It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The almighty created everything

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
God created the earth, with water, mountains, plants, animals, and human life. He created everything we see, or let it be created. There is a plan for everyone. All he wants is your recognition, your love, your dedication.

Supposedly.

If there was only god, and satan is a 'fallen angel' why send him below to be evil? Why not do away with him like he did with everything else in the great flood? If you believe god created everything and he affects our lives...why would he allow a ten year old to be raped...or killed, or both? Will you walk up to them and say "it is ok, this is gods plan for you?" Will you go into a hospital and tell a dying child with cancer...that this is what god had planned for them? Seems cruel to me, just like, being mad at humanity so flooding the entire Earth to kill all the animals and other life....

Is it just me...or does god have evil tendencies? Don't give me that 'he loves you' BS. If you dont follow the ten commandments and accept 'him' in your life you are sent to a burning lake of fire...forever...if that is how to love your child...once again, this supposed god that most people picture doesn't care.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins

^ That is pretty much my view on him as well. The old excuse of "free will" only explains away so much. It does not explain millions of children starving to death each day, or anything of the sort, but this is the answer I get at least to explain this.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

This forum is dedicated to the speculation and examination into conspiracies and scandals perpetrated or inspired by organized religions. This forum is not for the general discussion of religious topics.

Really, what is your point for this thread? Do you really expect to change anyone's deep spiritual beliefs with a few sentences about the cruelty of the world. If dinosaur bones wont convince people, what will?

Please dont just argue for arguement sake. We have enough of that on here already.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The believers will tell you "God" is everywhere...so ya you are right, he just stands by as each and everyone child is molested, every act of violence occurs, every disease infests itself, every murder that takes place individually or en mass, and does nothing to stop any of it. Think of the millions of people who have died in the name of one god or another only to have that god simply stand by and witness their deaths...interesting how that changes the role of god from a creator to a criminal accomplice!
edit on 20-9-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

This forum is dedicated to the speculation and examination into conspiracies and scandals perpetrated or inspired by organized religions. This forum is not for the general discussion of religious topics.

Really, what is your point for this thread? Do you really expect to change anyone's deep spiritual beliefs with a few sentences about the cruelty of the world. If dinosaur bones wont convince people, what will?

Please dont just argue for arguement sake. We have enough of that on here already.

Uh...sorry for bringing up something that makes sense???

Don't argue just to argue, this isn't an argument, it is something people with an open mind will read which will hopefully spark an independent thought, instead of thoughts fed to so many people by pastors and so called holy books.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think it's because it you don't experience hate and hurtful thing's then you can't experience love and the good thing's in life. I don't think nobody want's to experience the bad thing's in life. Myself I have been through a lot lost leg, heartattack,lost many loveone's but I see so many thing's differently. I love more now than I ever have.It's just my opinion and everybody has there own opinion of thing's.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I have to admit I've never understood why Christians 'fear' God their father ... love and respect the creator source by all means ... but you should never have need to fear your father should you ?

And the other thing that confuses me is if God created us all in his image why do Christians have so much hatred for those who don't fit into a specific group ... surely 'ALL' means just that (men / women / gay / black / white / and those of all other religions and creeds) ... it bothers me that Christians seem very selective with the bits they take literally and the bits they dismiss ... but hey I'm just a dumb Pagan ... what do I know

Woody

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here we go again.

Bash a Christian day.

No one bashes Satan, Lucifer or Azazel for starting this mess in the first place do they.

Why is that ? Are people afraid of going right back to the cause of the problem; the 'apple of knowledge' event or the rebellion on Mount Hermon ?

Grow up. Do some research.

Instead its obey TPTB and put all Christians in a FEMA camp (Auschwitz 2).
edit on 20-9-2012 by Rapha because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Here we go again.

Bash a Christian day.

No one bashes Satan, Lucifer or Azazel for starting this mess in the first place do they.

Why is that ? Are people afraid of going right back to the cause of the problem; the 'apple of knowledge' event or the rebellion on Mount Hermon ?

Grow up. Do some research.

Instead its obey TPTB and put all Christians in a FEMA camp (Auschwitz 2).
edit on 20-9-2012 by Rapha because: spelling

Has nothing to do with bashing christians. No one bashes satan or lucifer or azazel because they weren't the ones that created everything out of nothing. If there was only god, then lucifer and all others came after, which god had control over creating, soooo....think. Satan didnt create god and the earth. Azazel didn't create the earth and god. God supposedly created everything, therefore no matter how you would like to phrase it, he is the one to look to and ask 'what the ____. '

Calling it christian bashing or whatever bashing is just another way to discredit the thoughts that ive tried to bring across. Kind of like yelling racist, terrorist, or conspiracy theorist to instantly sweep a thought under the rug.
edit on 20-9-2012 by SGTSECRET because: grammar

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The force is strong in this one ^^^^^^

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It would be humorous if it wasn't so sad.

A few renegades from the bronze age have the itch for war and conquering and stuff, and tell each other that their tribal God told them to do it, how to do it, and they must be special and chosen, and all, because they keep winning wars!

Winners write the history books.

