It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to do it on our own.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You hear about how our government has made a pact with the aliens for technology but here is the issue:

I have a recomendation. I say we dissolve this pact IMMEDIATELY. WHY? Becuase first of all were inferior so consider us to be children. You dont give candy to a baby whenever it wants. You also dont give test answers to your students!!!!! Thats what's happening here. We need to be the ones to discover new technology, instead of recieve. Compare this situation to a teacher giving away PHYSICS ANSWERS on a test. If we really want to evolve and move up the ladder, we need to make our own technology instead of having aliens give us their quite possibly outdated technology to use.

From what I hear, we cant even make it as efficiently as they can and we dont understand how their stuff works. So this is EXACTLY like getting a bunch of test answers to a physics test from your teacher. The end result is that you will NEVER learn anything. If we really want to become smart like them, then we need to WAIT! and let the natural process of knowledge make its way into our brains. YES WE SHOULD WAIT. Populations dont evolve and become smarter in 2 days. So I think we went in the wrong direction in getting probably outdated technology from them.

One reason the nordics dont interfere with us is because they want us to evolve all by ourselves without the help of outsiders. You realize certain points in history, there is or are many genius's that arise. Then at certain times there are not. But its these geniuses are the ones that help us advance our selves. We dont need aliens to give us technology or help. We went in the wrong direction regarding that.

I think if we constantly "told" the right answers and given new theorys from them then we will grow ever dependant on them. Then we wont ever have smart people like einstein come up in our race ever again.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by kyateLaBoca]

[edit on 16-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I always do it on my own. But I live in Alaska.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Good idea, YOU should go tell them that. I'll be in the bombshelter.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
your idea , although noble, is impossible by the very nature of your assetions.

Do you really think we have a choice when it comes to making a pact with aliens?

Maybe there are good aliens that want to protect us and bad aliens that only want us for a resource.

either way, we are only along for the ride, because how could we ever hope to stop such advanced creatures?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
even if this technology is outdated, it is better than nothing. if anything, shouldn't we use what we have? if only it would make a difference... i like your thinking kyateLaBoca, but it just aint gonna happen... and when it does, it'll probably be too late, for most people anyways. again, nice idea, but what have you done about it? i suppose this thread is a start, but then again, who's gonna do anything about it? ahhh the hopelessness.

deaf fences hit

ps:

if not you then who?
if not now then when?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by __rich__
your idea , although noble, is impossible by the very nature of your assetions.
Do you really think we have a choice when it comes to making a pact with aliens?
Maybe there are good aliens that want to protect us and bad aliens that only want us for a resource.
either way, we are only along for the ride, because how could we ever hope to stop such advanced creatures?

Well from what I've read somewhere we initially had a choice of making a pact with certain types of gray looking aliens. One set offered technology, and the other set did not but warned the govt. about the other sets ambitions. We choose the set that did offer technology.

And I dont think its impossible. If we can garner the protection of the good alien races such as the nordics, the grays would back off. But maybe one reason why the nordics dont get involved is becuase we have that possible pact with the grays. So if the nordics got involved now it would be like separating 2 "ALLIANCES."

The overall point I'm trying to make is that we get this technology, and from what I've read we dont even know how it works as long as it works. Now what type of phsicist is that? All the physicists I know in "REALITY" know exactly how experiments and theorys work. One reason why I think we dont understand this stuff as well is becuase they probably have a hard time establishing a basic theory for alien physics. For example, you cant do calculas unless you know your trig.

On top of that, what if were recieving outdated tech. If we continue to over abuse the possible out dated technology we recieve from the grays we wont learn anything. And think of it like this. In the long run, when you dont think for yourself and have others think for you then your at the control of the other anyway. So your basically limited by knowledge, and by progress of your civilization becuase you depend on aliens to help you out.

Thomas Edison didnt discover the light bulb with the help of aliens did he? Same with Einstein. He didnt discover E=MC^2 with alien help did he? I hope not.

I wasnt refering to breaking the pact as in declaring war. I was refering to just saying we want to call this deal off, no more technology, no more abductions. And like I said from above, if we stepped out of this pact, maybe the nordics would jump in and tell the grays to back off. Becuase it is the nordics desire to oversee our race without intrusions from outsiders.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaf fences hit
even if this technology is outdated, it is better than nothing. if anything, shouldn't we use what we have? if only it would make a difference... i like your thinking kyateLaBoca, but it just aint gonna happen... and when it does, it'll probably be too late, for most people anyways. again, nice idea, but what have you done about it? i suppose this thread is a start, but then again, who's gonna do anything about it? ahhh the hopelessness.

deaf fences hit
ps:
if not you then who?
if not now then when?

Well yea we should use what we have, but only becuase we have it. It's kinda like getting a million bucks...you might as well spend it. But when we do use what we have, we'd better learn something from it to help progress us. As for me doing something about it, I never claimed I would do anything about it. First we have to establish disclosure and find out where the alliances stand. Then I'm sure congress and the citizens would want to conduct policy in that regard.

In regards to other people doing something about it, I think the government realizes what deal they've made but really dont know how to approach this angle. From what I've read the deal was technology in exchange for abductions of only 200-300 people, but instead they were taking 3000's of people.

But of coarse this is all in theory.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
Thomas Edison didnt discover the light bulb with the help of aliens did he? Same with Einstein. He didnt discover E=MC^2 with alien help did he? I hope not.

who's to say that they were human??

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaf fences hit

who's to say that they were human??

