It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida 04 - Not this time Bushies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks like another repeat of the Florida vote 2000 debacle, something I personally consider the greatest failure to democracy, freedom and constitutional rights.

In '04 Florida, Lawsuits Begin Before Election

We're watching ya Bushies, no slick stuff will work this time around ya'll hear!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
there was no slick stuff last time around, unless you count the democrats attempts to disenfranchise the military vote.

the democrats have manufactured the BIG LIE, and now they perpetuate that lie by "filing lawsuits" that actually are groundless.

Their campaign literature evens states that they should make-up instances of voter harassment, even though none is evident.

your party sucks.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
But who's watching the Dems, having the Dems watching the election is like having a fox guard the hen house.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

But who's watching the Dems,

No,

This years elections will be monitored by a UN approved non-partisan vote legitimacy committtee.

The world is watching

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
But who's watching the people who's watching the Dems who's watching the republicans?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think any voter intimidation is wrong, but I think both sides have done this in the past.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think it's the Bushies that need to be watching the Dems! I started a link yesterday about the DNC's manual that encourages the Dems to cry voter intimidation before it happens! It seems to me that this election is going to be far worse than 2000 because the Dems have their lawyers ready to cry foul if Kerry doesn't win.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jemison

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The UN.

Don't make me laugh.

Too bad minority congressman don't understand the meaning of the word national sovereignty, and insist on perpetuating a hoax.

like I said.

your party sucks.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I guess everyone forgot that BUsh lost the popular vote and only won because of florida's electoral votes.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
that is how our system works.

try reading the US Constitution.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

that is how our system works.

try reading the US Constitution.

True, but doesn't mean it's a working system...

Instead of the state winner getting all of the state's electoral votes, candidates should receive a fraction of them relative to their percentage of the popular vote, imho....
Just a thought.

May be different this time... At least in my area, WAY more Kerry/Edwards signs up than Bush/Cheney...

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
what about all the black votes that were going to the dems that were thrown out. Or the absantee ballots? Now I am neither repub or a dem but there was something afoul last election, & I feel it just might happen in this election as well.

A thread I started about the an AP "test story".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
hey...if you don't know how to punch a ballot, or accidentally vote for both candidates...you spoil the ballot and your vote is forfeited.

no legitimate ballots were thrown out.

none.

and gazrok...fine...start a constitutional amendment, and maybe it will pass by 2008.

but the law is the law. (at least it used to be).

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
This years elections will be monitored by a UN approved non-partisan vote legitimacy committtee.

Sorta true. It's an independent group. It's not part of the UN.
HOWEVER, it does have something in common with the UN.
It's corrupt to the core and definately not non-partisan

michnews.com...

Read up on the foxes that will be watching on November 2nd.
They are a scurvy bunch ... just the kind the corrupt UN likes.

This is outrageous!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Bush in 2000 and I won't vote for him in 2004.

That said, I believe he won the popular vote in Florida; and, according to the newspapers, every recount scheme requested or talked about would've kept Bush's plurality, although in a couple of cases it would've been awfully small.

But it's irrelevant; Bush is President and will probably be until 2008, and Al Gore will probably never be elected President of anything.

The only polling I pay attention to is the Rasmussen Poll (www.rasmussenreports.com...); they've been right almost every time over the past years.

As of today, with new respondents and polls taken after the last debate, here is what they're saying :

"The Presidential debates are over and the election is just two-and-a-half weeks away. The latest Rasmussen Reports Presidential Tracking Poll shows President George W. Bush with 49% of the vote and Senator John Kerry with 46%. The Tracking Poll is updated daily by noon Eastern.

Voters surveyed last night declared the third and final debate a tie, with fans of each candidate thinking their man won. The number of voters who prefer Bush over Kerry on both national defense and the economy has returned to the levels that existed before the first debate."

Rasmussen also predicts a presidential election by determining which states (on a daily basis) lean towards Bush or lean towards Kerry; and then use those states' electoral votes to provide insights as to how the electoral vote will go.

With 538 electoral votes up for grabs, those states which lean Bush comprise 240 electoral votes; those which lean Kerry comprise 194. It requires 270 electoral votes to win, the balance (nine states with 104 electoral votes) are too close to call.

Those states comprise: Colorado (9), Iowa (7), Michigan (17), Minnesota (10), Nevada (5), New Mexico (5), Ohio (20), Pennsylvania (21), and Wisconsin (10).

If these states hold to their present course (and we can't say for sure that they will), then -- realistically -- if President Bush carries just one of the remaining big three (Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Michingan), he will be re-elected.

As of yesterday at noon EST, the poll in Florida showed Bush 51%, Kerry 47%.

Again, I did not vote for Bush last time and this time either. But I feel pretty confident in making three statements:

1. Kerry cannot win the election;

2. Bush can lose the election;

3. He probably won't.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Instead of the state winner getting all of the state's electoral votes, candidates should receive a fraction of them relative to their percentage of the popular vote, imho....
Just a thought.

No; that would destroy the purpose and meaning of the Electoral College in the first place. The whole point of the Electoral College is to protect the smaller states' rights to have a voice in national elections, so that the larger states don't dominate. It also protects people living in rural areas, giving them a voice in national elections so that they aren't dominated by those living in the big cities. It creates a balance that makes it more representative than a single count of the popular vote would do.

The only thing that really needs to be fixed in the Electoral College is to require that the electoral votes for a state be given automatically to the candidate who won the popular vote; even then, 25 states already have this law, and in the other 25 that don't, an electoral vote going for the candidate that didn't win the popular vote in that state is extremely rare.

Just make it law that the electoral votes for a state be given automatically to the candidate who won the popular vote, and the Electoral College will be perfect.

As for the UN "monitoring" US elections... not only is this a dangerous precendent for the US, but the UN is not neutral. Personally, I forsee the UN "monitors" trying to rig the election in Kerry's favor -- after all, Kerry has said many times that he'll play the UN's (and EU's) games, while Bush refuses to kiss their feet and be their ideological servant...

[edit on 10/16/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
But who's watching the people who's watching the Dems who's watching the republicans?

Jesus. And he's crying.

[edit on 10-16-2004 by Loki]

LL1

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A friend of mine comes to NY for the summers and returns when
it gets too cold here in NY. Well the other day I was informed she was
not mailed her absentee ballot, when she called to get info on the provided
number, no answer.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"hey...if you don't know how to punch a ballot, or accidentally vote for both candidates...you spoil the ballot and your vote is forfeited.

no legitimate ballots were thrown out." moxyone

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! That is thee greatest piece of brainwashed bs propaganda, ever! Acording to you, everyone who voted for Gore were stupid. "Hey! You voted for Gore in a state controlled by Bush's brother, you must be stupid to think they won't throw it out!" Well, wait, that's true, are stupid to vote for Gore when you know the vote will be thrown out because it was a vote for Gore. And all those absentee ballots? Where they go? Or the LAW is that if you are waiting in line to vote and the polls close, you are still allowed to vote. Unless you are a registered democrat in which case they send the National Guard/police on you to drive you away.(yes, in Florida folks, only there could this have happened)

Odd

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I can't beleive you (the original poster) would go so far as to blame every Republican in Florida like that. How can you make generalizations like that and still consider yourself the moral superior?

When a party has to insinuate that the entire opposition is untrustworthy, they have entered the magical wonderland of desperation. Ain't it great?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join