It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Daniel prophecy running right now???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Something I have been watching for a few years now and I thought I would bring this to everyones attention.

Is the prophecy of Daniel 8 running in the world right now?

Simplified what the prophecy is telling us is that at the beginning of the end times a country depicted by a goat is attacking and eventually kills a ram that is supposed to represent "Persia". And so far what is happening in the middle east since 2001 appears to match up with the prophecy.

The goat attacks the ram and breaks it's 2 horns. A good match for what happened to Afghanistan and Iraq. And should Iran be attacked and conquered in the near future then this prophecy would then be 3 for 3.

Comments?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Already been fulfilled when Greece (Alexander the Great) conquered the Persian Empire.

We are living in the time of iron and clay feet, or soon will be, of the statue in Nebuchadnezzer's dream which Daniel interpreted.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

I believe you could be right, but there are a lot of prophecies in Daniel that have yet to come to pass and I think will be more important and a lot clearer to see when they happen. I applaud your courage in creating this thread on a site where anti Christians come down hard on people like you. Get ready. Soon the anti God, anti Christianity crowd will flood your thread with their wrath and try to sidetrack the whole topic.
I posted before on a similar thread regarding the prophecy that interests me the most.
It is found in Daniel chapter 11 verse 37. This verse clearly gives us a picture of the future anti Christ that we have been warned about.
" Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers( A typical Jewish phrase stating he shall be Jewish) nor the desire of women( verifying he will be a homosexual) nor regard any God, for he shall magnify himself above all.Stating he will believe and convince the world he is God.
What are your thoughts on this verse?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

later on in the chapter the Angel interprets the vision

The ram which thou sawest having [two] horns [are] the kings of Media and Persia.

And the rough goat [is] the king of Grecia: and the great horn that [is] between his eyes [is] the first king.

now, that might be the historical & 1st completion of that prophecy
and a later 21st century 2nd fulfillment is in the works now...(as some preachers tell us)

whats interesting is that the Goat crosses the whole Earth without touching the ground..
now that wasn't possible under Philip or Alexander the great (1st & 2nd kings of mighty greece)

but that prophtic word seems like more like a Shock-&-Awe invasion by a million man paratrooper attack by the only nation able to perform such a massive, long distance invasion ~

i take other prophecies into account, so as to put more meat on each other...

there is a prophecy that tell us that the medes-persians are symbolized by a
Bear with 3 'tusks'... i interpret the 3 tusks a being 2 seperate times... once when the 'Ram' with 2 horns existed & was then conqured by the Grecian king Alexander (your Daniel 8)
but the 3rd tusk of what was once the medes-persians/ram had in time become the Persian/Iranian Bear
and that is the 2nd fufillment of Daniel 8 & the Revelation....

when the 'west' comes across the whole Earth, without touching the ground, to meet & crush the Persians
This 2nd conflaguration with Persia is the noted 'end-time' event spoken of in the scripture
edit on 18-9-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Just one problem with that though. This verse.

17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

And the bible's definition of the time of the end is in Genesis 49. Essentially the time of the end means when the Israelites have become a multitude of nations. Not a event that could have happened in the BC era.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Continue reading the whole chapter. The goat "not touching the earth" was the speed in which Alexander conquered the known world. Aexander's (the horn that broke at it's height....") kingdom was devided among his four top Generals (the four horns that grew up, not as strong) Todays time is one of these reinstalled empires, mixed with Iron and clay. Like the old one but not as strong.. as clay and iron don't mix. I do think the anti christ will come out of Persia or Babylon and some things lead me to think Rome. I personally believe Rome will give the relegious backing to the beast.

Remeber the angel was telling/showing Daniel this before it happened. As you know there is so much to the book of Daniel.. Just throwing out an idea. Not to mention the other books of the prophets.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
reply to post by ntech

I applaud your courage in creating this thread on a site where anti Christians come down hard on people like you. Get ready. Soon the anti God, anti Christianity crowd will flood your thread with their wrath and try to sidetrack the whole topic.
- I personally find this comment offensive, its like saying all Christians are like the ones from the crusades. (i do NOT believe this in any way shape or form), just because someone questions something, does not mean they are "anti-christian" to which i suspect you will throw me in.

I posted before on a similar thread regarding the prophecy that interests me the most.
It is found in Daniel chapter 11 verse 37. This verse clearly gives us a picture of the future anti Christ that we have been warned about.
" Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers( A typical Jewish phrase stating he shall be Jewish) nor the desire of women( verifying he will be a homosexual) nor regard any God, for he shall magnify himself above all.Stating he will believe and convince the world he is God.
What are your thoughts on this verse?

My thoughts on the verse you are quoting are not in any of my reference material.

King James Bible:

Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

New International Version (1984):

He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all.

New Living Translation - 2007:

He will have no respect for the gods of his ancestors, or for the god loved by women, or for any other god, for he will boast that he is greater than them all.

My thoughts are simply this - You have added your interpretation of the quote, which has included this person to be a homosexual Jewish person, which is the closest to the King James edition of the bible (as quoted above). Just because someone doesn't seek the desires of women that makes him a homosexual, it could make him a-sexual, OR a Priest (of some description, probably not Jewish.).

Edit - Above are just some notable examples.

Now on with the topic, I PERSONALLY think that what murphy22 said that this even has already come to pass.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Spruk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The goat part, not touching the earth...could be a strike by a Bunch of B2 spirit bombers which can fly all the way to Diego garcia and bomb Iran On BOTH passes.....or even intercontinental missiles.......
Just sayin....some prphecies ARE said to have mirrored fullfillments....??

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm having a problem with the 'goat' part. If it said "eagle" or even "donkey" or "elephant" (democrat/republican mascots) then I would be like... Oh sh*t!!! But... goat???

