It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wants Bush Out!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Now i know that many here dont care what the world thinks, but Bush is definately the least popular of the two likely election winners.

READ IT HERE

The US President, George Bush, is encountering growing international hostility to his campaign for a second term in the White House.

A remarkable collaborative polling exercise, undertaken by leading newspapers in 10 countries across the globe, has highlighted strong opposition to the Bush re-election campaign.

While the findings have no direct impact on the US election - the poll excludes the Americans whose vote really counts - they show the Bush Administration is struggling to secure popular support for its policies outside American borders.

The hostility is directed not only at the White House: the image of the US itself appears to have suffered collateral damage. This is despite the fact that most of those polled believe in the US alliance and declare they are not anti-American.

I just thought this would make a good discussion point.

How many people feel world opinion is important?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Bush gets it!

I dont care what the world thinks. They stand by in places like Bosnia, Sudan, Iraq...........whatever

When they want to do what in their hearts they know is right....then I will listen...and no wonder the world wants Bush out. He has balls and did what the world community said they would but yet couldn't.

There are exceptions though....UK, Britian, SK, Japan, etc....

[edit on 15-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Unless we get a paper ballot, I fear it isn't going to matter much who the H*ll you actually vote for. All of the major voting machine manufacturers are outspoken supporters of the GOP and in many cases have already been busted installing software on the machines that wasn't supposed to be there. Our electoral process has been compromised.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I think I'm just going to sit back and watch this one turn ugly. Here are a few of the answers you're likely to receive:

- Who gives a # about the rest of the world - GO U.S.A.!
- The rest of the world only wants what's worst for the US.
- The rest of the world hates the US, so why should we care about what they think?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Bush gets it!

I dont care what the world thinks. They stand by in places like Bosnia, Sudan, Iraq...........whatever

When they want to do what in their hearts they know is right....then I will listen...and no wonder the world wants Bush out. He has balls and did what the world community said they would but yet couldn't.

There are exceptions though....UK, Britian, SK, Japan, etc....

[edit on 15-10-2004 by edsinger]

Firstly the UK and Britain are the same (well britain is the island that makes up most of the UK)

And the UK, Sth Korea, Japan, and Australia were all allies in the Iraq war (its funny how you forgot Aus when they sent the most help after the UK), and all of them are included in the countries whos people want bush out...

Durden:

I knew the kind of response i would get, but edsingers beautiful example of world knowledge just kinda shows me that people done care about the world coz they really dont know much about it.

The funny thing is, it is the US allies in the war that are the ones who want him out (i mean the people, not the dicks in harge).

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
- Who gives a # about the rest of the world - GO U.S.A.!
- The rest of the world only wants what's worst for the US.
- The rest of the world hates the US, so why should we care about what they think?

Yup, you summed it up well

Well, honestly I really don't care, because the US will vote for who we feel is best for us, just as your nations will vote for who you feel is best for you.

Does world opinion matter? Yes - to a point. Obviously we need to all get along and the more we like each other, the better we will be able to work for each other, but the thing is everyone is going to look out for themselves.

US leaders look out for US intrests - hence, the US invaded Iraq and took out Saddam.

French, German, and Russian leaders did what was best for them, and voted against it in the UN because they were getting money and oil from Saddam through the oil for food program.

Frankly, the world opinion matters less now (at least in my eyes) then it has before because these same nations have shown that they can not be trusted.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
American Mad Man

You have given the most intelligent and logical answer so far, i agree that each nation should do what suits it best...but i feel the USA could do with a little better international image than it currently has...

IBM

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wait a minute, I thought the American people voted in the upcoming elections? Am I mistaken? Do you think we care what the world thinks. NO!! We ELECTED our president, and we will stick by him. You dont agree with it well tough luck. People are just made hes cracking down on terrorism haha.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
No IBM,

People are mad at him because he breaks international Law and no-one feels safe with him at the helm... But i know you guys wont hear a word against him...

And it states in the article (if you'd bothered to read it) that it wont have any effect on the election, its just an interesting point.

Oh and the majority of your people didnt vote for him remember...

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Special....why don't you go bash against the atrocities other countries have done and to remove the world of "real dictators"?

The US this and the US that.....The Russians have been waging a war against their neighbors for far longer than the US, and coalition have done in Iraq, and they have committed worse attrocities (just to name one country) yet you don't scream..."lets oust Putin"...

