It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now angry individuals are kicking off in Greece over the 2 bit Mohammed movie...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Just a little post to show this video of angry people in Greece kicking off at the US embassy and getting tear gassed.

I don't really have a great deal to add, more of the same old, same old tbh. I wonder how many more countries this is going to happen in? The crappy movie maker really stirred up a storm. :shk:
edit on 24-9-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I hate the label 'Muslims' that these reports and posts go with, as if it speaks for all Muslims.

Replace it with Christians then you'll no doubt see a different side; a small minority of people using their own religion as an excuse to be violent and throw anger at another Country.

With the amount of reporting like this, all it does is create a bad image for an entire religion and it's followers. Muslims=the bad guys. Talk about a good propaganda campaign.

I see from the video, that they are indeed true devout followers of Islam by them refusing to shave their beards. I guess if they did, that would be an insult to Mohammed though wouldn't it?

btw, I don't like Islam for many of it's teachings but it seems the word Muslim is being used in a way 'the Jews' used to be used. A shame.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

But they are Muslims... Otherwise they wouldn't be kicking off. I am in no way labelling the whole religion. Maybe I should have said 'people'. I understand your point.

ETA: If it had of been Christians kicking off, I would have titled it with the word 'Christians'.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
All these provocations and counter demonstrations are just the M.E. time bomb ticking away. They are all products of the propaganda machine, someone makes an anti-Islamic movie.....tick
There are violent demonstrations against it..... tock.
These incidents will continue to happen all over the world until the propaganda machine has finished it's job.
That's when the bomb stops ticking...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
I hate the label 'Muslims' that these reports and posts go with, as if it speaks for all Muslims.

Replace it with Christians then you'll no doubt see a different side; a small minority of people using their own religion as an excuse to be violent and throw anger at another Country.

With the amount of reporting like this, all it does is create a bad image for an entire religion and it's followers. Muslims=the bad guys. Talk about a good propaganda campaign.

I see from the video, that they are indeed true devout followers of Islam by them refusing to shave their beards. I guess if they did, that would be an insult to Mohammed though wouldn't it?

btw, I don't like Islam for many of it's teachings but it seems the word Muslim is being used in a way 'the Jews' used to be used. A shame.

I edited the title for you.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Before 9-11 most people wouldn't have had a clue what a Muslim was.

Now, that word in the West is seen as 'the enemy'.

Yes, they are Muslims, if you use another word like 'demonstrators' that is a fairer word to use. I'm not saying you shouldn't use the word Muslim, just how it is used.

Propaganda is a clever old thing, the use of words can promote a wider agenda .

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Hey matey, I'm sorry, my response wasn't really directed at you as such, it's just an observation and comment on the bigger picture.

edit: Lol, Wide eyes, "Now Angry Individuals" I hope that wasn't sarcasm.

I hope you get what I mean.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

You should edit it again to reflect the fact that they aren't really angry, just disenfranchised and emotionally bruised by the insult to their prophet (peanut butter upon him.)

It's this PC culture that's going to be the death of us. Some ideologies are just incompatible with peaceful living.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

It's this PC culture that's going to be the death of us. Some ideologies are just incompatible with peaceful living.
reply to post by TTAA2012

Deny Ignorance, seriously!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here we have it,title changed to pander to those sensitive little Muslims.If they weren't Muslims they would not have been there or offended.
I guess free speech died with the making of this film.
Stating fact isn't derogatory,its simple fact.If sensitive souls don't like it tough,perhaps they should be more sensitive to others rather than rioting and smashing up countries that have given them a home away from their middle eastern hellholes.
Why just tear gas them,cart them off to jail so they can't do it again tomorrow.If we keep letting them away with this behavior and being worried about calling them Muslim,they will continue to riot,burn and kill.
Digusting.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

title changed to pander to those sensitive little Muslims.
reply to post by glen200376

I'm not a Muslim.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

At last someone who tells the truth,a dying breed.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

But you use news speak when it comes to them.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You're perfectly allowed to hate it and he's perfectly allowed to say it since, it would seem, it is muslims that are doing all the protesting.

He's not saying all muslims are protestors, but it would appear all the protestors are muslims.
edit on 24-9-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

At last someone who tells the truth,a dying breed.

What truth? That some ideologies are just incompatible with peaceful living (obviously referring to Islam)
How daft is that? I suppose Christianity is too?
Or do the actions of a few make everyone else who follows that religion in a peaceful way guilty?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As if Greece didnt have enough problems!

Perhaps its time they deported them back to their promised lands.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

They didn't make it to the US embassy.The police had closed off all the main roads from Omonoia square,where they first gathered.The Muslims when they saw the cops and the blockade got furious and started attacking them.According to reports they were street fighting with the police until late at night.

More pics and videos here

30 people were arrested,but fortunatelly noone died or seriously injured.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

More pics and videos here

Yeah bloody domos running all the countries.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Christianity doesn't call for conversion or death.
My reply was more about this PC culture being the death of us.
Did I mention that Muslims aren't lovers of liberal views,better hope that they don't come to a town near you or you might be on their radar.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Yes I do get what you mean, it's sad that the media and TPTB have created this storm in a teacup. I wasn't really being sarcastic(well maybe a little
) but yes, I completely understand your point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join