It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to me while I was sitting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Weird thing happened yesterday night. i was sitting cross-legged and my whole lower body felt like my muscles just bulged and thye got more powerful. Then I closed my eyes. It was dark at first then it went bright with a whitish soft thing of colors just waving back and forth. I felt like I was going to lose conciousness. My vision was all weird and I don't remember it all just hte lights. After that my body went all pins and needles and I felt like I was floating and getting lighter. Like I was leaving my body. Then I opened my eyes and it all went away in a rush.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sounds like something I felt after eating some really good mexican food onetime...It all want away in a "rush" that cleared the room.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Anyway, has anything ever happened to you like this before? was it day or night? Could you have just dozed off real quick?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
put the bong down and step away from your computer

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You were mutating to your Xmen form, just let it play-out next time there big guy... I hope this doesnt make you, "angry"... :

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Two things lead me to believe it's connected with the nervous system:

1) Bulging muscles - typically contractions from overload of Potassium or neurotransmitters
2) Pins and Needles - chemical causing firing of synapsis. Epinephrine perhaps?

Especially during growth phases, the body will sometimes go into a state of 'overdrive'. It wouldn't necessarily have to involve a substance, these chemicals are found in the body normally. I'm not a doc by any means, but the 4 yrs. bio lab in college has us working with some of these concepts.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
put the bong down and step away from your computer

I'm 12 years old and I don't use a bong.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It was nighttime about 10 P.M. . I was in the shower but I wasn't sleeping I could still hear the stuff in the room.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Not to scare you but it sounds like a petite mal seizure

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
YEAH, YES , YUP !

Get a check up with the primary care Physician ...

dosen't happen to young people - FALSE ANSWER

sounds similar to a very temporary minor blood blockage in brain, it may never happen again.....but i'd still check it out with your Doctor

OF course i may just be an alarmist,
?? you do get up & down & exercise away from the PC dont you?

take care

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Weird. I had similar but not quite related experiences a few years ago...alarming at the time...but haven't happened again.

The time I really remember...I was a freshman in college (two years ago) - I lived in the dorms right on campus. I was in my room...and working on an essay. I left to go to the 711 about 3/4 of a block away...to get some snack food. I bought some crap from 711, and left. About 1/4 of the way back...an intense feeling of light-headedness and dizziness passed over me. It felt similar to the sensation you get when you stand up too fast from a prolonged period of inactivity. But it progressively grew worse and worse...and my vision started to become "grainy" and eventually started fading away.

After several seconds...I realized I was going to pass out. I was near a staircase to other dorm buildings near my dorm. So, fearing that I'd pass out...I sat down on the dorm steps...and put my head in my hands as I was intensely dizzy and lightheaded. With my head in my hands...I continued blacking out and after a few seconds, I completely lost consciousness. I mean, I don't even know what happened for a few seconds. I came to when this girl from one of my classes tapped on my shoulder and asked me if I was allright. At first her voice was distant and didn't seem real but eventually I came back to consciousness and realized what had happened...my vision still grainy and my head still in the clouds.

Anyway, after about a minute or two I was able to stand up under my own power and she helped me back to my dorm. Now, keep in mind that I am (I presume) in perfectly good health...I am 5'9", 140 pounds...physically active...and wasn't sick at the time. So I'm still at a loss as to what caused this...I never saw a doctor. But a few years previous to this...I was walking into my room (back at my house) and alll of the sudden I felt a blackout coming on. Before I could even react, I completely blacked out and awoke a few seconds later on my hardwood floor, with a HUGE bruise on my forehead. And it happened a few times in between this event and the event at my college.

Curiously enough, it hasn't happened since it did m freshman year. But it seems similar to what you experienced...perhaps the same. I guess I wouldn't worry too much about it because I'm still fine 2 years after the fact...but I have always been VERY curious about what could have happened...because it's still inexplicable to me to this day.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I don't think this is anything special. Probably just a sudden rush of adrenalin combined with lack of sleep/food or something. I know when I "psych" myself up I can usually run faster, think better, react quicker and have a fairly noticable increase in strength. Also I've noticed my body temperature significantly increases (to the touch, so it's not just in my mind).

In my case it's the whole mind over matter thing. But in yours it was probably due to the fact you're hitting your growth spurt, so ocassionaly you'll get rushes of adrenalin/testosterone making you feel stronger etc, and well...what teenager doesn't party themselves out or simply not get enough sleep/food to the point where they get head spins

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It felt like I was kinda sleeping but I could feel everything. Yeah I play sports all the time.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hi cpr ........waving to you from Utah!

When I was approaching adolesence I had similar 'quakings' in my body.

It could be that your 'higher self' had decided the time is right to raise your vibratory frequecies.........It does happen FAST and a person will experiance very strange bodily fellings when it comes upon you.

I would say YES, please go tell your medical doctor....make SURE all is well with you physically.......if nothing is wrong.....Then you can consider the idea that your frequencies are being lifted for you. Prayer on this matter can also give you insight as to what is going on......Meditate and look for answers from within yourself!

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm goign to the doctor's in a few weeks. i'll get it all checked out then.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'd suggest you get a checkup from your doctor, if all seems ok there it sounds like a form OOBE, or as therivergoddess said, vibrations. it may have been an energy line surge and you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What is an energy line surge?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
hey cpr im the same age as u and i had similar experience.

[edit on 17-10-2004 by bloodlust11009]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You have two different camps responding to your post. One being the "Metaphysical" believers and the others being more realists. Aside: I am not trying to insult anyone here. I am not saying one camp is wrong, but that please take everything you read with a grain of salt. In my experience people rarely belive anything with much ferverance (sp?) without some amount of evidence, the exception to this rule being stupid people who simply adopt a belief because it is "cool". There are not many stupid people here. Perhaps the Metaphysicals are on to something. I have not seen any evidence to support such things in my own life, however.

Believe what you will. Each to his own. Hope it is not some life-threatening problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Does anyone knwo what an energy lien surge is?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Does anyone knwo what an energy lien surge is?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner; the earth is made up of energy and this energy runs in various lines, sometimes these lines 'surge' due to a build up of some sort, my meaning being that you may have been above one at the time.

In response to NothingMakesSense, I can't really see the relation in context to the original post to your reply, but each to their own. I believe in both the metaphysical and the scientific depending on the situation.

Have you been to the Doctor's yet, cpr12r?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join