It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitachi's New Quartz Plate - Store Data for 100+ Million Years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

F&S for the Op, very interesting development for sure!

Not to change the subject but, according to Admiral Byrd's diaries as well as several inner earth theories, wasn't their data stored on what was described as some sort of crystal apparatus? Seems like that's what I remember reading.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
We are rapidly approaching a threshold of consciousness at which the concept of 'rapid' and 'threshold' become meaningless.

All is consciousness, and always has been. A truly advanced race has no need of technology for storage of data (or even of the concept of separation between the observer and the observed). That's training-wheels stuff, like what the Grey aliens are addicted to. We'll surpass that if we have the courage on an individual basis. We (the human race) is going to go extinct, but that just means going home, till the next foray out into the wilds of the formless void.

BTW, this crystal storage reminds me of the movie Zardoz (which is long overdue for a remake), in which an ultra-advanced computer controls a society of people who don't (can't) age and die. Unless they get crosswise of popular opinion, that is...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TetsuoIronMan

O.M.G.

The article, in the reply that I replied to, is a hoax, regarding the chamber underneath the pyramid, written by mitchey179.

Not the OP article.

Learn to read before attempting cross-referencing. You'll learn so much more.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

My mistake. I had read the whole thread, I just assumed your reply was referencing the OP.
I did look at the article on Science Ray about the secret chamber in the great pyramid, and yes I would say that at least the title is misleading but it is not necessarily a hoax article.
The author of the article does not claim this to be a fact, it is stated multiple times that it is purely rumor based.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TetsuoIronMan

ass.u.me.

I'm sure you get it.

Yes, but he provides no links, no sources, and has written several previous hoax articles.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Has anyone ever looked at a crystal skull and tried to see if it has any hidden messages? Im sure the government has. HMM

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
this is great news and terrible news, if this is true, how do we know we havent already destroyed thousands to million s of years destroying crystals all over the planet, what if certain crystals were left behind like superman or something or crystal skulls, and we had all the knowledge we needed right under noses.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

WHAT IF?... Each Earthly Substance IS a tiny HOLOGRAM - of "EVERYTHING" of SOURCE - of GOD

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Yeh, I got it. I will remember to double check next time before I jump the gun. And apologies for bringing this further off topic, but it would be incorrect to label that particular article a hoax, whether or not the author is responsible for previous fabrications, the fact remains that he is merely passing forward speculative information and makes clear that it should not be accepted as truth unless there is an official announcement on the matter.
I must reiterate my point, however, that it is written in a misleading way, and the fact that he provides no source for his rumor lends it no credibility.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
All I can think of is the Flowers of Life at Abydos. Weren't they 'burned' or painted inside the rock somehow?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Quartz is awesome..

Something about this feels like old technology being rediscovered. Just an odd dejavu feeling, but I'm not talking about those crystal skulls, but something...

20 years ago they were working on storing 1000s of terabytes on information in tiny crystal cubes.
20 years later they are able to store a little bit of information in a transparent casing that keeps it from being smudged or blurred.

Sounds more to me like someone forgot some very recent technology.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Sly1one

I had the same thought a couple of hours ago but was reticent about posting further to this thread after observing the various backwater posts from the more surly ATS membership.

not to mention that ancient mesoamericans didn't have lasers, x-rays and whatever modern WESTERN tech we have nowadays.

data access would be via psionically "scanning it" with either Chi, Prana, Astral Light, Orgone or the "Dark Energy" referenced in Castaneda's books, where the story is told of Carlos getting pretty messed up by a piece of jade or crystal he found that turned out to contain the knowledge of a sorcerer of antiquity who fell afoul of cannibalistic enemies; he dumped his data in it so his consumers couldn't have it .

ho-hum but it's pointless debating the matter with folks who think technology has to be physical

Jedi [and Sith] Holocronscome to mind as well

A holocron, short for holographic chronicle[1], was an organic crystal-lattice device, in which the Jedi of old stored phenomenal quantities of data, as well as the holocron's gatekeeper. The Sith also had their own form of holocron technology, and they seem to predate the Jedi in using the technology by at least three thousand years.

Most holocrons were shaped like polyhedra; Jedi holocrons were typically cubical, while Sith holocrons usually took the form of a pyramid, but other geometric shapes also existed. The Telos Holocron represents an atypical shape. Normally a holocron could be held in one's hand.

The existence of the first Sith holocron predates that of a Jedi holocron by at least three thousand years. The technology to create the pyramidal holocrons common to the Sith was something gifted to the ancient Sith king Adas by Rakata warriors trying to gain his trust. He accepted their technology and made a holocron, but he saw through their ploy and rebelled against them.

