It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Air Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I live near Scott Air Base and I have noticed when I am outside doing alittle star gazing ( astronomy is my hobby ) that between 10:00 P.M.
and 5:00 A.M. there are around 5-7 flyovers of helicopters that I can not even see ( Yes I am assuming that they are black) at any rate any one else neat this area notice this or have similiar traffic in your area. Keep in mind that I can definately hear them close by and my eyes are fully adjusted to the darkness but I can not see them. Oh well if you have any info let me know.

!!!! Update!!!!

Last night I finally got a glimpse of the helicopters they were indeed black and there were 4 of them flying in formation toward the St. Louis area and about 2 hours later they were flying back towards Scott Air Base I did not get a good look at all of them but the one that I did get a good look at was definately a Blackhawk UH-60L they were flying at less than a thousand feet because even though they were clear of it when they passed local radio tower (there are several in this area) they climbed for a couple of seconds and then came back down. one final note the lights were all off except one on the undercarriage and it only flashed once every 10 seconds.

geo

[edit on 10/23/2004 by geocom]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It's probably just training/exercise.
I know that in Florida and all along the gulf coast they have fully armed and blacked-out Blackhawk gunships patrolling at night doing drug interdiction duty. I doubt they are doing that in Illinois but they could be training...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I did my research, and i came up with a conclusion that it may just be some chinooks or blackhawks flying overhead

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
I live near Scott Air Base and I have noticed when I am outside doing alittle star gazing ( astronomy is my hobby ) that between 10:00 P.M.
and 5:00 A.M. there are around 5-7 flyovers of helicopters that I can not even see ( Yes I am assuming that they are black) at any rate any one else neat this area notice this or have similiar traffic in your area. Keep in mind that I can definately hear them close by and my eyes are fully adjusted to the darkness but I can not see them. Oh well if you have any info let me know.

geo

i live in victoria,australia and i have seen that, but with me they hover above my area, i live no where near any af bases.
do you guys kno wat it is?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
During the fall months of the year there is a dramatic increase of law enforcement and military aircraft due to the harvest cycle in cultivating marijuana. Also take into consideration there are 'flight paths' they use and if you are unfortunate enough to live under a regular flight path, you will see a dramatic increase this time of year especially.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It sounds as if the unit/squadron concerned is doing a 'beat up' prior to an operatinal deployment.

As for not being able to see these ships..........well thats why they are painted the way they are. I regularly have helicopters over flying my location at night, sometimes at only a couple of 100 feet. I alaway struggle to see them!

As for the type you are hearing, if Chinooks are flying then there is no other helicopter that produces the noise or the vibration that these ships make

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I also live very near to Scott AFB, east Belleville Illinois.

The helicopters you hear are civilian.

Arch Air ambulance out of St. Louis.

To make a long story short!

Over the past year the hospital in the Belleville Illinois area lost all trauma Doctors due to insurance rates being sky high.

So what you are hearing are air-med flights to Scott, Memorial and St. Elizabeths Hospitals in Belleville picking up trauma patients and flying them to St. Louis Missouri or Springfield Illinois for Trauma care.

These aircraft fly low and will hover before landing to pickup patients, and one thing I have noticed is that these helicopters fly just above the tree line.

I think this is what you are hearing.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I was out in the yard a couple of months ago and an f-18 went screaming over head, was pretty wild. We almost never see any military aircraft here, he was really low, I'd be willing to bet less than a thousand feet. If I'm not mistaken isn't illegal to fly a jet that low over civilian areas? I don't know much about it but I had heard it was...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
last summer we were motorcycling in the Missouri Ozarks and we stopped in a small town called Bixby.

We stopped and were having lunch, sitting on picnic tables outside the gas station and all of a sudden several aircraft flew above us and started to dogfight right above the town of Bixby.

It was really cool, the jets were dropping flares, chasing each other and then they took off at high speed.

We assumed they were Missouri Air Gaurd out of St. Louis training.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I live in Saint Louis, not far from SAFB and often see some rather mean lookin black helicopters crossing over 1-55 South near Arnold on my way to class in the mornings. I am told it has something to do with a garbage dump guarded by MPs somewhere or another in that area. Haven't seen it though, just heard the rumor.

Anyways, those flyovers have to be coming from your airbase, don't know any other bases of any type in the area. I'm sure if you go take a gander at SAFB you will see atleast 5 or 6 black attack lookin helicopters..otherwise I don't know where they're going or what they're doing.

Edit:
While you're at it, go take a peak inside of that HUGE hanger of yours and see what that giant UFO all those cops saw a few years back looks like..any trouble you might get in would totally be worth it, I'm sure. What're they gonna do? Arrest you and say "This guy was trespassing." Yeah, it'll be good. They fine you a few hundred, and you make a few million off the book you write about the experience.

[edit on 10/21/2004 by SkyFox2]

top topics

join