It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry for the Middle Class...and you believe it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I listen to you edsinger, and I hear an idealist lurking below the surface, just waiting to burst free to glorious freedom.

Hate. you seem to strongly dislike this ideal of hate.

How is this any different from the massive, massive, massive numbers of people in this world who want to end bloodshed through peace, and not through fighting.

Don't say that it won't work, because we've never truly tried it. The US is always at war. We just don't always have CNN covering it.

I can feel you wanting to scream your heads of at perpetrators of crime, I can sense your anger towards those that seek to harm our country...yet they sit no further than Washington, DC.

How can we allow representatives that will vote to line their own pockets rather than vote to protect their constituency's ideals to continue to sit? Lobbyists and special interest groups are creating an unstoppable rot in our Governmental system, and we are held powerless to stop it.

It makes you want to scream, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Can someone explain to me with this isn't in the Mudpit section?

Because it clearly has facts backing it up - didn't you see all the statistics of Bush tax cuts?

Please liberals, EXPLAIN JOHN KERRYS VOTING RECORD AND SPIN BUSH'S TAX CUTS.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would like nothing more than to start over in Washington, but at the moment, I do not feel that we even have a choice but to Vote for Bush. Kerry os disqualified from even running yet he does.

We are at war.....did you know that Christ hated one thing, Divorce.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Please liberals, EXPLAIN JOHN KERRYS VOTING RECORD AND SPIN BUSH'S TAX CUTS.

They cant, they just keep saying that 89Billion went to the top 2 % of te population and yet fail to etll you that the top 20% pay 80% of the taxes in this country...

They spin...thats all..the real facts are out there...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
edsinger.

Christ doesn't hate ANYTHING, despite what you believe.

he disapproves of divorce, but disapproves even more of hatred.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
George Bush for the people and you actually believe it?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
edsinger.

Christ doesn't hate ANYTHING, despite what you believe.

he disapproves of divorce, but disapproves even more of hatred.

And I quote :

Mal 2:16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

Zec 8:17 do not plot evil against your neighbor, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this," declares the LORD.

And what price do we Christians pay for our belief? We can see it by the sheer hostility to some of our posts, but it is only the few.....

Mat 10:22 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Luke 21:17 All men will hate you because of me.18 But not a hair of your head will perish.19 By standing firm you will gain life.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
How about allowing those with an opposite view point express it without you jumping all over them?

You've become the ATS terrorist. Simmer down.

Does anyone else find this unpleaseant? I sure do.
Give it a rest.

What I find unpleasant are liberals who can dish it out, but when the tables are turned, they can't take it.
Now, dgtempe, I am NOT singling you out, just using your statements to make my point.

Why is it okay to attack Bush, but not Kerry? I don't understand this one-sided way of thinking.
If you don't like what a Bush supporter has to say, you could simply avoid posting on that thread. If only those who supported the original post replied, the post would probably run its course much sooner.
So, in a way, your complaints only keep these threads going on longer and stronger than the would have had you chose to not post here.

I may not agree with everything edsinger has to say, but I uphold his right to voice his opinion, as I uphold the opposing side the right to voice theirs

That being said, both Kerry and Bush had not had to want for much in their lives. I don't think either has the best interests of the waning middle class at heart. But, I will vote for the enemy I know versus the enemy I don't know.
I hope, as these elections seem to sink further and further into the muck, that folks will wake up to the offerings of alternataive party candidates!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 16-10-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I stand corrected. I was brought up to believe that Christ did not hate.

What version do you quote from, edsinger?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I stand corrected. I was brought up to believe that Christ did not hate.

What version do you quote from, edsinger?

NIV
Mal 2:16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

NRSV
Mal 2:16 For I hate divorce, says the LORD, the God of Israel, and covering one's garment with violence, says the LORD of hosts. So take heed to yourselves and do not be faithless.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hm...I'm gonna have to go dig out my old dog-eared copy of the KJV.

