It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry for the Middle Class...and you believe it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Well lets see if we can actually disscuss that isn't very easy to make Ted Kennedy the conservative senator from Massachusetts. Thoughts?

Invariably in ever speech, John Kerry tells his audience that the taxes on the middle class are too high. If he and John Edward's are elected it will be their priority to lower taxes, especially for the Middle Class. Is this the cry of a fiscal conservative or is he just pandering to a crowd, which ABC News defines as too stupid, too ignorant, or too benighted to know the legislative history of John Kerry?

The National Journal, the non-ideological, authoritative weekly magazine that covers Washington politics and policy, issued its congressional vote ratings for 2003, in February 2004. Not surprisingly, Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry was on the far-left fringe on the National Journal's liberal-conservative continuum. On a scale that ranges from 0 to 100, Mr. Kerry compiled a composite liberal score for 2003 of 96.5, the highest in the Senate. It was the fourth time in his 20-year Senate career that Mr. Kerry compiled a composite voting record that was unsurpassed in its liberalism by any of the other 99 members of the Senate.

Also he claims that George W. Bush is only interested in lowering taxes for those making more than $200,000. However under President Bushs 2004 plan 109 million taxpayers will see their taxes decline by an average of $1,544, a family of four earning $40,000 will receive tax relief of $1,933, nearly 5 million individuals and families will see their income tax liabilities completely wiped out, 42 million families with children will get an average tax cut of $2,067, 13 million elderly individuals will see an average tax cut of $1,795, 25 million small business owners will save an average of $2,853, and, low-income families will benefit from provisions making the child credit refundable.

bushcountry.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
seriously grow up edsinger. All you do is stay on this ATS forum attacking Kerry and anyone who doesn't see things your way.

It would be much better if you didn't believe the Bush administrations lies. These guys are the rich and they are for the rich.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
seriously grow up edsinger. All you do is stay on this ATS forum attacking Kerry and anyone who doesn't see things your way.

It would be much better if you didn't believe the Bush administrations lies. These guys are the rich and they are for the rich.

thanks,
drfunk

Well all my threads are not about SKerry. Lies? ok sure go here and get lies.....rich lies

www.georgesoros.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
John Kerry is completely out of touch with reality. Especially the reality of the "middle class".

Besides growing up a silver spooner, he has never worked a day in his life, other than his military career.

He has hopped from one political job to the next, often not serving out the terms he was committed to.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
John Kerry for the Middle Class...and you believe it?

I am sick of this lame junk. Niether of them have any idea about the middle classes. they are both from ultra-rich families, an elitist world of secret societies that spend their time getting each other to the top.

Why can't you see that they are both idiots? Why not try and fight the awfulll political system in America rather than throwing their pointless mud for them.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Flag
John Kerry is completely out of touch with reality. Especially the reality of the "middle class".

Besides growing up a silver spooner, he has never worked a day in his life, other than his military career.

He has hopped from one political job to the next, often not serving out the terms he was committed to.

And you're implying that Bush is ANY different? They're both a couple of spoiled rich kids that HAVE never and WILL never experience a middle class existence.. So, no matter what either of them claim, or say, they can not and will not ever truly relate to the majority of American citizens..
Anyone who believes otherwise is truly an uneducated dolt that deserves to live in ignorance..

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Niether lived middleclass lives, but Bush policies will be much better for the worker hence the middleclass.

Liberals raise taxes, rich dont pay them.....

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Like I've said before, they ALL lie and fill your head with a bunch of garbage and want you to believe them..........till you elect them, then things change and they don't fill there promises.
I personally believe Bush is a much stronger leader he puts up with "no" nonsense. Both Bush/Kerry have good and bad qualities. Kerry I think is a marshmallow he does not have the back bone Bush has. I have watched the debates and I'm hoping Bush wins this election.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Kerry is not for the middle class ... except for maybe in his personal taxes. Didn't he only pay about 13% in taxes because of all of his write-offs and fancy tax dedcutions? The guy claims to be an evironmentalist and yet is heavily invested in oil. He claims that Bush is buddies with the pharmeceutical compaines and yet it is KERRYS personal portfolio that is filled with those. And God only knows what his wife is invested in.

Anyone who believes anything Kerry says is just going by blind faith. Look at the guys record, PLEASE! Historically he has been against almost everything that he is now promising. Obviously ALL candidates lie but what kills me is that Kerry has a 20 year Senate record so he DOES have a record and that record is NOT impressive, nor does it support anything close to what his campaign pitches are.

I'm still shaking my head trying to figure out how in the world people can believe that Kerry is the lesser of two evils. Maybe it's because the media is so soft on him and won't expose him on so many things. It's really frustrating.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I keep hearing dirt on Bush well here's some about Kerry.
Please go to the website very interesting reading.