Am I missing something?
edit on 9/18/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The goat part, not touching the earth...could be a strike by a Bunch of B2 spirit bombers which can fly all the way to Diego garcia and bomb Iran On BOTH passes.....or even intercontinental missiles.......

Or Drones
Or Satellites
Or Space craft
Or Killer bees
Or Nanites
Or a Raincloud
Or a REALLY big stick
Or wet kipper being projected out of a rail gun
Or just about anything and everything we can think of that can be projected or flown.

And its from my understanding that the prophecy discussed here is a once off event, its the rise of the anti-christ (using the current perspective.)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Tricky question. One problem here is the translation. The original words don't seem to translate well to English. And I don't read Hebrew. But here is a translation on the subject with commentary from a rabbi.

Daniel Commentary link

And a link to another commentary on the subject.

God of Forces.

My thought is that he is possessed by Satan. And as such he is the head of all the demonic forces of the end times.

And the part about regarding the desire of women may have another meaning according to the rabbi.

37. And he will not contemplate the gods of his fathers, and the most desirable of women and any god he will not contemplate, for he will magnify himself over all.

And he will not contemplate the God of his fathers: he will not put his mind to the Holy One, blessed be He, Who is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, his [i. e., Israel’s] forefathers. the most desirable of women: the nation of Israel, [called] fairest of women.

That just may be another way to describe the nation of Israel. Getting lost in the translation.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

The simple explanation is Daniel is describing the visions he is having. The term goat and Greece are what I would consider a simile. Meaning that rather than being the actual Greece in the prophecy what he is saying is that the object in question looked Greek to him. Because if he was looking at symbols or even actual glimpses of a distant future what he was looking at would make no sense whatsoever. All he can do is describe what he saw.

Now consider this verse from Chapter 11.

2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

This event happens just prior to the events of chap 8. And this would be an accurate description of the events leading up to 9-11. And wouldn't the term "realm of Greece" be an accurate description of Washington DC on 9-11?

And...

He was reading "The pet goat" when the 9-11 attack started.
edit on 19-9-2012 by ntech because: ROTFLMAO..

edit on 19-9-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk

Originally posted by stirling

Or Drones
Or Satellites
Or Space craft
Or Killer bees
Or Nanites
Or a Raincloud
Or a REALLY big stick
Or wet kipper being projected out of a rail gun
Or just about anything and everything we can think of that can be projected or flown.

And its from my understanding that the prophecy discussed here is a once off event, its the rise of the anti-christ (using the current perspective.)

I GOT IT!!!!
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Sorry I had to!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
The simple explanation is Daniel is describing the visions he is having. The term goat and Greece are what I would consider a simile. Meaning that rather than being the actual Greece in the prophecy what he is saying is that the object in question looked Greek to him...all he can do is describe what he saw

The vision described by Daniel in ch8 is about a ram and a goat.
The prophet Daniel does NOT say that the goat is Greece.
The information that the goat represents the king of Greece COMES FROM THE ANGEL who interprets the vision to him (ch8 v21).
Similarly in ch11 v2. The reference to the kingdom of Greece is part of the long explanatory speech which another angel begins in ch10 v20.
So your idea that the identification is based on Daniel's confused understanding of what he saw is mistaken; it comes on the authority of the angel of God.

edit on 19-9-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by ntech
The simple explanation is Daniel is describing the visions he is having. The term goat and Greece are what I would consider a simile. Meaning that rather than being the actual Greece in the prophecy what he is saying is that the object in question looked Greek to him...all he can do is describe what he saw

The vision described by Daniel in ch8 is about a ram and a goat.
The prophet Daniel does NOT say that the goat is Greece.
The information that the goat represents the king of Greece COMES FROM THE ANGEL who interprets the vision to him (ch8 v21).
Similarly in ch11 v2. The reference to the kingdom of Greece is part of the long explanatory speech which another angel begins in ch10 v20.
So your idea that the identification is based on Daniel's confused understanding of what he saw is mistaken; it comes on the authority of the angel of God.

edit on 19-9-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

Actually what is going on is this.

Daniel 8
26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it
shall be for many days.

Daniel 12
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

What you have here is a "sealed" prophesy. Simply put it wasn't supposed to be understood until the time of the end was near or actually running.

And here's the problem with that.

In the Matthew 24 prophesy there is the fig tree parable. Where the end time events are compared to fig leaves. And we are told that the timeline for the parable is the lifetime of generation. So if the average lifetime is running between 70 to 80 years approximately then there is a problem with Daniel. His prophesies need to be running now. Why? Because the nation of Israel was created in 1948. If that was a fig leaf then the Apocalypse is 64 to 67 years old.

And if you look at current events Daniel appears to have gone 3 for 3 since 9-11-01. Attacking Iran would make the 4th event of the prophesies.

So is it really all that hard to imagine the US as fulfilling the role of the realm of Greece in the end times? And becoming part of the end time Roman Empire?

edit on 20-9-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

You can imagine it. Just don't base it on "Daniel saw something that looked like Greece", because he didn't.
I was keeping quiet until you brought that old chestnut up again.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I guess it's time to say it then. Welcome to Left Behind. The non fiction version of the story.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

hmm....not sure i quite am ready for that assessment yet.
2 thess 2:7
the accuser cannot move forward with its plan until the one who opposes it is removed.

very good thread though.
it is good to see ideas put out here and NOT be subject to the deluge of hate as on other sites.

props to those of you who are showing restraint.

props to those of you who are choosing to add your two cents.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
wow
dude
sorry
didn't mean to kill the thread.

my bad.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Israel will be 70 years old in 2018.

Then that's when it all goes to pot...

A comet fragment to the mediterranean and Israel goes bye-bye under a wave...

Thats why Jesus says run to the hills...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join