It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very severe sleep paralysis, tried AP, Help!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think I have been in sp or just on the break of it a few times. I couldnt move anything except for my mouth (not trying just impulse) and eyes. I like it, lots of fun, I wish I could ap though. Im still trying and so far I have had everything but these dreaded visions.

Now that I think about it I think I had one vision. I was laying down in bed trying to go into sp (i have never gone in naturaly i just relax while thinking). Than I could move so I was very happy because this was my first. Finaly I started to hear something like someone was walking in my room and around my house. Over all not to bad I just treated it like a lucid dream and it disappered. Unfortunatly this broke my concentration from relaxing and I woke up. I was so close. why why why

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've heard that if you concerntrate on wiggling your little finger you'll pretty much just snap out of the paralysis.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I used to have sleep paralysis alot, It used to feel to me like I was being dragged off my bed sometimes all I could do was murmer or try and grab my expartner.

I used to sometimes end up off the end of the bed as if I had been dragged off I haven't had them for years now but they used to scare me immensly.

I also felt like I had my eyes half open but just could not speak only murmer and just move my fingers the rest was impossible, horrible experience.

This is my first post too, wicked site people!!

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Digital_Kid]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax A tall completely black sillouette came towards the side of my bed, I could completely see it with my eyes open and I knew it had come for me. I felt pure dread.

I first started having paralysis dreams when I was 14.

I also felt that 'fear'.

But, I forced myself to concentrate on moving my head, and was finally able to and that broke the paralysis.

I have had them on and off since then and have always been able to break the hold.

And this latter is what you need to realize. This is a 'hold' on you by a spirit. Whether you call it a demon or another person having an OBE.

FEAR is how they hold you. When you overcome that fear, there is nothing left for them to bind you with.

A buddy of mine ended up having a paralysis dream, and he said he could feel this spirit sitting on his chest like a cat but couldn't see it, and he felt the fear.

He was not a Christian, by any stretch of the imagination, but his mom was, and as soon as he realized it was a demon, he asked Jesus to help him and just the thought made the demon leave.

These spirits are telepathic and can read your thoughts, and just the thought of Y'shua will drive them away - regardless of what some say to the contrary.

There is much more to this that I could share, but that is probably enough for now.

And the other person is correct - you don't want to actively seek to have one of these experiences...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesterbr549
And the other person is correct - you don't want to actively seek to have one of these experiences...

why do you not want to seek to have one of these experience?
so last night i started to dosse(?) off. i always tend to think too much and i end up analysing everything that i think of. anyways, i don't know why but all of a sudden something along the lines of fallow the x-axis or x-plane there and back. I woke up and thought that it was starange. i thought nothing of it and started to relax and fall asleep. i soon begain to feel the begining part at least i think of SP. all of a sudden an image of i think it was a face not sure as it wasn't that clear like it was in some sort of a wreck. once i saw this image i felt a chill run down my spin. really wierd. I don't know what SP is supposed to fell like but to me its like if you were to breath in nitrus oxide (laughing gas) is this normal? dose anyone know?

-Dagger

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi there,
I was jst reading wot u were saying, and 2 b completely honest, even tho I am a teenager, I hav experienced the exact same thing.
I felt it too, I was then up 4 2-3 hours afta the incident talking 2 my uncle, too scared 2 go bak 2 sleep. I turned the hallway light on and left my door open, I was awoken only a few minutes l8er to whaever it was. There was actually a woman standing @ my side with her pressure on my chest, and then there was like a shadow over top of me that flew straight frm the top of the bed to the bottom of the bed(where it was then a tall male silhoutte).
By this time I felt like my uncle was still in the house but a long way away, and since i knew he was awake, i tried to scream and felt myself trying to punch my walls 4 help, but i just could NOT move @ all, I couldn't even breathe. I then felt sumthng touching it's way up my legs and ...
I know exactly where u r coming frm, that was the first and hopefully the last time.
Wot I wonder about so called "sleep paralysis" though is, "How is it that u can physically feel everythng and feel FULLY conscious while sumthng like that is happening?"
And "If we r only dreaming then how come it can hav the same traumatic effects as sumthing like that happening in real life, in fact, worse?"