I recieve alerts all the time from terroristwarning and this morning I recieved one regarding Kerry how hundreds of thousands of dollars have been given to Kerry from the pro-Iranian lobby , possibly influencing the presidential candidate's startling call to provide Tehran with the nuclear fuel it seeks. Check out the website www.terroristwarning.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Hobby]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
The guy claims to be an evironmentalist and yet is heavily invested in oil.

Anyone who believes anything Kerry says is just going by blind faith. Look at the guys record, PLEASE! Historically he has been against almost everything that he is now promising. Obviously ALL candidates lie but what kills me is that Kerry has a 20 year Senate record so he DOES have a record and that record is NOT impressive, nor does it support anything close to what his campaign pitches are.

I can see that you're trying real hard to make a comparison between oil and environmentalism here but it just isn't working. It's like you said, "Look at the guys record, PLEASE!"

I was almost in tears when Bush claimed that the air was cleaner since he became president. You must be going on blind faith.

Spinning the worst environmental record in history:
www.sierraclubvotes.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Were you asking a question? Did you want to discuss something? Ok, Kerry Sucks. Besides that, um, what?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ed, you should either get off your duff and go to war or get a job. Your right winged rants are pathetic, you run for president on ATS, you attack anyone with an oposite point of view, you OWN ATS now. huh?

How about allowing those with an opposite view point express it without you jumping all over them?

You've become the ATS terrorist. Simmer down.

Does anyone else find this unpleaseant? I sure do.
Give it a rest.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
How about allowing those with an opposite view point express it without you jumping all over them?

I agree, but that goes both ways. He has freedom of speech, just like you and I do.

What I find most amusing is that John Kerry is actually much wealthier than Geoge W. Bush.
When was the last time the U.S. had a President that was considered "middle class" or "poor," anyway? Or has it ever?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hm....

Let's see...if people start supporting edsinger's BS, then I'm going to need to start making decisions here...

Hey, would you guys give me your opinion on one thing?

Which business do you think would be more profitable:

Unmentionable and possibly corrupt work in Amsterdam,
Panhandling in Germany,
Or soldiery in the French army?

I need to figure this out because I may be moving to Europe before this is all over, especially if edsinger and people like him gain more political power.

I really wish people would just smarten up.

(if you're curious about what I mean, check the links in my sig.)

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me with this isn't in the Mudpit section?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The real issue is how come Bush (a President who could hardly do more for the ultra wealthy and already super-priviledged if he tried) has certain 'middle class' people (either those who actually are, or see themselves as or aspire to be m/c) brain-washed into thinking he gives a rats ass about them!?

The 'crumbs from the table' leg-humpers of the rich and powerful really are getting worked up that Kerry might not skew everything towards the 'love of their lives'.....and it's speaking volumes.

I wonder just how heavily the new 'sign-ups' are battering Bush's chances, if the reaction of his fan-base is anything to go by it would appear to be highly significant.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki

I need to figure this out because I may be moving to Europe before this is all over, especially if edsinger and people like him gain more political power.

Well in a way I want to say thanks
. Look Clinton won, I stayed and bitched, not much of an American if you want to leave. Kinda of like Alec Baldwin though, you will find a way to reneg on your promise.
If not may I suggest Paris?

[edit on 16-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz

I can see that you're trying real hard to make a comparison between oil and environmentalism here but it just isn't working. It's like you said, "Look at the guys record, PLEASE!"

Well one thing is consistant, the serria club is attacking the Republicans again, have they ever supported one?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ed, you should either get off your duff and go to war or get a job. Your right winged rants are pathetic, you run for president on ATS, you attack anyone with an oposite point of view, you OWN ATS now. huh?

I am helping in the war , unlike my accusers. I have a job, a family and a country that I DO think is worth fighting for. Sometimes when someone speaks they proves themselves clueless.

Originally posted by dgtempeHow about allowing those with an opposite view point express it without you jumping all over them?

Express away and I will give my viewpoint, that is what is done here.

Originally posted by dgtempeYou've become the ATS terrorist. Simmer down.

You now call me a terrorist? MODS ??? How can this be? I get multiple warnings for calling someone a nimcompoop and yet I can be called a terrorist. Well I am offended! But deep down I dont give a RAT's ASS, I just look at the source and I find peace in knowing that deep down they know I am right
, thats why there bitching. Where have I used violence? What Cyber-Violence?

terrorism
the systematic use of violence to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective. Terrorism has been practiced by political organizations ...

Main Entry: terrorism
Pronunciation: 'ter-&r-"i-z&m
Function: noun
the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

Originally posted by dgtempeDoes anyone else find this unpleaseant? I sure do. Give it a rest.

Hey, use the ignore button, or dont reply, or better yet dont read it!

Its called a mouse, you "scroll" down...problem solved.

But I will not leave while the young in here are being impressed with utopian ideas that wil never work, with lies that are spewed against a president for purley one reason HATE. Hate consumes a person, and these folks on the fringe that come in ATS to 'explore' need to hear another side to the story than the rebulicans = doom and gloom Democrats = fairness and equality. They are both crap.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join