It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies under attack in counterterrorism training program

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

usnews.nbcnews.com

MilitaryTimes.com on Sunday reported that California-based security firm HALO Corp. will incorporate training to fight the undead during its Oct. 29 to Nov. 2 Counter-Terrorism Summit expected to draw 1,000 military personnel, law enforcement officials, medical experts and government workers to the 44-acre Paradise Point resort island in San Diego’s Mission Bay.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
HALO Corp?

Is this the real deal or are these people getting together on a posh island to practice their XBOX skills?

Anyway, this is very interesting considering the recent "zombie" events that have taken place. Do they know something we don't?

Are they prepping for an upcoming CDC event in which some nasty zombie virus is released onto the public, or are they just using the zombie theme to practice their core set of skills?

But a future crisis could arise from an outbreak of viruses that destroy brain cells and render people violently catatonic, like zombies, MilitaryTimes.com said.

Either way, this makes for an interesting read.

usnews.nbcnews.com
edit on 16-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Interesting to say the least. I have never heard of HALO corp, but then again there are a lot of private military corps out there.

Welcome to The HALO Corporation
The HALO Corporation is a California based organization founded by former Special Operations, National Security, and Intelligence personnel. HALO exists to provide safety and security for those in need and to improve: force protection, all aspects of security, humanitarian aid, and disaster response.

HALO has strategically aligned themselves with experts and academia from around the world. Combined, they have a long-standing tradition of excellence in the fields of counter-terrorism, physical and technical security, expeditionary logistics, disaster response, humanitarian aid, and international medicine.

The HALO Corporation

Star and flag.

-SAP-
edit on 16-9-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
after many years of intensive research, i have perfected my 'zombie repellent'.
thanx for the thread, i am now convinced i should look into marketing beyond just the citizenry.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Laugh all you want, but when the zombies come for your brain, you'll wish you had this training.

And I, for one, welcome our new zombie overlords...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is finteresting. Yes, finteresting with an F. I'll let you figure that out.

But anyway, if they believe a virus could destroy braincells and render human beings mindlessly violent sacks of meat, enough to train on how to combat such a scenario, then I am interested.

I've always considered the conventional idea of "zombies" to be impossible. There are numerous reasons a zombie outbreak would be quashed pretty quickly. A rotten bag of undead flesh cannot survive in the cold OR the heat. But if a real zombie outbreak occurred and the "zombies" were not actually rotten, but merely mentally corrupted due to some sort of brain parasite, then that could be much more plausible and deadly.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
This is finteresting. Yes, finteresting with an F. I'll let you figure that out.

But anyway, if they believe a virus could destroy braincells and render human beings mindlessly violent sacks of meat, enough to train on how to combat such a scenario, then I am interested.

I've always considered the conventional idea of "zombies" to be impossible. There are numerous reasons a zombie outbreak would be quashed pretty quickly. A rotten bag of undead flesh cannot survive in the cold OR the heat. But if a real zombie outbreak occurred and the "zombies" were not actually rotten, but merely mentally corrupted due to some sort of brain parasite, then that could be much more plausible and deadly.

At first I shared your opinion that the common version of zombies could not exist in the real world.

However, after doing some reading, I was actually baffled by the abilities of biology and how far it can go. Some of those aspects are present in our everyday life. We just don't notice it.

For instance, cancer. Sadly it's very common, but cancer is an actual biologic and genetic disorder. Some cells get out of control, get the wrong instructions and start to replicate with nefarious effects to the person who is suffering from it. If genetics can cause that kind of weird behavior, it's possible that a new configuration to the genetic material would cause a subject to become zombie-like.

for that to happen, the change would require that complex neural processes would stop and primal and animalistic instincts to continue. Physical changes could also adapt, like blocking pain signals, which would cause a lack of awareness of injury, making the subject very prone to having open wounds, untreated.

People with certain mental problems or disorders can develop very odd behavior, or even excessive aggression. Psycopath's have their abits studied and conclusions were made regarding their mental health. If a couple of wires crossed in our minds can make old grandpa unrecognizavble, then it's safe to assume that a virus that would target certain mental and physical areas could turn someone into a zombie.

Zombies would be limited to biological conditions, but if we look at how far our biological comditions can go, it starts to look quite plausible.

But, regardless, all this would require a very advanced research and development team, plus advanced technological means and knowledge. Knowledge that I believe we still do not have. Like, as an example, genetic manipulation.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This crapola really ends here. Not On My Watch do they get to release any such virus. I ask in the Name of the Spirit of Peace and Love, Mother/Father, and Christ Yeshua that all the cosmos, those who serve Love and Goodness and all those From Above, the Good Family will help this planet and free us from the rule of those who wish to harm humanity and save every single person from all danger, and not allow the free will of bullies to over power anyones free will to live in equality, abundance and safety. I ask for all in need, the homeless, the poor, and all families, all children, all people, and all in the hidden places, victims of their rituals as well, be rescued and healed and given only goodness and love and abundance. May we all walk in peace, love, beauty, grace, abundance and really learn to understand and appreciate each other fully. Please forgive them and heal the minds, hearts and souls of all who plan such events and bring their plans to nothing. Thank You so much. Amen.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The dates kinda lead me to believe its their way to celebrate Halloween. I would much shoot zombies than go trick or treating.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
NO zombies....just not possible.....we can't even cure the common cold. NOW we can create zombies.....in their dreams. This is just a diversion, I'm not even for sure from whom. Maybe too many people have watched
"The hills have eyes"....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

usnews.nbcnews.com

MilitaryTimes.com on Sunday reported that California-based security firm HALO Corp. will incorporate training to fight the undead during its Oct. 29 to Nov. 2 Counter-Terrorism Summit expected to draw 1,000 military personnel, law enforcement officials, medical experts and government workers to the 44-acre Paradise Point resort island in San Diego’s Mission Bay.