Pls only answer this if u hav experienced sleep paralysis like this.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
y? because we know s*** about the brain and how it works.

all u feel, see, hear, taste, smeel is all from ur brain, our brain creates everything you see, ur green could be my red and ur red my black...We just dont know. everything that you are seeing right now is all images from your brain, whos to say its 100% correct? what you feel is all from ur brain, even tho it seems like it\s coming directly from a nerve, all a nerve does is tells ur brain HEY IM BEING TOUCHED! then ur brain creates a sensation that seems to be coming directly from that area when its all really in ur head.

if the littlest thing is off balance s*** goes wrong, when u go into shock from ur blood vessels expanding u get light headed from low blood pressure and u basically lose ur ability to balance 100%, speak and understand what ur speaking about, just alot of things are effected.

all u need is one little tiny bit of a chemical released when its not needed and Wahla! u have a reaction, this is all having to do with homeostatis, the littlest things can effect ur body in ways you would not belive.

now im not a psyciatrist, but i so know we dont know s*** about the brain, just its anatomical features and a few psyichological features.

PS my edits were for all my s***s!
[edit on 10/30/2004 by Zach]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I've only experienced SP once, but luckily I had studied some neuroscience by then, knew what SP was, and had some understanding of the physiology.

At first, of course, I panicked and tried to scream. When I realized I couldn't scream I tried as hard as I could to moan. I think I may have mustled a weak moan before I realized that it was SP.

During SP, I was conscious enough to think to myself "This is sleep paralysis. I can't move because my brain is inhibiting any motor signals I might try to send while I'm sleeping." (I know it sounds dorky, but I actually did think that to calm myself down.) I told myself to just go back to sleep, so the next time I "wake up" I can do it right.

So my advice for SPers would be to realize that it's just SP. Of course, neurological processes aren't exactly the first thing that pop into your head when you're pinned to the bed and can't breath (unless you study it!).... but I would advise you to read up on what SP is (just google it...) and tuck it away in your mind, in case you need it!

Luckily, my SP didn't come with any scary hallucinations... though I think the hallucinations are brought on by the panic and fear associated with any SP. It may help to just remain calm. If you have SPs often, especially with vivid hallucinations, you should probably see a doctor.

And if you bring it on yourself, through OBE or AP, maybe you should stop. IMO - OBEs, AP, and SP are not things you should mess with.

*** Great site, btw. This is my first post, so be nice!

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Majickyl]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There are some things you can do:

1. Look into "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome." in a medical textbook.
2. Realize, you're not BREATHING WHILE YOU SLEEP. Look into sleep APNEA.
3. You're probably drinking either a lot of cola or alcohol, which are both diuretics. So, take minerals [esp calcium/magnesium] so your heart has something to beat BY.
4. Try drinking a glass of [Heaven forbid] MILK before you go to bed. The calcium will make you drowsy.
5. If you're waking up flailing with heart pounding--I know this is going to sound weird but it truly works wonders for a pounding heart--go buy for $80 or so one of those dentists' x-ray aprons that they drape across a patient while being x-rayed. It's heavy and lead, and if you drape it over yourself while you sleep, it will quiet your heart. Maybe it serves as some kind of Faraday box or something, I don't know. But it sure works.
6. Maybe God is trying to tell you something by waking you up in the middle of the night. Listen for His "still small voice." Sometimes He'll even sing to you.

: )

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Oh man, I know that feeling EXACTLY. It started for me when I was stationed at Bahsdal GE with the 606th Tactical Control Squadron. Our barracks were on Carl Shurtz Kassern. It was an old Nazi sub base. Our barracks were the office buildings for them. You could still make out swastikas in the brick.

I woke up one night standing staring out my window at the quad in the middle. It was really eerie feeling. THEN when I started to go to sleep I could feel my body going but my mind was not quite there. It felt like I had tons of weight on my body and I kept trying to wake up but couldnt.

I actually asked the flight surgeon about it. Thats how I found out about sleep paralisis. From what I remember he said that the body produces some chemical to slightly paralize you so you dont get up and act out the dream.

Not long after I got married I was telling my wife about it and she looked at me like I was from Mars or something. Then she actually saw it first hand. She said that she could tell I was really having a bad 'dream', trying to move and kind of moaning. She said I finally said help and she woke me up. I was afraid to go back to sleep because each time I did that weighty, numb feeling kept coming back. But I finally got to the point where as soon as I started figuring out what was going on I would MAKE myself wake up. Hard but it worked. I have not had but maybe three to five episodes since Monica woke me up. I honestly think her waking me up helped my mind to learn to break out of it. Its just a thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's somewhat comforting knowing that I'm not alone and that many others experience it. I will definitely look into some of the things that have been suggested, and won't be attempting to INDUCE sleep paralysis for quite a long time...if at all.

I have only had 1 episode since my original post, and I fought my way out of it powerfully. It seems that there are some sort of varying levels to SP, because this time it was easy to get out of, but other times it is very difficult if you are in deep enough. Any comments or ideas about that, or why they might be worse at certain times?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AjaxAny comments or ideas about that, or why they might be worse at certain times?