('Twas what I learned my bible on. It's sad...kinda like learning to code html on an apple IIE.
)

But, I guess you can't really hate on a classic.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Hm...I'm gonna have to go dig out my old dog-eared copy of the KJV.

('Twas what I learned my bible on. It's sad...kinda like learning to code html on an apple IIE.
)

But, I guess you can't really hate on a classic.

KJV
Mal 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Ed, you should either get off your duff and go to war or get a job. Your right winged rants are pathetic, you run for president on ATS, you attack anyone with an oposite point of view, you OWN ATS now. huh?

How about allowing those with an opposite view point express it without you jumping all over them?

Give it a rest.

Keep it up, ed. It's good to see someone around here who isn't jaded beyond sentience. There are certain people who feel that if baseless assaults are their only tool, no one should be able to counter with reason.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobby
I keep hearing dirt on Bush well here's some about Kerry.
Please go to the website very interesting reading.

I recieve alerts all the time from terroristwarning and this morning I recieved one regarding Kerry how hundreds of thousands of dollars have been given to Kerry from the pro-Iranian lobby , possibly influencing the presidential candidate's startling call to provide Tehran with the nuclear fuel it seeks.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Hobby]
Sorry, this is bunk. try something else from a better and more credible site

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Ed, you should either get off your duff and go to war or get a job. Your right winged rants are pathetic, you run for president on ATS, you attack anyone with an oposite point of view, you OWN ATS now. huh?

Give it a rest.

Keep it up, ed. It's good to see someone around here who isn't jaded beyond sentience. There are certain people who feel that if baseless assaults are their only tool, no one should be able to counter with reason.
You're right . why should I impose on someone's last desperate attempts of trying to get Bush more votes? Time's almost up
my bad.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You're right . why should I impose on someone's last desperate attempts of trying to get Bush more votes? Time's almost up
my bad.
[edit on 16-10-2004 by dgtempe]

YOu actually think I will change your minds? Or that is my intentions? Come on get serious, I am outnumbered here 40-1. All I want you to do is when you are filling your ballot out to know who you willingly vote for. You are the one that has to live with the choice...Man that was funny!

[edit on 17-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
edsinger, edsinger, tisk, tisk.

George Bush good for the middle class? What ever you are smoking could you let me know? I have to try some of that. It must block out all reality.

John F. Kerry I believe genuinely thinks about the middle class. I may not agree with all his policies, but am reasonable enough to realize i don't have all the answers either.

Bush doesn't even pretend to give a sh*t about the middle class.

"This is between the haves and the have mores"

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
At least Kerry is aiming for the Middle Class. He wants to help, he targeting the middle class, believing they need attention.

Bush listens to the lobbyist, the rich.

Kerry saying people like him should get tax cuts, is a start.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well I disagree, I am in the middle class and I would much rather me spend my hard earned money than uncle sam. Kerry has fed you a line of #. He is an extremely liberal senator and will redistribute income from those that have to those that dont (deserved or not)

I directly saw a benifit to the tax cuts and since I am in industry I can see that boom that has begun, I ahvent seen it this good in a ling time, like the very early nineties....

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahsingjai
At least Kerry is aiming for the Middle Class. He wants to help, he targeting the middle class, believing they need attention.

Bush listens to the lobbyist, the rich.

Kerry saying people like him should get tax cuts, is a start.

Ok lets back up a sec.

He is aiming for the middle class during and election, you have already siad his plan to raise taxes on the rich. This would not be totally bad but these are the ones that drive growth in an economy. Kerry has said he wants about 2 Trillion in more spending. Even IF he repealed Bushs cut to the rich, at 90billion a year, that falls way short. So you figure it out. Bush's dad tried the same crap and had to raise taxes, but who did he raise them on?

Luxury Boats for example--- well no one bought them and the builders lost their jobs.

another example was beer. Well he lost my vote in 1992 for that reason. I wrote Nixon in!

Sumation = Kerry will raise taxes on the middle class as well, and you will have less money.

If Bush's economy keeps growing, government revenue will catch up as it did in Clintons first term from the Reagan/Bush years,

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join