It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Indie Game, Free to play.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Everyone should go download Airmech and try it.

It's ridiculously awesome for an indie game that you can run in your browser (if you use chrome), and it is completely free (you can pay for stuff if you want, but don't have to).

www.carbongames.com...

You can also get it on steam if you want (but I've heard it costs money that way, although purchasing it comes with the beta bundle which gets you a bunch of "credits" to purchase units and such).

Also, the soundtrack has been done by Front Line Assembly. If that doesn't automatically make this game awesome I don't know what will.

You can run the game in Chrome if you wish (for free), grab an install and run it locally, or snag it on steam. Fun no matter how you decide to play it, and worth a try.

edit on 22-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Well, you can't go wrong with free. Thanks, I'll check it out. Skyrim is getting old.
2nd

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Well, you can't go wrong with free. Thanks, I'll check it out. Skyrim is getting old.
2nd
Yes! You can go wrong with free..
When you get half way in to the game, you realize that you have to spend a fortune to get anywhere.

99% of free to play games are pay to get anywhere

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

2nd
Yes! You can go wrong with free..
When you get half way in to the game, you realize that you have to spend a fortune to get anywhere.

99% of free to play games are pay to get anywhere

Not really. You can buy anything in the game (except for stuff that is just for aesthetic appeal) with "kudos" which you get just by playing it.

I dropped 10 bucks on the beta bundle just so I could jump right into PVP and I was able to buy every unit I wanted, multiple mechs, pilots, etc with change to spare.

For an indie game, it really is fantastic. Try it before you knock it

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

2nd

I stopped playing Skyrim in January

I never really liked it that much...

Perhaps it was due to the constant lagging on the PS3...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Dagnabbit OP. I'm a sucker for these kinds of time wasters.. lol

I'm trapped now!!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Something is going on with this game or I am just a dumbass. It won't let me create a username. I have tried every name I can think of.......none seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Something is going on with this game or I am just a dumbass. It won't let me create a username. I have tried every name I can think of.......none seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

Multiple ways to go about that. You can create an account on the developers website, and then sign in that way (I did that first). You'll get a confirmation e-mail which once you activate, should allow you to sign in with whatever name you picked when you registered.

Once you do that, you can link that account to your google account (if you have one), and sign in that way too if you want. Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
tell us more about the game!
no video on this browser

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You know this kinda looks liked a very updated version of a game called Infantry.

Pretty fun stuff, might have to check it out when I get bored of Torchlight 2

new topics

top topics

join