---edited not to insult anyone's nationality---

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Of course many in the world want Bush to lose. They want a push-over president that can be taken advantage of. If the USA always worried so much about what everyone else wanted, they wouldn't have been formed. Now this doesn't mean that everything the president does is correct, nor does it mean that the USA shouldn't have friendships with other nations.
It does mean that if the USA has interests, whether it be oil, or helping people become a voting society, these are in their best interests while also helping others in the future.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Muadib

I'm not bashing him, i'm just posting some interestnig info... sure i dont like him, but i find it amusing that you guys take this so defensively... finally realised that the next country bush 'liberates', you wont have much help from you allies.. but of course once again you guys dont care coz the USA could take on the world right?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
US leaders look out for US intrests...

No, US leaders look out for corporate interests, period. There is only one political party in this country now, the capitalists. The first dime a politician accepts to madate or shape policy is the day he betrays the american people. The two party system in this country is the illusion of choice tactic dating back to pre-rome.
Capitalism is a great system, if you have capital, otherwise, "Shut up and get back to work, and believe what we tell you."

IBM

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
No IBM,

People are mad at him because he breaks international Law and no-one feels safe with him at the helm... But i know you guys wont hear a word against him...

And it states in the article (if you'd bothered to read it) that it wont have any effect on the election, its just an interesting point.

Oh and the majority of your people didnt vote for him remember...

The only people who dont feel safe with him are the terrorists. Bush was elected in and won in the electoral college which decides who is president. The number of voters dont matter according to the constitution, it is the electoral college.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I'm not bashing him, i'm just posting some interestnig info... sure i dont like him, but i find it amusing that you guys take this so defensively... finally realised that the next country bush 'liberates', you wont have much help from you allies.. but of course once again you guys dont care coz the USA could take on the world right?

Actually, we don't care because the whole world does not care what others think which presidents, prime ministers, dictators are in power in their own countries, and if you try to tell them they politely, and sometimes not so politely, tell you to mind your own business....

Guess what? we have the right to do the same thing.

And the only country you keep bashing is the US and the US administration, and I am really sick and tired of it...you keep ignoring the fact that there are countries worse than the US which are part of the UN, some are not, and which are as big, or almost as big in influence in the world as the US.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with TWITCHY, to a degree. The corporations are in the interests of the presidents. No doubt. In addition, I also believe they have their own personal interests and those of their country in mind. I truly believe you see a president show his true colors in his second term. When he says, screw my affiliated parties future funds, lets make some things right for the people. Does that happen often? No, not often, but it does happen on occasion.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Actually, we don't care because the whole world does not care what others think which presidents, prime ministers, dictators are in power in their own countries, and if you try to tell them they politely, and sometimess not so politely, tell you to mind your own business....

Guess what? we have the right to do the same thing.

And the only country you keep bashing is the US and the US administration, and I am really sick and tired of it...you keep ignoring the fact that there are countries worse than the US which are part of the UN and which are as big, or almost as big in influence in the world as the US.

The US recently went to war despite a lack of credible evidence supporting this attack, despite the opinion of the weapons inspectors and despite the opinion of the UN. The two candidates have very different views on this war. So I would say this worldwide interest of the current election is very logical as it does concern the rest of the world.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
And btw, Al Qaeda also wants Kerry to win... you think we give a crap what some sadistic bastards want trying to get more attention, and trying to dominate the world by committing more terrorist attacks? no we don't. At least those of us that still have some guts and brains, which seem to be lacking around the world....

Should we play along with Islamic terrorists like Chirac has been doing? Look at what the French hostages got for his efforts....and you think the Islamic radicals don't want France back as when it was theirs in the middle ages just because Chirac is kissing their butts?

Many Americans would rather squash them no matter how long it takes, it is better to fight than to lie down and wait for another kill shot, and i mean that quite literally.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
And btw, Al Qaeda also wants Kerry to win... you think we give a crap what some sadistic bastards want trying to get more attention, and trying to dominate the world by committing more terrorist attacks? no we don't.

Well since you're obviously taking this alleged opinion of Al Qaeda into consideration, it sure seems to me you actually do care what they think. If this is true, and you base your support of Bush on it; I would say you're very easily manipulated.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
IBM,

I live outside the US and people feel less safe with Bush around. Not just because he might invade, but because he's stirring a hornets nest in the wrong way... instead of smoking the hornets out thus making them less dangerous, he's jabbing a stick in the hornets nest sending them into a frenzy... and then he attacks a bee hive and tells the world its a hornets nest... and even after the evidence shows its a bee hive, he still insists their hornets...

And caring what the world thinks is important, beacuse the next time bush goes to war he will need allies... and if the people of the countries dont like him, the odds are he's not going to get much support.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join