It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stand blanket Bush bashers/Kerry Supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
And I'm far from being a Bush supporter! (Or a Kerry supporter, for that matter).

But I deal with this every day living on a college campus, and its SICKENING. People dislike Bush because it has become cool among 20-somethings to bash Bush and hail Kerry as the greatest thing since sliced bread, with usually little to no understandings of politics and U.S. Government whatsoever.

Basically, the argument goes: "MTV tells me that Bush is bad and Kerry is good, therefore it must be cool to make blanket assumptions about both candidates even though I can't name EITHER of their running mates"...or "Dave Matthews (ye of no originality or artistic merit) told me it's cool to hate Bush, therefore I'll be popular if I spread baseless diatribe on why Bush is evil and Kerry is the 2nd coming".

I mean people, wake up - THINK for yourselves...and for the love of God TURN OFF MTV!!!

I strongly dislike Bush myself but I'm no bigger of a fan of Kerry...both are mere pawns to the New World Order agenda. I actually have MORE respect for Bush supporters these days for the simple fact that they haven't bought into the MTV "Rock the Vote" hoopla.

Now, someone has to be with me on this...regardless of political affiliation. I actually can't talk to a lot of my friends these days leading up to the election because their baseless banter about how Bush is stupid and Kerry is Jesus Resurrected drives me absolutely insane.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I'm pretty sure I've posted about this numerous times too
. I actually am a Bush supporter, but I have good reasons. Also, I'm not die-hard. If he did a bunch of things I disagreed with, my support for him would go down. I like him because I've studied his position on the issues. I too am sick of the "blanket Bush bashers". I have friends like this at school. Particularly ONE friend who had MAJORLY bought into this crap. We'd be having political discussions at school, and he can barely think up one good reason he hates Bush. Then he tells me I'M the one who has no good reasons to support him. I literally sat there and rattled off about 9 or 10 good reasons straight into his face. He turned away and didn't listen. Then when I was done, he said it again. "You just bash my arguments, but you don't have any of your own". I couldn't believe it!!!!! He goes on the internet and prints off pages of bad things Bush has done...believing every one like it's a fact and there's no other side to it. He needs to think for himself, not decide his political affiliation based off of what he wants his immage to be.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So the high school that i go to is pro-kerry. and when i mean pro-kerry i mean in love with the man. me being a republican and a bush supporter (i have my reasons why) i feel out of place, especially in gov't class. when they start to whine about how awfull bush is and how much better kerry is it just up sets me so much. when i try to speak out i get shot down by some false acusation that they would have. its unbeliveable. the day after the debate, we always talk about it. the pro-kerry supporters brought up how bush was just factual. now correct me if im wrong but it seemed to me in all of the debates especially the third and last debate, kerry seemed to be the one spitting out the facts i.e. facts on arizona. i just feel that in the last debate i felt like kerry was trying to sell me something. did anyone else fell this way? i just get so frustrated in this class because of all the biased opinions.

-Dagger

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger
So the high school that i go to is pro-kerry. and when i mean pro-kerry i mean in love with the man. me being a republican and a bush supporter (i have my reasons why) i feel out of place, especially in gov't class. when they start to whine about how awfull bush is and how much better kerry is it just up sets me so much. when i try to speak out i get shot down by some false acusation that they would have. its unbeliveable. the day after the debate, we always talk about it. the pro-kerry supporters brought up how bush was just factual. now correct me if im wrong but it seemed to me in all of the debates especially the third and last debate, kerry seemed to be the one spitting out the facts i.e. facts on arizona. i just feel that in the last debate i felt like kerry was trying to sell me something. did anyone else fell this way? i just get so frustrated in this class because of all the biased opinions.

-Dagger

I got the same feeling from Kerry. He's a used car salesman...of the same ilk as Clinton. Both would make EXCELLENT used car salesmen.

Now I'm not a Bush supporter and I have my reasons...and I'm sure your reasons for supporting Bush are just as valid. THIS is what makes the country great - being able to think for yourself and not having to buy into mass opinion. Please - SPEAK OUT AGAINST KERRY AND FOR BUSH in your class. Please do it. I don't agree with Bush at all but the difference in opinion and tolerance of differing opinions is what makes this country great. I have a minority of friends who are Bush supporters...the majority are Kerry supporters. Yet my friends who are Bush supporters usually have much more reasoned and intellectual thoughts as to why they support Bush. The Kerry supporters simply watch sound bytes of Bush...laugh at his stupidity (the man is NOT stupid - as much as I disagree with him he is NOT stupid...he's not a good public speaker but neither am I - and I actually feel I relate to Bush when he speaks because I note some of the same difficulties when I try to speak in public...and my teachers, throughout my education - have always find my writing abilities remarkable. Bad public speaking is not indicative of intelligence...and I'm sure Bush is very capable in other mediums of communication). And my rant here may seem to contradict my supposition that I am a capable writer but I've had a bit to drink and constructive arguments are not my strong suit after a few drinks!

