It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Killed 70,000 Chickens While Drunk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Most of us have done silly things while being drunk. But one man went too far.

In his state of intoxication, he ended up next to some poultry houses and is alleged to have turned off the circuit breakers. As a result of the loss of power, nearly 70,000 chickens did not get food and water and almost all of them died.

The incident occurred in Delmar, Maryland.

The owner of poultry houses had found the man 'passed out on the floor of the shed, clad only in a T-shirt and boxer shorts. The man was also lying in a pool of his own urine and had a strong odor of alcohol coming from him'. He's facing multiple charges and is currently in police custody.

This is not the first incident involving a drunk man ending at the wrong location.

On July 29th, Jason House was arrested after he mistakenly entered someone else's home and climbed into bed with an elderly couple.

In another incident, a 36-year-old noticed the check-in desk at an airport in Rome was unattended and climbed over the counter and curled up on the moving baggage belt to take a nap. He was on the belt for 15 minutes before officials noticed him through the X-ray monitors.

I bet these chickens were in tiny cages stacked on top of each other in traditional chicken factory farms..poor chickens..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It's so sad that those chickens didn't get to live for their intended purpose, which was to be killed by slaughter instead of starvation. Poor chickens. Next time I go to KFC I will devote a moment of silence in their memory.
edit on 20-9-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Ok well we get that you don't care about chickens. What I don't get is why you care enough to post your feelings when no one gives a toss?

At least chickens serve a purpose....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

SilentKoala
LOL you do that say a prayer for the chickens ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Sometimes you just have to take what people say in here with a grain of salt then just shrug it off..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Brings a whole new meaning to ‘choking the chicken’ but 70,000 times, no wonder he was blind.

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That's a lot of damn chickens!!!!!

That's also a lot of damn money lost $$$$$$

Hopefully their insurance is up to date......

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I wonder what a pile of 70,000 dead chickens looks like?

In a former life I used to dive in dumpsters. One time I climbed the ladder on a 30 foot tall boy and when I looked over the top my light illuminated a dumpster half filled with rotting bird carcasses. I swallowed and looked again.

There it was. A dumpster half filled with all kinds: chicken, turkeys game hens, ducks, etc. All the birds were out of the wrap and spoiling. I imagine they do that for recycle for feed or something. I will never forget it.

We waste so much food in America.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Oh noooos, he killed 70,000 chickens that were all cramped in together since birth who were going to end up getting killed to feed some SUV full of diabetics.

Seriously, this guy did nothing worse than that farmer did.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Mickierocksman
Id say he was blind drunk..I bet that was a mess to see and clean up 70,000 Chickens ugh..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

snarky412
I'm sure that company lost thousands of dollars i do hope they had insurance also ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

intrptr
I have no idea what that amount of dead chickens looks like but i bet it was smelly and ugly..
I agree we waste allot of food look at the buffets that throw away all the left overs from the plates people don't eat its a shame..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Cuervo
I don't agree what the man did was horrible plus all the money the company lost over this man being drunk and the huge clean up to go with it..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by Cuervo

Cuervo
I don't agree what the man did was horrible plus all the money the company lost over this man being drunk and the huge clean up to go with it..peace,sugarcookie1

But... it's not an industry that should be making money that way in the first place. What he did was stupid. What they do is evil.

Look, I don't hate carnivores or anything but there are some seriously messed up practices being used by the majority of these farmers. Really. Totally twisted and evil. I would never do something like that on purpose and I don't think the guy should get off the hook but, on the other hand, I have zero sympathy for the farmer.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Mickierocksman

Mickierocksman
Id say he was blind drunk..I bet that was a mess to see and clean up 70,000 Chickens ugh..peace,sugarcookie1

Broiler chickens have their beaks and toes cut off and cannot walk because they are genetically bred to be too fat to support with their bones. They are also mostly in the dark so they just crap on each other.

Just thought I'd say that to let you know that it will be easy to clean up. I think most would be stuck together, anyway, so they'll just come out in clumps.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I have to admit i didn't know about the beaks and toes cut off and that is horrible..
I'm also a farmer but i raise cattle and have raised a few chickens myself but my chickens were treated and fed well and allowed to wander all over my farm i never penned them up..
But that was a bit to much info on the clean up for me made my tummy churn..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

I have to admit i didn't know about the beaks and toes cut off and that is horrible..
I'm also a farmer but i raise cattle and have raised a few chickens myself but my chickens were treated and fed well and allowed to wander all over my farm i never penned them up..
But that was a bit to much info on the clean up for me made my tummy churn..peace,sugarcookie1

You didn't know that because you do it right.
The very fact that you farm and didn't know this should be something you can be proud of. When my family used to eat meat, we always sought out folks like you to buy from.

Keep up the good work. Those farmers in question are out to destroy your way of life.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Cuervo because: Sleepy

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Once again,innocent creatures suffer because of human idiocy,and we are supposed to be the pinnacle of evolution?
As you noted,the poor chickens were most likely crammed into small cages,makes me very angry.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

nake13
Its sad but true this kinda thing goes on all over the world mostly with the big farmers grow them quick and get them on the market and replace them with 70,000 more chickens..Its all about the money..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
For a moment I was wondering if he had 'chocked the 70,000 chickens' to death somehow
Its basically a loss of food and income for the farmer which I'm sure the insurance might compensate upto a certain amount unless the drunkard is/was a wealthy man.
edit on 20-9-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join