Well that would suck if they werent human. That would show we as humans cant do anything right
Maybe even Tesla was an alien too.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   

i kind of agree with your theory,but by being given technological advances for free or in exchange for whatever? you cant fail to learn something.
Weve given poor impovrished 3rd world countrys acces to things like solar/wind and water power in attempts to help them and make them more self sufficient,they would never have developed the information needed to give themselves slightly better standards of life on their own,well not in the near future anyway.
even if the knowledge were being given is out of date by their standards,its still advanced by ours,so whats wrong with that? at least we can back engineer something that does work as apposed to spending billions of dollars and years of development working on something that maybe wont work at all!

we wont ever have smart people like einstein come up in our race ever again.

this cant be true,there are people born that just have better grasp of somethings more than others-people like Einstein and Steven Hawkins are geniuses because i think their thought processes and grasping of physics and so on are just initally superior to others from the word go,they can grasp the basics of subjects far quicker than most,and there fore progress faster-just the same as some people make great chefs,mechanics,doctors etc,its just the thing you find that your good at.

Regards.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I wasnt refering to breaking the pact as in declaring war. I was refering to just saying we want to call this deal off, no more technology, no more abductions. And like I said from above, if we stepped out of this pact, maybe the nordics would jump in and tell the grays to back off. Becuase it is the nordics desire to oversee our race without intrusions from outsiders.

"Omne ignotum pro magnifico est." - Tacitus

Translation is, "we have great notions of everything unknown". I wouldnt advise assuming these "nordics" would protect us from any "outsiders"... In fact, if either of this is even remotly fact, they havent done so.

To cut my argument short: The weak only lives because the strong allows it.

If greys exist, if reptilians exist or any "evil" alien race exist, we exist because they havent seen it necessary to wipe us out. No other race can protect us, they wouldnt have the time. Even we in our "primitive" era can easily level the entire planet in an hour making most of it uninhabitable, I cant imagine aliens being worse at warfare.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I always find this idea of "Bad aliens" only being interested in our resources laughable. After all, doesn't most of the developed western world keep the underdeveloped parts that way so they can fleece them of their natural resources? Are the "bad aliens" already here and we are they?

I'm sure if there was a planet close to us with primitive people and loads of resources we could use, Halliburton would be there already moving them out and raping their lands

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Making us advence technologically (spelling?) is like taking the final exam with all the information covered durring the year at school on the first day of class. its impossible to pass. if tech advancement is like a test, somebody needs to give us the notes from which to study from. so, without the teacher, no notes, no notes, no studying, no studying, no passing grade, no passing grade, no good report card, no good report card. you get to hang around another yeah

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I always seem to find this UFO-USA relationship hard to believe i mean, how would they get technology from these intelligent life forms?

Does the UFO's fly down to the USA land somewhere (designated parking space
) and give whoever greets them give them physical tech or just give them the plans for how to do it themselves.

I just have a hard time believing this sort of theories.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I kind of agree with markjaxson. I don't think it's a good idea to give a weaker or less advanced lifeform tech. That's cutting your own throat, ultimately. If we have got any EBE tech, its 'cuz we either shot one down or one of their craft crashed here. Either way a rare event in my mind. I still have a hard time with the idea that htere are good aliens and bad aliens in droves competeing for our attention like we all live in Star trek or Babylon 5. That would be cool to me, but realistically I can't see it being true.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Why would those aliens want these primitive humans to recieve any technology? The first thing would be, that we would start a war on aliens, on those who supported us with technology. This is what would happen, humans would harm the aliens.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
How many of our stinger missiles have been used against us? Fighter planes we've sold off, etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Smart idea, but don't you think that aliens that advanced would give us technology that was easy enough for humans to understand?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paladin327
Making us advence technologically (spelling?) is like taking the final exam with all the information covered durring the year at school on the first day of class. its impossible to pass. if tech advancement is like a test, somebody needs to give us the notes from which to study from. so, without the teacher, no notes, no notes, no studying, no studying, no passing grade, no passing grade, no good report card, no good report card. you get to hang around another yeah

Exactly, Especially when you dont know exactly how it works in conjucntion with the theory behind it.

Translation is, "we have great notions of everything unknown". I wouldnt advise assuming these "nordics" would protect us from any "outsiders"... In fact, if either of this is even remotly fact, they havent done so.

Right this is all in theory, but the argument can go both ways. We cant discredit the fact that the nordics probably do want to get involved and help. Heres an example, the U.S.(nordics) wouldnt get involved in affairs with China and Russia and force them to dissolve their close pact for any reason they see fit.

If greys exist, if reptilians exist or any "evil" alien race exist, we exist because they havent seen it necessary to wipe us out. No other race can protect us, they wouldnt have the time.

Well this can also go both ways. Assuming this exists, we dont know for fact that other races dont have time for us, especially when you have people like Clifford Stone(disclosure project) and others claim there are 57 species monitoring us. Think of it like this...doesnt the U.S. step into other countries when times get rough for them, even though it doesnt directly involve us(Vietnam, Somalia). So if the greys did attempt to wipe us out, we cant guarantee that the nordics will not help us at all.

even if the knowledge were being given is out of date by their standards,its still advanced by ours,so whats wrong with that? at least we can back engineer something that does work as apposed to spending billions of dollars and years of development working on something that maybe wont work at all!

Well I kinda agree. However, from the articles I've read, were at a point where back engineering isnt really efficient compared to the original model. Again this all theory, but if we cant back engineer correctly or establish the right theory along with how systems work then were pretty much screwed. Then it will lead us to constantly ask the teacher for the answer, which will put us in a vulnerable zone. We need to take what we can out of their tecnhnology and establish a sound theory behind it. And eventually, we need to rid ourselves of this dependance we have on them for technology. We should only have a dependance for knowledge and the laws of the universe if anything. I'm sure we can go from there once we know these laws.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by someguyy
Smart idea, but don't you think that aliens that advanced would give us technology that was easy enough for humans to understand?

Good point but this is the grays were talking about. They would do anything to confuse us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join