It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible discovery of a Gay gene?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattison0922
My 2 cents:

In my opinion, without having read this particular study: The idea of a gay gene is complete and utter rubbish.... same thing for the 'alcoholic' gene. Behaviors, including sexual preference, are not controlled by a single gene. If this were the case, everyone with the 'alcoholic' gene would be an alcoholic NECESSARILY. This is NOT the case. Scientists do have their own agenda to push, and the idea of objective science is a farce. For all we know the PI (principal investigator) of the study may have a gay son, or be gay themself and have an agenda. Scientists that make absolute correlations between behaviors and specific genes are full of &$^*. This is not to say that things like cystic fibrosis are not caused by a single gene, but this is not a behavior. The environmental dependence of genetic conditions can be easily proven for yourself. Look at two individuals with Down's syndrome: Both have the same genetic condition, an extra copy of a particular chromosome. However the manifestation of this disease runs the range from profoundly mentally disabled to slightly less than average intelligence. If genetic conditions are a some sort of certain 'sentence' how can one explain these two genetic anomalies: Down's Syndrome and alcoholism. I will clearly reiterate this for the record: There is no such thing as a 'gay' gene.

I don't think it's a gene either...I've done some spiritual research (I'M not in to religion...hehe) about gays...
I've read that souls of gay people have something to learn in a gay body because they are rejected by society and they have to build themselves to be stronger...has to do with souls learning on earth

Maybe a bit off topic, but my little spiritual side often comes up!

Then again, two women who kiss each other are not considered gay, but they enjoy it...what could that BE???

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think we aren't very good at understanding God's plans. But I do know this: If my child were born with a cleft palate I would correct it because life is better with a "normal" palate compared to a cleft one. Like homosexuality, the cause of cleft palates are not fully understood, it is possible there are genetic and environmental contributors.

If my child were homosexual I would hope for correction for the same reasons I would hope for corrections with any debilitating defect: a richer more fulfilling life for my child. Can homosexuals live a fulfilling life? Of course they can, but I believe it a life lacking in the most fundamental rewards a heterosexual couple can experience.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

Originally posted by masterp

To destroy the belief of GOd is thier agenda

And why destroying the belief of God is a bad thing? Religions is the source of problems on this Earth.

[edit on 17-10-2004 by masterp]

Let me just put it this way: What do you think society would be like with out morals? People would just patrol the streets with Uzi's shooting each other without somebody telling them murder is a bad thing, not just against the law. I agree Quicksilver we should definatly view this info with catioun. Like somebody said it's unusual that homosexuality hasn't died out.

You seem to assume that morality would not exist without religion. In my mind there is one ultimate moral rule, ‘do unto others as you would have them do unto you.’ This rule does not depend upon religion, but upon the individual having a moral conscience, having the ability to empathize. No religion, not even Christianity can imbue empathy. It is a gift of God. You either have it or you don’t, although it is possible to subdue it and form a callous over it. It seems many have done so.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join