The holocron employed patterns of organic crystals and hologrammic technology[2] to capture the appearance and cognitive networks of the holocron's owner, and transform this into a three-dimensional hologram. This gatekeeper acted as a guide through the holocron's store of information, as a search and recovery engine with a more personal touch. These gatekeepers could relate stories from the holocron's archives to events in the life of the one who activated the holocron. Jedi gatekeepers could sense the ability and level of a Jedi, and offer or restrict information accordingly—so that Padawans were not shown information too advanced and dangerous for their basic stage. Sith holocrons usually had the same restrictive mechanism like Jedi holocrons, but the gatekeeper could corrupt the unaware listener.
starwars.wikia.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neotech1neothink

well i dont know about the whole god aspect but maybe our past cousins ^^

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Technology is truly amazing! I wonder if this will ever become a common way to store information? I guess we will find out in the next 5-10 years.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Now if they can figure how to retrieve the knowledge stored in the crystalline rocks around the world, we could learn what has happened in the past. I think they already knows what I say exists but they are saying they created this technology so they get credit. Information can't be readily stored in our bones because of the way the calcium is held, but it can be stored in microscopic crystals within the body and brain. It can be stored in our junk DNA though.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

I have two words:

CRYSTAL SKULLS

That is all.

i also have words...cracks and breaks in quartz, makes this usless...maybe carving messages deeply into hardened stone is the ultimate "storage device"...hhmm...now where have i seen that?

How many of the crystal skulls have reported this type of damage? (none, as far as I recall (?!)) Just Sayin'.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Is it so hard to believe that information can be stored in crystalls. Look around you. Look at your computer with all it's silicone chips. They have recently found that a single small diamond can replace all but one computer on those supersonic trains. Does it have to be a diamond or silicon......NO. Think of the Mecca stone, the Agdos rock, the Omphalos, the Bethel stone. What information could these stones hold. Crystals can record the truth or they can record any perception that the creator of the knowledge desired. Why does the staph with the crystal on it have to be present at all parliamentary meetings in England. Why is there a staph in congress here in the USA. What are the most valuable stones of the English Royal Gems made of.......I'll give you a hint, they are semiprecious crystals. Then there are the crystal skulls on top of that, supposedly holding the knowledge of the ancestors.

I know science doesn't prove these stones have knowledge stored in them but where did the idea that started Silicon Valley come from? The idea wasn't original to us, it was deciphered by someone by holding a stone. This is old technology, the computer is a primitive device. Study the history of ancient stones and try to comprehend the possibilities.
The Indians also say metals can store knowledge, sure they can if they are in crystaline form. Metal is a conduit though and can conduct signals.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Imagine how breath taking it would be to recover a digital storage device drifting in space that has images and sounds and files that were created 4 billion years ago.

Always wondered would that would be like.

And then to find out that their technology and habits and lives were virtually the same.

Vanity? Probably some, but it's not hard to have some of that.

But I tend to think it's the desire to not feel alone, stranded, lost, trapped.

To know that what we're at heart has been and will be and is maybe forever... wouldn't that make dying easier? To know that what we're, the core of what we're, is maybe forever? If we die then what's lost? The unique combination of things, sure. But the essence of them doesn't die.

The more people that die around me the more I think death is easier. I mean, if people I loved can go through life and die and handle it then I can too. I respect them enough to face up to it.

And what if all that we're never was and never will be again? Death is forever? While that may easily be the case, it's dark and macabre. Makes me feel like I'm bound inside a prison. But I refuse a get out of jail free card. Faith isn't an option for me. I have to KNOW or it's not a go for launch.

Storing our memories is a way for the future to connect to the past and to know themselves better. So I see this memory technology as progress. It makes us more 4th dimensional.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

There's a possibility that nature found a way to record the past in some weird way. I'm thinking of magnetic fields and quantum mechanics and other things. But it's somewhat feasible to me...

Why not? Why would nature not seek to record the things that happen? I don't mean fossils that we find in ancient riverbeds. Although that's one way. I mean things like the light and/or radio waves that leave earth and spread out into space. Those are a recording of the events on earth, are they not? Maybe there're other ways to. What you bring up reminds me that there might be stragne ways that the past is recorded. We're still learning more about particles and even about nature.

If the universe is alive then it must have a brain right? It remembers the past, no? And even if it's not alive, there's residual energies that have their sources in the past that we can track.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I think some people can read the rocks. I don't think they even realize it, being told by science that it is not so. I don't mean to fuel a bunch of crazies with this but think it is possible that there are people who can understand this language of the stones. I don't think getting stoned is a good way to talk to the stones either even though it would be easier to talk to stones

edit on 12-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join