It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mugabe lashes out at Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This has to be one of the funniest articles ever. Mugabe, the tinpot dictator, with gross human rights violations on his hands, people starving en mass due to the misadministration by his "ruling party", whites having to either flee the country or die as part of the ethnic cleansing process taking place in Zimbabwe, his government's goons clamped down on intellectual and cultural freedom by ordering Gays And Lesbians of Zimbabwe (GALZ) kicked out of the 1995 Zimbabwe International Book Fair. Then he further sullied his image by calling homosexuals "sodomists and sexual perverts" who had no human rights at all. There were more than a thousand reports of torture at the hands of the police and security services last year.

I think his speech at the United Nations against George W is probably worth a million american votes for Bush.

"UNITED NATIONS: Zimbabwe's leader Robert Mugabe warned that global politics dominated by one superpower was dangerous, calling the US president a ‘‘political god'' and the British prime minister ‘‘his prophet.''

In a speech to the UN General Assembly, the 80-year-old leader said the US-led war in Iraq and its aftermath had gone against UN values and warned of ‘‘the perils inherent in the status quo, particularly with regard to the dominance of global politics by one superpower and its closest allies.''

‘‘We are now being coerced to accept and believe that a new political-cum-religious doctrine has arisen, namely that there is but one political god, George W. Bush, and Tony Blair is his prophet,'' Mugabe added, drawing a small scattering of applause.

Mugabe also called for reforming the United Nations and its related bodies to make them more democratic and suggested the United States and its allies have blocked efforts that might diminish their power.

‘‘Debate on the reform of the Security Council has been too long-drawn because of attempts calculated to protect those whose interests are best served by the status quo,'' he said.

‘‘Ironically, it is some of the same forces that since last year have been raining bombs and hell-fire on innocent Iraqis purportedly in the name of democracy.''

en.wikipedia.org...
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
www.alertnet.org...

I remember while working at the UN that the ambassador of Pakistan standing up in the Third Committee and saying ( I am paraphrasing ) : "For my esteemed colleague from India to speak of human rights is like the devil himself quoting from the holy koran."

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Mynaeris]

join