In my opinion it is because there are varying 'levels' of spirits (demonic or human - I have experienced both) that will attack you and some are 'stronger' in the spiritual realm than others. Pretty much just like any other fight...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As I was reading this post, several things felt familiar to me...the more I read the more I began remembering similar type expereiances, yet there are differences... perhpas someone can tell me if this is SP or unrelated...

I can only dimly remember these things as I seem to bury them almost immediately after it happens. I would not say that these are frequent happenings but well...let me explain

I have had on several occasions throughout my life as a young child up to now (25 years old) woken up out of a dead sleep with my heart racing, and my whole body expereiancing a type of feeling of just being slammed onto the bed.... not experiancing the feeling directly but like the memory of the feeling, you know the after affect like it just happened, when you were asleep. I always have the desire to see if the bed is vibrating as it would if I had literally fallen on to it, but I cant seem to move right away. Since being married my husband has never woken up because of this, so I must guess that the bed does not move, so I both think and feel like my soul or spirit slammed into by body suddenly and it jolts me awake.

The same kind of feeling happens after waking up suddenly due to a noise. Although, I don't hear a noise directly...its the memory of a loud noise in my ears... sometimes I can sort of hear the echo in my mind. I am startled awake with heart beating fast yet my body is unresponsive. The noises are different and sometimes its like I just heard someone shout my name and have a strong desire to get up and check on my kids. However, unlike the rest of these posts I dont remember a single thing about coming out of this state... I remember it happening and can remember what I saw upon openeing my eyes, but cannot remember going back to sleep or actually getting up and checking on my kids or well anything. Maybe I just go right back to sleep, which is why this is not something that I consiously think about often... until this thread jogged my memory

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think sleep paralysis is natural when you're in a semi-awake state. That's just the way it is.

I hadn't really noticed it much until recently when I was doing some experimentation & was approached by an unsavory entity which I spoke of in the S&T forum under the topic about chi generators. I couldn't move to fend it off because my energy body was paralyzed in my physical. Happens sometimes especially when you're experimenting with something that's not to your benefit So the only thing I could do was regain full conscious to get rid of it. It looked like a filthy bastard. If I could smell at the time, it probably would've stunk like crazy.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax
...It seems that there are some sort of varying levels to SP, because this time it was easy to get out of, but other times it is very difficult if you are in deep enough.

I had SP three times in my life. The first was very powerful and that was the point of my life when I learned the meaning of FEAR. The two other SPs were somewhat less powerful but still very freightening. So I'm sure that these SP situations have varying levels.

I had a very strange experience after reading a book of Don Juan, an Indian Shaman. It was not SP, but a weird dream-state. It's inconnection with conscoius dreaming (I mean when you realize that you're dreaming and can take control). I don't post it for now, because maybe it would be offtopic. But if there's sufficent interest in this topic, I post it here or make another topic. Anybody interested?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
although paranormal isnt my focal point, i gotta share my experiences....

i had sp for about a year and a half...
it was SO very awful...
i would have a nightmare so vivid and "real" i cannot even describe it. i would regain conciousness, and be paralyzed, sometimes getting one eye open, sometimes not and have absolutely no other control over myself at all. all this came with feelings running through me that i can only describe as waves of energy passing through me... reverberating... zzzzhhh zzzzzhhhh zzzzzhhhh like an air conditioner generator unit outside sounds but that same energy running through me

i cant describe it accurately...sorry....

i got to the point where i had to go to sleep intoxicated by edither weed or liquor, etc. - my point is this helped for getting by on a day to day basis...
but when i went to sleep sober, it returned and i got to the point where i was afraid to go to sleep if i was sober...

this stuff all started when i inadvertantly induced the sp and i dont know why i did when i look back...
i was in my room one night, my roomates partying in the next rooms and i jokingly to myself, and to any "ghosts" that could here me, said into the darkness, "who are you? i see you? i can see you, you know" just to f around...'
than i proceeded to fall into my initial sp episode accompanied by vivid hallucinations? of entities outlined in sparkly bluish light.

i probably just manifedsted what i wanted to see, but it was SO real...
not like any hallucination i had by any chemicals.

it never happened again till i had gone through a spiritual and religious stage in my life. i wont go into that with you.

but my views were real negative. Spiritually i had lost my faith, while retaining my beliefs?
in other words i had my spiritul beliefs, but i couldnt find any light in them.

then they came every time i went to bed-- unless igot high beforehand...

it is so emotional, even just remembering it makes me feel strange.
My friend had told me years before of demons raping certain peoples souls when they slept and i heard him but i didnt comprehend what he was talkin about....
i manipulated it once, and had a lucid dream, but i wasnt interested in pursuing those, as the "fight" to control the sp was not worth the result of floating around the rooms, etc... it did, however, open my eyes to the fact that psychic stuff had validity to some degree. so try it yourself.