Hey there Sheepslayer ~ !!!

I remember you from couple of my threads and the odd one is the fact that you posted this thread on the same day I had a strange night visit.

Maybe it has something to do with this it was from a woman she informed me that "24 have been broken and 25 still remain" So.... call me paranoid but I think they are about to break another of whatever it is they are breaking. Which means we should be prepped for something interesting yet odd to occur maybe ~ ????

So... I am going to share something I did not yet share. Yes ~ !!!! There is a virus that turns people into monsters or better know yet as beasts. However, I will not go into too much great detail as to what this virus is. But.... the partial neurological shut down symptom is only part of it.

Now the question is why would they be running these simulations so soon ~ ???

It was not meant to happen for another couple years. Unless........ something is pushing them to act quickly to execute their plans but what would that be ~ ???

Anyway..... I am off to question as to why this whole crayola is happening ahead of scheduled time and what in the bloody hell is going on here.
edit on 16-9-2012 by The Magicians Apprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Speaking of genetic manipulation, it might surprise you to know that a group of scientists have recently concluded a decade-long research project which identifies previously labeled "junk DNA" as useful material. Basically, our entire understanding of DNA and genetics will likely change in the near future when these geneticists further identify the precise functions of every single piece of DNA in a human being.

Source

Or this.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Anyway, this is very interesting considering the recent "zombie" events that have taken place. Do they know something we don't?

I believe that has been tied to the use of some new not-yet-illegal drug. And media hype leading to cases that usually don't see much attention (involving cannibalism) now getting attention because there's "something new going on" (something the media hasn't covered in a while and is getting like-new viewership).

Are they prepping for an upcoming CDC event in which some nasty zombie virus is released onto the public, or are they just using the zombie theme to practice their core set of skills?

I would say that it's got a lot to do with it being over Halloween.

Mostly, however, just a way to practice skills with a biowar context to practice various strategies for dealing with biowarfare in general.

It's one thing to practice killing each other. It's a completely different thing to do that in chemical suits, masks, etc. Simple tasks turn into monkey #ing a football with the gloves - fields of view go out the window with the masks, and vocal communication is comical while breathing heavily and trying to yell through a respirator.

Zombies just make it a lot more fun and engaging. You don't have to try and bring politics into the tactical picture (like most exercises will do). Everyone can just focus on how best to keep zombies from taking over and whether or not what they are doing is effective. And you can arbitrarily give the zombies different characteristics... "let's just say it just makes people hyper-aggressive, they still retain higher motor function and some reasoning - so OPFOR can use recon and squad tactics"

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The zombie fad is a godsend for some people. It allows survivalists and preppers to add a fun twist and seem less crazy. I have seen many army surplus stores using the zombie fad to sell merch. I would say that very soon you will see it used to recruit people to the military as I assume enlistments are low.

Zombies are popular so it's only natural that certain groups take advantage.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think this is just a way to inject some fun into their training by using Pop Culture.

Nothing nefarious here.

Whether it be Zombies (viral pandemic), Natural Disasters, Terrorists, etc. They will all require the same set of preparedness skills and training.

edit on 17-9-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Zombies are nothing to worry about. I've killed thousands of them on DayZ.

It's the humans we need to watch over our backs for...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well, what would be the most efficient method of ridding the world of it's population, besides those in power? Spread a virus, and take the antidote. Think about it, lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
The zombie fad is a godsend for some people. It allows survivalists and preppers to add a fun twist and seem less crazy. I have seen many army surplus stores using the zombie fad to sell merch. I would say that very soon you will see it used to recruit people to the military as I assume enlistments are low.

Zombies are popular so it's only natural that certain groups take advantage.

That's all I hope this is. I don't doubt that our scientists have/will create a "zombie" virus, but I maintain hope that this is just a cool way of getting these guys into their training.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It would be interesting to see how they will simulate large scale urban combat agaibst "zombies"!

On one hand i find this funny because zombies as we know it are a product of hollywood. Imagine the resources required to run this exercise?

On the other hand, i guess it would be a good idea to develop contingency plans in the off chance that a pandemic leaves people brain dead and blood thursty!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

I would say that it's got a lot to do with it being over Halloween.

Mostly, however, just a way to practice skills with a biowar context to practice various strategies for dealing with biowarfare in general.

It's one thing to practice killing each other. It's a completely different thing to do that in chemical suits, masks, etc. Simple tasks turn into monkey #ing a football with the gloves - fields of view go out the window with the masks, and vocal communication is comical while breathing heavily and trying to yell through a respirator.

Zombies just make it a lot more fun and engaging. You don't have to try and bring politics into the tactical picture (like most exercises will do). Everyone can just focus on how best to keep zombies from taking over and whether or not what they are doing is effective. And you can arbitrarily give the zombies different characteristics... "let's just say it just makes people hyper-aggressive, they still retain higher motor function and some reasoning - so OPFOR can use recon and squad tactics"

That would make sense if they were actually going to train that way. (I don't know if they intend to or not). What bugs me about this is that they will apparently have medical personel training there too. How far do they plan to immerse themselves in the "zombie" scenario? Because I can see field training for a medic getting off track pretty easily as far as wound assessment and triage are concerned.

An instructor of mine used to say "Practice won't make perfect if you're doing it wrong". So, yeah, do they know something we don't?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join