It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Stewart just called Tucker Carleson a Dick on CNN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I can't help but post this...John Stewart was a guest just now on Crossfire on CNN. Stewart wanted to talk seriously about issues, but Tucker Carleson kept trying to get him to "be funny". At the end, Tucker said as they were going to a comercial...

CARLSON: I do think you're more fun on your show. Just my opinion.

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: OK, up next, Jon Stewart goes one on one with his fans...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: You know what's interesting, though? You're as big a dick on your show as you are on any show.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: Now, you're getting into it. I like that.

STEWART: Yes.

Transcript here...

transcripts.cnn.com...

"You know, you are funnier on your show"

To which Stewart said..

"And your as big a dick on this show and every other show"

Oh good times! LOL

[edit on 15-10-2004 by sensfan]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Oh man I gotta see that!

He really is a dick! That's awesome!

What uh, has anybody read America (The Book) by the way? Freaking hilarious!

SMR

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Was watching it as well and could not stop laughing

I could only imagine what was said at the break.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just saw that show too and I tought it was pretty funny when Stewart called them both "partisan hacks" to witch they didnt have much to answer, o and also he told Tucker that he wasn't going to be his monkey when Tucker kept telling John he was funnier on his show.
Good times indeed!

And btw if you like John Stewart, I'd suggest you listen to his interview with Bill Moyers, It was very interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It was AN AMBUSH!!!

Plain and simple.

They booked him to "perform" his little schitick. Oh hell no.

This show is destroying AMERICA. You're both partisan hacks. Disservice. Immoral. Failing Americans. (looking for transcript)

Oh my. They couldn't recover fast enough. Recover? They couldn't HIDE fast enough.

God that was good.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Did little john lose his cool. I always love someone who can dish out, but can't take it, when the s*** fly's back. Its kind ofa reflection of the democratic party.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by snagltooth
Did little john lose his cool. I always love someone who can dish out, but can't take it, when the s*** fly's back. Its kind ofa reflection of the democratic party.

Not at all. He was unpartisan in his obviously planned criticism of how the media portrays politics as black & white, left vs right, and via snipes like you just made.

He was extremely cool. Paul and Tuker lost it when someone refused to play their Dem versus Republican game.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Sansfan, when we have final, you may want to edit title to reflect the shocking nature of the entire ambush and that the transcript is linked.

transcripts.cnn.com...

Up to you though. So far (reading now) this is NOT the show I just saw live.

Okay, it's close...

Shortly after Tucker lost it calling John a "butt boy" is where it really got good. Or rather bad. Paul took it well. Tucker will not be criticised it seems.

CARLSON: You need to get a job at a journalism school, I think.

STEWART: You need to go to one.

The thing that I want to say is, when you have people on for just knee-jerk, reactionary talk...

CARLSON: Wait. I thought you were going to be funny. Come on. Be funny.

STEWART: No. No. I'm not going to be your monkey.

(LAUGHTER)

BEGALA: Go ahead. Go ahead.

STEWART: I watch your show every day. And it kills me.

CARLSON: I can tell you love it.

STEWART: It's so -- oh, it's so painful to watch.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: You know, because we need what you do. This is such a great opportunity you have here to actually get politicians off of their marketing and strategy.

CARLSON: Is this really Jon Stewart? What is this, anyway?

STEWART: Yes, it's someone who watches your show and cannot take it anymore.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: I just can't.

CARLSON: What's it like to have dinner with you? It must be excruciating. Do you like lecture people like this or do you come over to their house and sit and lecture them; they're not doing the right thing, that they're missing their opportunities, evading their responsibilities? STEWART: If I think they are.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: I wouldn't want to eat with you, man. That's horrible.

STEWART: I know. And you won't. But the thing I want to get to...

BEGALA: We did promise naked pictures of the Supreme Court justices.

CARLSON: Yes, we did. Let's get to those.

(CROSSTALK)

BEGALA: They're in this book, which is a very funny book.

STEWART: Why can't we just talk -- please, I beg of you guys, please.

CARLSON: I think you watch too much CROSSFIRE.

We're going to take a quick break.

*snip*

STEWART: Please stop.

CARLSON: Hopefully, he'll be here, we hope, we think.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
At the end, Tucker said as they were going to a comercial...

"You know, you are funnier on your show"

To which Stewart said..

"And your as big a dick on this show and every other show"

Oh good times! LOL

John Stewart is EXACTLY right! I can't stand that little pin-head, bow-tie wearing expletive deleted.

Good for him.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

He was extremely cool. Paul and Tuker lost it when someone refused to play their Dem versus Republican game.

Are you kidding the Daily show has become so Liberally Biased its not even funny. John Stewart plays the Dem vs Rep every day and plays it very well.

When Kraig Kilborn was the host of the Daily show it was alot less baised and was a much better show.Plus the five questions were the best

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Craig Kilborne SUCKS! Oh yeah, and he's not even funny. Whassa matta? Can't handle John's newfound fame? If the networks weren't so utterly under corporate control, giving us the stepford government view, the Daily Show might not be so popular.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Are you kidding the Daily show has become so Liberally Biased its not even funny. John Stewart plays the Dem vs Rep every day and plays it very well.

When Kraig Kilborn was the host of the Daily show it was alot less baised and was a much better show.Plus the five questions were the best

With any luck you'll start liking the show again after Nov 2.

When they get "conservatively biased" making fun of President Kerry.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

With any luck you'll start liking the show again after Nov 2.

When they get "conservatively biased" making fun of President Kerry.

conservatively biased Daily show after Nov 2
Fat chance. But anyway I dont want any biased view on the daily show either way.

I like the show now Lewis Black is the funniest one on that whole show. Long live Back in Black

[edit on 15-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 15-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I hope they show this again sometime as I would love to see it. Tucker is a moron, and the funny thing is how RIGHT John Stewart consistently is on shows he attends. He made O'Reilly look like a blubbering fool, and now the same to Tucker. Thats 2 for 2 John...keep up the good work

PS- On a side note...I have been watching "The Daily Show" since its first episode, and I'm glad Stephen Colbert still remains on the show...definitely one of the funniest comedians working right now.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Oh man, I wish I would have seen that!!! I stopped watching crossfire because it's a useless battle of talking points. Carvel, Begala, Tucker, and Novak all make my physically angry.

It's refreshing to see the guy that said "have you ever seen a twenty on WEED" in Half Baked make "real" pundits look stupid.

John Stewart for President!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Stewart is a genius. He also has a knack for telling truth in his own special manner. Glad Tucker got what he so deeply deserves.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I love Jon Stewart, he is a breath of fresh air in a Patriot Act world.

Everytime I watch his show, I still believe there a small amount of Freedom of Speech left in this country!

You go Jon, Godspeed!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There's a couple of torrent files of the interview.

I haven't downloaded them yet.
I need to load BT++ on my system again:

bitflood.org:8080...

EDIT:
Here's a link to the BT++ file share program for those who don't already have it.
btplusplus.sourceforge.net...
You'll need it to download the files.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Jon Stewart is definitely a Dem. I love his Daily Show. If anyone hears of a re-run of this Crossfire edition, please post it here.

Jon is a political comedy genius. He manages to pull it off and make you laugh, D or R. Bill Maher, on the other hand, same job, fails, because he is .. I don' know why. he just isn't funny. He gets too serious trying to make you laugh.

Just my .02

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Bill Maher makes his jokes seem more in depth, he'll talk about random things that you need to watch the news about while Stewart will make the best possible jokes on the biggest stories of the day. He might be biased so what, I hope no one takes it seriously, it's a great show to watch to get away from the seriousness of some things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join