It ALL stopped for me when i realized the blessings from god given to me.
i realized my uniqueness and took in my heart that no spirit (or whatever it was) could touch me or harm because i was above them... i knew this truly.
i wont go into why.

i dont know what sp is...
i dont know what will work for you people....
i know that to some degree you need to overcome the fear in it....
i dont know the source of the fear, but i know it needs you or is compelled by you, and in that you are above it....

it comes TO YOU... or YOU CREATE it!!!!

you are what it requires. not vice versa. remember that. you are above it. you cannot be touched. you cannot be hurt. you exist on higher level.

maybe this helps, maybe not, but people, i am rooting for you, i share your pain.

BTW, i had no internet to log onto at the time, no one believed me, i honestly had to do it on my own.... so maybe like me you find your own path to
inner peace and strength before this ends.

but in the meantime, know that i will pray for you, and challenge those that haunt your waking dreams! ---- i hope / wish i could do more.

[edit on 11/7/2004 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ive had SP on and off for 4-5 years. sometimes id just freeze up and see outlines of objects flying around,nothing out of this world,just old time planes, animals etc. always a vivid purplish blue glow. more recently i go to a black and gray place with the feeling of a presence of a witch,i dont much enjoy it but it doesnt happen to frequently. Im never afraid of it AFTER the fact but its quite alarming during the fact

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have had sp for years never new what it was till I stumpled on a post here. wile I have yet to experience the weight or pressure on my chest. I've had lots of other experience's.
My first time I woke up and couldn't move thought I'd died in my sleep I refused to go my whole body was feeling like an arm or leg when it go's to sleep and wild buzzing sound of high voltage elect. however I senced an old lady not evil but mean, rude and crabby type personality. above my head. I tried everything to scream yell to move my arms finaly after about 1 min I got an arm to move and I was trying to scream so as I cameout so did that great to hear yell and everyone else heard it as well. woke the whole house up.
the last one I had was two months ago I woke up feeling someone was in the room. I couldn't move so I was swearing it had to be an alien i calmed down and relaxed and just sat up outa body. to see a person leaveing my room at a high rate of speed the man atually faded down to a ball and then gone. (black and white image ). was odd cause I still felt that the alien left the other way through a window. I never seen it cause I was watching the person. I layed back down and finaly moved an arm 2 sec's later. this one freaked me out.

reading that post here a few weeks ago and saying hey thats me. wow I really never gave it much thought just lived with it. but wow this is a whole new story you folks have brought a whole new light on things for me thanks. I now have a name for it and am still amased at what i'm finding. to cool!!! my wife thinks I need an exorcist and just looks at me funny I never discussed this with anyone not even her till I seen that post. I'm still reading up on it. welp good luck on what ever journey's you may have.

Fixed a few spelling errors sry it's still bad hehehe.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by nmbvua]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
When I read your post, Ajax, it freaked me out because that is an exact description of what has been happening to me ever since my sp began about 2 years ago. What I have learned in that time is to fight it. I have tried snapping out of it by moving my fingers, and sometimes it works, but when it doesn't, it really helps to pretend that I have snapped up a sheild around my body. It also works quite well to call for the help of God or a deceased loved one (in this case, my grandfather). Also, I would agree with other postings that whatever it is can read your thoughts. Trust me, the thought directed at it of "try anything funny and I will completely and utterly destroy you" is not something that it likes, in fact, they bug out pretty quick when I do that. So even though when I have sp it is still pretty scary, I'm confident that I can overcome it without any problems. However, if you ever decide to "let go" and try ap or an oobe, DONT try it if you still have problems with that thing; it would probably be a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I used to have SP episodes. More as a teenager, early twenties time frame. They were frightening and very real to me. I had the crushing weight on my chest, I could hear a deep heart beat and just feel something very malevolent. I could feel it above my face and body.

It would go away when I would say "Our Lord's Prayer" over and over. I would fall back asleep fine. I knew I was not awake, but yet unable to regain consciousness.

I have had many female friends who have had the exact same experience. I was having a lapsing of faith at the time and not really living my life as I should.

It hasn't happened since I have been with my husband, which has been 12 years

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join