It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Police Find Hideout of Malaysian Bomb Makers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A powerful explosion that occurred at a rented house in West Java is thought to be an accident at a terrorist's hideout. Police that arrived at the scene found backpacks in the house that contained bombs. The four men that were living at the house fled after the explosion, and have not yet been found.

washingtimes.com - Police link discovered bombs to terrorists
Indonesian police said Friday two bombs found at a house in West Java might be the work of two Malaysian terrorists wanted for major bombings in the country.

National police chief Gen. Da'i Bachtiar said the bombs, found inside two backpacks, were discovered following a powerful explosion Thursday night at a rented house in the West Java district of Cianjur.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The men living in the rented house are thought to belong to the same group that carried out the October 2002 Bali bombings, and also the bombing at the Australian Embassy last month. The groups name is Jemaah Islamiyah, and authorities have found many links between this group and al-Qaida. Cianjur is also the hometown of the man who detonated last months suicide bomb at the Australian Embassy.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I was going to say that must have been the result of some good intel and solid police work - then I read the story LOL

Just a pity those 2 got away (for now).

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think the bombmaker that was all thumbs helped out the police tremendously. Things like this are hard to find, and it makes you wonder how much of this is going on

join