It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S troops shoot dead 13 Iraqi protestors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
After the arms dump blast of last week, this ain't going to help their public relations much...

At least 13 were killed, could be as high as 17 with 50 injured (according to Aj jazerra...) they were protesting U.S presence outside a school.

The Iraqis claim the protestors were unarmed, the U.S troops claim otherwise...

LINK

[Edited on 29-4-2003 by kegs]

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Didn't see John B had already posted about this. my apoligies.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Oh that story is so biased its almost laughable!

I don't think that the american's would do that..especially outside a school!

They always said that the first casualty of war is the truth.....this proves it!

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
biased??
So then is that biased as well?

free.freespeech.org...

or that was saddam before the US army "liberated them"....
Come on get real, no one here is in the good side...

Who pays??? always the protesteor, ppl suffering, old ppl or childs, never the ones who are taking the big decisions....

dom

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
gryfeen, why would murdoch's Sky News organisation show anti-US bias? Up to now they've been one of the most right-wing UK supporters of the war...

And here's the BBC report...
news.bbc.co.uk...

"According to local residents, several children were among the dead.

A Reuters correspondent in the town said mourners chanted "Our soul and our blood we will sacrifice to you martyrs" as burials got under way. "

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Cold....

Sorry if what i wrote offended you but i'm just saying that because there was enmass injuries caused by soldiers firing at protesters, the Al-Jazeera network distorted the truth to their will.

No offence intended guys...but i'm just having my say!

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Cold....

Sorry if what i wrote offended you but i'm just saying that because there was enmass injuries caused by soldiers firing at protesters, the Al-Jazeera network distorted the truth to their will.

No offence intended guys...but i'm just having my say!

Peace

No offence at all, don�t worry, i was just amazed about your reply, anyway you might check our the new source, maybe u have something to say...
And one thing more, Yes al-jazeera distorsions truth, the same as BBC, CNN, FoX, all media is biased, both sides always, and all of them are biased from the same persons...
Sad isn�t it?

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
"the Al-Jazeera network distorted the truth to their will"

That's a bit of an automatic assumption. I know their previous history, but you may see other news agencies numbers rise to meet Al Jazeera's before the day is out. It's happened before.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
humph.

Death toll:

CNN - 12

SKY - 13

US ARMY - 7

BBC - Saying nowt.

AL JAZERRA - 17

FOX - (going straight for the they fired first line) -15

Anybody feel like a game of Bingo?

dom

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that when you look at different media organisations most of the bias occurs from missing out information rather than lying about it.

Although there is a fair amount of misrepresentation that can occur from either side.

Still, the fact that this shooting occured, and civilians died, looks pretty convincing from the variety of media sources. And regardless of whether or not the US soldiers were fired upon, shooting unarmed children is not going to increase US popularity in the region.

Seems to me that Al-Jazeera report the truth with an anti-US bias. I haven't seen any blatantly untrue articles on Al-Jazeera yet. But similarly, I haven't seen any untrue articles on FOX or the BBC. Although all 3 are guilty of some level of misrepresentation at one time or another...

[edit] Kegs - BBC say at least 13 [/edit]

[Edited on 29-4-2003 by dom]

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Cheers Dom. Well at the moment it looks like the least beliveable death toll is coming from the the U.S Army...

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If you shoot at soldiers in wartime....they have a strange tendency to shoot back....go figure?

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yes, randomly and indescriminately into a large crowd. Great isn't it?

The numbers seem to be leveling of at 13 dead and 75 injured.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The Iraqis opening fire first smells distinctly of propaganda to me. I think the soldiers just panicked at the size of the crowd and their obvious vehemence towards them.

The Guardian is reporting the Troops opened fire after someone threw a stone at them...

LINK

[Edited on 29-4-2003 by kegs]

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Second time this happens in a months period.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why are we trusting Saddam loving Iraqis over our own?

Apparently someone has some judgement problems.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If this is an american soldier then I am superman.. Btw I am superman...

All the american soldiers use L85A1 Enfield rifles and Brittish camo :p..

Btw.. Things like that happens in war.. There are no such thing as a peaceful war... And i kind of think that the people in Iraq are having a better life now thanks to the american sadists....

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
DC
"Apparently someone has some judgement problems"

Apparently so.

Helix, that looks like a British soldier to me too.
What's your point?

"Things like that happen in war"

Hmm... I thought all the patriots where claiming war was over...? It's the peace they're fighting for now, and that's a much harder fight.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
A new civilian shooting occured today, when 1000 Iraqis protested against american occupation of Iraq before the american headquarters. 2 dead 20 injured

WTF??!!

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
something besides M16's for crowd control....hmm?

We knew this would be a problem going in...where the hell are the non-lethal crowd control tools???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join