God bless wars!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
No one bashes satan or lucifer or azazel because they weren't the ones that created everything out of nothing.

Sidenote: isn't trechery answered with death by execution throughout the military. These seraphs (angels) and lyrims (watchers) stabbed their c/o in the back. Yet everyone thinks they are heros.

If there was only god, then lucifer and all others came after, which god had control over creating, soooo....think. Satan didnt create god and the earth. Azazel didn't create the earth and god. God supposedly created everything, therefore no matter how you would like to phrase it, he is the one to look to and ask 'what the ____. '

So its a good thing then that YHWH is going to clean this world of all evil on Judgement Day and allow His chosen few to live in happiness, harmony and not be persecuted.

Would you agree ?

Of course not because it means almost everyone is going to sheol, or returning to their homeland Tartarus.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
And the other thing that confuses me is if God created us all in his image why do Christians have so much hatred for those who don't fit into a specific group ...

Why are you confused? Christianity started as a cult inside Judaism. In Judaism, there are the "Chosen People" and a bunch of Untermensch, basically a fluke of Creation, deviation from norm. Have you heard about Phinehas? It's not difficult to see that Christianity inherited these ugly racist traits from Jewish religion.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins

^ That is pretty much my view on him as well. The old excuse of "free will" only explains away so much. It does not explain millions of children starving to death each day, or anything of the sort, but this is the answer I get at least to explain this.

How doesn't free will explain everything we as humanity experience?

It sure does explain the children starving, If man wasn't free to deceive how would there be so much separation of beliefs and ideologies. If we all viewed each other as equal we would not allow a single child to be hungry as we would all be hungry, its through free will that allows us to be individuals and make choices which in turn effect the world around us.

Example: Children starving in Africa in high numbers is balanced out by children for instance lets say in the US being able to through out half of their Macdonalds happy meal with no care at all because of the abundance of food available in a US city compared to a city in lets say Ethiopia. This all happens because of the global corporations controlling distribution of food supplies make ridiculous financial profits by keeping it this way.
A bit like Robin Hood except its robbing from the poor to give to the rich at a profit to put in their own pockets.

you see all due to free will, we are free to deceive and be evil which in my opinion is making a living of others suffering.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

It does. But free will doesn't explain the existence or the concepts derived from the God of the Old Testament.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
God stands by and allows for children to be raped and killed.

Have any of you ever tried thinking that if there is a plan or destiny for us all and a child close to us dies or worse is murdered, that the reason for the murder and death was for those that had to live with it are being tested.

Will they want revenge or will they forgive and move on?

A mother losing her child might be being tested to deal with loss or going the other direction lets say if the child was taken from her by murder, to turn this loving mother in a sinister being looking to avenge the pain she has suffered which would in turn create more negativity. This is the best way to test humans is to push them until breaking point and see what they made of.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

Yes free will does explain much of the suffering in the world today...and yesterday...and in the future. Much of it is brought about by man against man.

True enough that drought, and other natural phenomena do occur, and man has little to no control over that. Even then, much of the suffering is due to actions brought about by the free will of total bastards. They aren't forced to act as they do, they do it because they want to. Nothing more, nothing less.

Free will.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by InhaleExhale

It does. But free will doesn't explain the existence or the concepts derived from the God of the Old Testament.

Free will. Unless you break the rules then you get punished.

It's like if I came up to you in the street. Of your own free will you may give me your wallet. If you don't you may choose to be beaten over the head with this bat until you decide to give me your wallet. It is your choice to make of your own free will.

I have a different take on it.

God made us in his image. I am just like God. You are too. We are all Gods, we make our own reality. Now - there is nothing I can do which is against the will of God - God the almighty who made the heavens and the earth but who is so weak his ultimate creation - Me - is beyond his control to the point where he must punish me with the eternal burning fires of Hell........ If I don't obey him of my own free will. That doesn't sound right. So I have Gods permission to be me, whatever that means. I think it means I can do no wrong. You are also God. Do you think there is anything I can do to you which you would not permit me to do?

I don't get this whole going against the will of God. It is Gods will that I have free will. He made the heavens and the earth (or put into place the mechanism for the universe to evolve) If it was Gods will that I obey a set of rules he would have made it so that was the case. And not given me free will. Any creator who can not control his creation is not one I think could exist. There is no heaven, there is no hell. There is no devil, no evil spirits. There is no right and there is no wrong. There is just this amazing creation which allows God, through all of us, to experience being. And when we have had our experience here we go back to spirit, return to the father, back where we came from. (I would say return to mother, but I am trying to stick to a vaguely Christian symbology - I'm not even sure why)

So remember. We are all brothers and sisters. We all came from the same place and will all return to the same place. We are all made of the same flesh and blood, we are all filled with the same spirit, and will all return to that after our time here is up. The sooner the world realises this the better!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong
He made the heavens and the earth (or put into place the mechanism for the universe to evolve)

And how do you know this?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by nothingwrong
He made the heavens and the earth (or put into place the mechanism for the universe to evolve)

And how do you know this?

I looked out of the window. Then I looked into myself. Then I looked out of the window. Then I thought about it.

Why do you ask?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join