It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't believe a lot of French or German posters will post on this forum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Good post Otts.
As you so well said, people are not their politics.
I think that no major country represented on this board has clean hands over Iraq, (except maybe Canada because they don't do anything, but then is canada a major anything??)

Corruption, lies and pragmatism are the tools that the big 5 countries use to get their own political ends in the world.

Despite cargo's whiney little dig, there is no "anti french, or german" clique here on the board, the people are not the politics, we abuse everyone equally.
Our resident Froggy, Nans, who recently left persued , it seems by the fbi, was a great poster and sadly missed.

But really, an american trying to take the moral high ground by challanging French or Germans to stand up and justify their policies is laughable considering recent events in the world. I think any foreign posters would see it as hypocritical as it looks, and not feel threatened by it.

I have compiled a French information sheet for those wishing to learn more about the culture to foster world wide cultural understanding.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
hi,

that's a great thread!

I don't think germans hate the US! Everyone i know dreams of going to america but some are
a bit confused because of the extensive security checks at the airports.
My little brother recently was 1 year in arizona for a school exchange project. He was so
excited of your land, he nearly doesn't came back.
I think everyone who was in america falls in love with it instantly.

Michael Moore, for example, is very famous in germany too. We don't hear/see everything what's
happening in the usa. People, who see the moore films, think "what a bad country!?"
Somehow moore is a hate mongerer. We only hear bad news from the USA, that's how their
opinions distort.

regards,

l33chy

new topics

<< 1   >>

join