But please, I urge you, stand up for what you believe in! Anyone who truly believes in American Democracy and their candidate will listen to you and respect your beliefs! I myself do not believe in Kerry or Bush...but if anyone gives you lip for supporting Bush - I strongly doubt they have strong reasons for supporting Kerry other than the Bush is Stupid agenda that has been fed to them via Comedy Central, MTV and the internet.

Odd

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My educational career has seen me relegated to the infernal pits of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, wherein any given signpost can usually be seen plastered with liberal propaganda that could have been taken straight out of WWII-era Germany. Some of the assumptions these people make, and much of the credit they give to Kerry, are absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Bush sucks!! Go Kerry! @_@.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'll celebrate when the election is over no matter who wins. If Bush wins nothing will change & Kerry wins ..... nothing will change except instead of hearing liberals bitch & whine we can hear the right wingers bitch about higher taxes.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWObringer
Bush sucks!! Go Kerry! @_@.

LoL ... This is getting ridiculous is it not ?? Did someone really just post this ? It is almost as if it doesn't matter about anything anymore ... GUYS WAKE UP Quit playing around ... Jesus Christ .... Maybe we need to move the election age up .... I am 21 .. but these people are acting like 2 year olds ... This is not for your Class President anymore guys ... it has alot more to do with your country than just telling you what you will eat everyday. Although what am I complaining about I am the one sitting back and laughing at these stupid ass people who sue McDonalds for using grease that makes them fat. I guess I deserve these people coming back around and pulling something over on the ones of us that have sense left. If I could I would succeed from the Union ... Just me .... Screw the rest of ya'll .... I am a Texan ...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
laughing at these stupid ass people who sue McDonalds for using grease that makes them fat.

Well they sued small aircraft manufactures out of business, so we all have to build our own planes or buy one from the 70's. My friend build a little aircraft & the engine cost about 60k & it wasn't much more powerful than an automobile engine it's just the insurance cost for selling an engine for planes was probably more than 40k of the cost. Of course the liberals will remind you that only the government should own planes, so that's they way they want it.

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I agree PF. I just don't see how someone can be so for Kerry or Bush. They both have more than enough about them to make me sick having to pick one. I think I'm going Libertarian or Green, not that I really support any of them, but am using my vote to show we need more choices.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
In an election that faces the USA with a very divided population (remember the great statesman Bush himself said "You are either with us or against us") there are many people driven more by fear and loathing of some "other side" than by true respect for the leadership quality of a leader or a cabinet.

A personal take by someone who knows how deeply corrupt the Bush administration is, might be to rid the USA of that cancer at all costs.

A beneficiary of the Bush administration's corruption would take the role of denial, obfuscation and lies to attempt to keep their benefactor in power.

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider

Originally posted by bet555
laughing at these stupid ass people who sue McDonalds for using grease that makes them fat.

Well they sued small aircraft manufactures out of business, so we all have to build our own planes or buy one from the 70's. My friend build a little aircraft & the engine cost about 60k & it wasn't much more powerful than an automobile engine it's just the insurance cost for selling an engine for planes was probably more than 40k of the cost. Of course the liberals will remind you that only the government should own planes, so that's they way they want it.

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by outsider]

This is really really ridiculous ... If I want to fly I should be able to fly ... Hey this is somethign even more rediculous to think about .... What kind of order would there be if people could fly ??? Would there be any security at all ??

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
In an election that faces the USA with a very divided population (remember the great statesman Bush himself said "You are either with us or against us") there are many people driven more by fear and loathing of some "other side" than by true respect for the leadership quality of a leader or a cabinet.

A personal take by someone who knows how deeply corrupt the Bush administration is, might be to rid the USA of that cancer at all costs.

A beneficiary of the Bush administration's corruption would take the role of denial, obfuscation and lies to attempt to keep their benefactor in power.

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

MaskedAvatar ... What has happend that has been so horrible in the last 4 yearz ? We have been attacked once ... then what ??? The COLA is up 1.5% .... If you even have any idea what Cost of living is ... but you probably don't all you do is care about # that doesn't even pertain to you ... That BS about the #in planes ... ONLY government agencies should have planes ... that is LIBERAL that outta show you get the damned liberals out of office you will see alot of changes .. first of all there wouldn't be any gay bastards in office any more. That is the first thing we need to change.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

.. first of all there wouldn't be any gay bastards in office any more. That is the first thing we need to change.

are you really that narrow minded? or just really young? you are intittled to your opinions (for a little while longer) but don't expect to not be flamed for this

new topics

top topics

join