It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this taking protesting too far?

page: 1

join
share:
AF1

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Author of this site claims that United States were invaders of Europe during world War II.

A reminder of the aims of the demonstration, from the formal request to the municipality of Margraten, near Maastricht....

"The demonstration on May 25 is against the US invasion of Europe in 1944-1945, against the presence of US troops in Europe, and to demand the withdrawal of those troops. It is also directed against the American soldiers buried at Margraten: they fought as conquerors, to subject Europe to American values and American interests. They deserve no honour, and certainly no gratitude. They should be reburied in the US.

The demonstration is against the Europe of the Nation States - supported by the US - and for the formation of a continental state. It is against nationalism and liberalism, and against Atlanticism - which combines both these ideologies with uncritical admiration for American society. It is also directed against the slavish attitude of the national elites in western Europe, who kneel before the American flag, and unjustly honour the American dead."

belgium.indymedia.org...

dom

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Freedom of speech has it's down points.

I'd agree that this is taking things too far. Although there is a half-rational point that the US didn't just get involved in WW2 for altruistic reasons. They got involved because (a) they were attacked by Japan, (b) they wanted to help out the British, (c) self-interest.

It's fair to say that the US profited from WW2 in a very big way. Just look at the balance of world power before and after... (but I don't think that US involvement was all about allowing this to happen)

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
well, if I was a nazi I'd think they invaded germany too!

#ing Nazis

join