they are asleep.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think it's called lucid dreaming, knowing that your in a dream. I hear their rare but Ive had em' quite a few times. If I get one and am able to not wake up I can normally control some of the content. Flying is usually a first, best feeling ever

I wonder if its weird to dream every night and remeber most of your dreams....

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I keep hearing all these "alternate universe" theories on dreaming and i cant see how ppl can suggest that. Sleeping is no more than your brain re-organizing its self from the experiences gathered during the previuos couple of days. Your brain basically goes through all your memory and deletes things that you dont need. And its this reason why some dreams are so fimiliar. Thats why you often see ppl and places you've been to before. Lets face it ppl, dreaming is nothing more that debugging program in our brains. I highly doubt it has something to do with alternate universes or escaping into a different dimension. That doesnt even make sense. Why would the brain do that??...i cant think of any reason...can u?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think a specific dream is a sign to you of what might happen in your future.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
Why would the brain do that??...i cant think of any reason...can u?

But it seems you would like too. So you think that dreams are just the same as your brain doing an auto defrag while you sleep and reqrganizing your memories?

Then where do the items of fantasy come from and the people that we have never seen before?

top topics

join