It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope John Paul II & Aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
No because there's no such thing as aliens.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There are no such things as aliens, or aliens coming here? It's an AWFUL big galaxy and universe for there to be no other intelligent life out there.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chieftian Chaos

I'm a Christian and I'd like to believe in a God. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in God...but I don't believe in the Bible.

This sentence is not possible. You cannot be a christian and not believe in the Bible.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'm a Christian and I'd like to believe in a God. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in God...but I don't believe in the Bible.

This sentence is not possible. You cannot be a christian and not believe in the Bible.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I believe in a Supreme Being, but i don't believe in people. Seeing how the bible was written by people, I don't really trust it's interpretations of God's word or law. So I don't see how "I believe in God...Not the bible.." is really that much of a contridiction at all.

But this isn't really on topic, is it?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
I think the Catholic church is open to the idea of there being alien life, but speaking in context of the aliens-are-here theory, I think the Vaticant is out of the loop officially. Now the weird part is that the Vaticant does apparently have a "intelligence" service within it's infrastructure, so they may be hip to the aliens-are-here idea that way.

I never trust anything that comes out of the Vatican anyway. I think they get more respect than they deserve.

Vatican = Mafia
God? Let's talk about evolution, a natural process. Life is everywhere in the universe, to date we haven't had the chance to explore enough...
Gods exist, but their role is not to create life and make your dreams become true.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Sure you can!

Ie. What does it take to be 'christian' according to Jesus?

Answer, Love others! So, a person that has never heard of this bible can love others and do the right thing, which to me is being 'christian'.

Now, was Jesus a 'christian'? No he was of the Jewish faith!

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't think JP II knows what planet he is currently on, besides that the Vatican is a government, and like our Gov. they always hide stuff from the top official like the Prez.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There are a lot of overly paranoid and ignorant people here.
But I guess since universe is so huge, there will always be room for such life forms.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In answer to the question about the official stance of the Catholic Church on the issue of UFOs and aliens, there is a quote on Whitley Strieber's site from Monsignor Balducci, chief exorcist for the archdiocese of Rome. �Fr. Balducci says that demonic possession and alien abductions are completely different phenomena. He also says that it is ridiculous for science to disbelieve the credible testimony of millions of UFO witnesses to the UFO phenomena.�

Detailed Statement From Monsignor Corrado Balducci On UFOs

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
I believe in a Supreme Being, but i don't believe in people. Seeing how the bible was written by people, I don't really trust it's interpretations of God's word or law. So I don't see how "I believe in God...Not the bible.." is really that much of a contridiction at all.

But this isn't really on topic, is it?

Like everything always stays on the topic started.

It depends on which God you are talking about. If you say you believe in Jesus Christ, and you say you don't believe the Bible, that is a contradiction. Jesus is revealed in the pages of the Bible.

If you believe in alah then your right you wouldn't believe in the Bible, but the Bible would explain that alah is a false god that isn't even a god.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienasia
Sure you can!

Ie. What does it take to be 'christian' according to Jesus?

Answer, Love others! So, a person that has never heard of this bible can love others and do the right thing, which to me is being 'christian'.

Now, was Jesus a 'christian'? No he was of the Jewish faith!

no, to be a christian someone is convicted of their sins and realizes their need for the Savior, Jesus. They accept that God has provided a way to ensure eternal everlasting life with Him. Through Christ alone for the forgiveness of sins. You are confusing christianity with islam. islam says your deeds earn you heaven. I think it's 422 good deeds. No wait, it's 731, no...2311.

You see God through the Bible let's us know we can't make it on our own. My God took my punishment so I wouldn't have to. alah says send your son to die for me. God says, I'll send my Son to die for you.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by dnero6911
Jesus is the closest to God, we are close to God thru Him,....

That's only if you beleive i the Chrsitian God! Not eveeyone is Christian ya know?

SHE is so right!!! Why JESUS is the best, and the other are not???? Jesus was an entity from high realms who incarnated in a human body to teach us some stuff....that's it...he went back to heaven
He is the son of god but we are ALL, no matter what religion u r from... He's not better than anybody else...your religion is what u learned and I accept that, but I'm not like that...religions are made for us to beleive in something! Man used religions to have control and scare people that they go to hell, that they make sins etc....what jesus teached us has completely vanised with the catholic religion, think about it

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

top topics

<< 1   >>

join