It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Maybe this will help those that are comprehension challenged:

Romney told those attending the fundraiser that the story illustrates how lucky Americans are to have been born in the United States. “Ninety-five percent of life is settled if you’re born in America,” he recalled his partner telling him after seeing the factory. “This is an amazing land. What we have is unique and fortunately we’re sharing it with the world.”

www.nationaljournal.com...

That quote talks about how good we have it and I agree in my original post.

It seems like you are deflecting.

I asked you a specific question about what you said.

He was saying we are spreading the American way of life to China

Please explain your point of view from your statement.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

LOL? Probably because I was quoting the study on the last page. And these people tend to be republicans, which means Mitt was wrong.

" Majority of Welfare Recipients are White, Non-urban, Study Reveals "

www.sodahead.com...
edit on 17-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

which conveniently has NOTHING to do with the video, but sure does segway pretty good when youre heading into the direction with race.............

Im just saying, you have a very very strong history of your posts and threads turning that direction in a hurry.....

Perhaps its something you should evaluate

link   
reply to post by timetothink

It's not a lie. He said it.

You're interpreting through republican colored glasses, I'm not.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Someone elaborate on this.
He said "We are sharing it with the world"

What is he sharing?
Is he sharing his wealth with the world?
Or, is he sharing other American's wealth with the world, while capitalizing on it?

reply to post by RealSpoke

Yep...listened again and you are WRONG!!

He said how they worked for a "pitance" and how bad the working conditions were and that here in America we have a great land and are sharing it with the world....

He said AMERICA is a great land and we are sharing it with the world....

Do you get it yet????

That's it I nothing further to say to someone who's hatred is blinding them to the truth.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Hi Beez,

Yes slavery is wrong and lying about someone claiming they were saying slavery in China is good, is also wrong.

Is it not?

Quite true.

My point is that people talk of slavery, Biden talks about the GOP putting people in chains,

and yet

The theme of the DNC was. . . "We belong to government".

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

WTF!?

How is it rubbish? Is that not Romney talking? Are those not his words? How exactly is it rubbish that Rolling Stone is presenting the video for review?

Is it only rubbish because you disagree with the editorial commentary?

Fine...don't read the article...Romney still said a bunch of astoundingly arrogant quotes and revealed his utter lack of warmth or regard for his fellow citizen.

He still handed Obama the election.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I am not trying to upset you. I asked a simple question.

I am not lying I do nt even know where you get off accusing me.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Ummm yeah it does..Romney goes on about how Obama supporters are dependent on the government and crave entitlements. That is the reason they are voting for him...when a HUGE portion of Romneys voting base is dependent on the government. I PROVED this through showing that the majority of people on welfare are white rural dwelling people who tend to vote republican. It had absolutely nothing to do with race, it had to do with the VOTING BASE. The fact that you think I said it to bring up race shows where YOUR mind is.

And ps. None of my threads turn up about race unless someone says something to me, or it was with the topic at hand.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is really ridiculous....

He said America is great and we are sharing that with the world.....what is so hard to understand about that???

“This is an amazing land. What we have is unique and fortunately we’re sharing it with the world.”

Meaning the American way of life.

I don't know how many other ways to explain it.

The reason people on this thread are making it something it is not, is because they WANT Romney to be evil.

So they will do whatever they have to to make him sound and look evil......even being dense about understanding what he said and LYING!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
so spreading horrible working conditions to china, where people are standing in line to get this kind of a job, is the american way of life? is that what Mitt is behind?

okay

what an arse.

the point he is indirectly making when trying to make his initial point just makes him look like more of a douche really.

also... that other video of him talking about these suppose 47% that depend on the govt. really hits the point that he is a douche bag further. if u can't see this than you are the one that is blind.

im sorry but him and some of that 1% he is a part of is more dependent on the american people and the govt. then the rest of us.

they are the major freeloaders here. lower taxes for the rich and increase taxes for the poor and middle class? bailouts? come on folks. step back and see whats really happening for a sec.

sure both obama and mitt are both bought n sold by goldman sachs but at least obama is not looking like the major tool at this point. he can at least keep it respectable in the shrewd game of politics. if this is all the republicans have to offer it is pretty sad.

mitt was a horrible choice for the platform.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's not a secret, it's a blatant fact!
Remember that idiot gal that thought Obama was going to pay for her rent and car once he got elected?
Just another Empore's new clothes moment.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

The video was not on Rolling Stone, I was replying to someone who posted a 6 page opinion piece about Bain capital in Rolling Stone..if you can;t keep up...don't talk to me.

link   

He said America is great and we are sharing that with the world..

Yes, sharing slave camps. The whole conversation was about slave factories, I guess you missed that part.

Meaning the American way of life.

Slave factories are the American way of life?

Are you not getting the WHOLE CONVERSATION WAS ABOUT SLAVE FACTORIES IN CHINA?

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Ummm yeah it does..Romney goes on about how Obama supporters are dependent on the government and crave entitlements. That is the reason they are voting for him...when a HUGE portion of Romneys voting base is dependent on the government. I PROVED this through showing that the majority of people on welfare are white rural dwelling people who tend to vote republicans. It had absolutely nothing to do with race, it had to do with the VOTING BASE. The fact that you think I said it to bring up race shows where YOUR mind is.

And ps. None of my threads turn up about race unless someone says something to me, or it was with he topic at hand.

Yes he said the majority were dependent on the government........

what does them being WHITE have anything to do with it?

See thats the problem , youre injecting race in there, where there is none, THAT is the problem and that alone exposes your agenda........

The problem is you have an issue with WHITE people and Republicans.......youve made that completely clear.....as you accuse anyone who doesnt agree with you as being a Republican....

Regardless of the fact that a lot of them like myself, have absolutely NOTHING to do with the republican party....

Your "white rich guy" hate overshadows everything you write........you race bait at every opportunity, all one has to do is look through your post history........
edit on 17-9-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Already proven wrong

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Exactly....slavery is the new hot button to make everyone nuts..."racism" and "slavery"

I am upset because people here are trying to say Romney spoke in that video about slavery in China being great when he was saying the exact opposite.

link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Describing his family background, he quipped about his father, "Had he been born of Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot of winning this."

....or...he'd be the owner of a successful landscaping business...with a partner they all call "Chewy."

This is about as racist as it gets. Good form...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

My bad, I should have said Mother Jones, that's what I thought you were referring to.

I'll go run some laps now so I can try and keep up.

link   

That explains a lot.

You think from that statement it makes everything OK.

I just have to say WOW. You can go back to your own world now.

link   

reply to post by beezzer

Exactly....slavery is the new hot button to make everyone nuts..."racism" and "slavery"

I am upset because people here are trying to say Romney spoke in that video about slavery in China being great when he was saying the exact opposite.

I know, the free market system is bad, belonging to government is good. . .

Golly.

What kind of agenda is that?

Hmm. . . . . . .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join