It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's All Freaked Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
At a young age I learned that if you want to buy an automobile, and you aren't buying a used vehicle form an individual, you have to go through a gauntlet of con games. For whatever reason, we are forced to deal with these types of sleazy tactics to purchase a mode of transportation that has been made necessary by our nations infrastructure. Now days we are forced to go through this same gauntlet of con games in every business transaction we engage in.

It reminds me of Clint Eastwoods recent empty chair interview at the recent Republican convention. In Clint's first big screen appearance he played in a musical titled "Paint Your Wagon", where he played a young rube during the American gold rush. Clint then went on to play the ultimate American tough guy in a series of "spaghetti westerns", who beats the bad guys by beating them at their own game. It seems that Clint's whole career has been replaying this same role, and he played the this role with his empty chair interview, except everything has gotten twisted around.

In the movies, when the bad guys realize they got beat at their own game, they would get mad and mean, and pull their pistols, and the fight would be on. Of course, Clint, being the ultimate tough guy, would blast em full of holes and fill them full of lead, which of course we all loved.

In the real world, we can't do this, at least not anymore.

If you get conned, too bad for you. If the con artists get beat, they put real meaning in the phrase "it's all over now but the crying". There will be tears, fake tears, but tears all the same.

The thing is, in the real world, things need to happen to put bacon on the table. All these con games do result in a lot of con artists making a whole lot of money, but they are making it impossible to put bacon on the table.

So these days, the world seems to be ran by the con artists, the bad guys. They are laughing all the way to the bank, but the bank is ran by con artists, and the banking con artists have gambled away everyone's money, and their big plan is to stick future generations with the bill.

The old expression "it's in the bank" doesn't mean what it used to,

And that is why things are all freaked up.

edit on 15-9-2012 by poet1b because: Typos

edit on 15-9-2012 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If you think buying a car is a bad con, try buying a house.

I just went through it, and from every step of the process i was like "WTF?"

The whole system is designed to bilk you of the maximum amount of cash, it makes no sense, the entire process is screwed.

From the moment you decide to start looking to the last day of closing you have people with their hand in your wallet.

Its almost like they don't want you to buy a house in the first place, no wonder the housing market is so F-ed up, half way through the process I wanted to almost call it off and just rent.

If interest rates weren't so low (got 3.5 fixed) we probably would of called it off through it, it ended up taking 60 days to close a simple 30 year fixed rate loan, and that was with a large down.

I can imagine when you add the government subsidized FHA loans and such.

No wonder banks are failing, they are trapped in processes from the stone age with no sign of modernizing, and its all so they can get the most money out of the consumers.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

What you have to go through to purchase a home is a great example.

I been through this three times now, and it is a big con. FHA has nothing to do with it. My first place I got with a VA loan, and they look after you, put in requirements that shut down a lot of the con schemes. I purchased a home back in my he town in the Midwest for my mother, and they didn't have any of these gouging schemes in place.

This is a big part of the reason home prices have skyrocketed. The whole mortgage crisis was created by these con games.

Now days, practically all businesses are ran with these con games.

It just keeps getting worse.

new topics

join