It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clifton Park, NY Cemetary Road: Creatures In The Woods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
We have Coyotes. But they NEVER come out of the woods here.
I've never seen one outside of the woods. I've seen some up close, but only in a zoo. lol.

But, It could be coyotes. I just don't believe it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
hola

i actually live just off farm 2 market, & theres always been coy dogs etc....but they usually stay back as far as comin in contact with people etc....but i have chassed a few outa my yard in the past ....i have a dog that we put in the back of the house....

i actually havent heard much of anythin, but thats not really sayin 2 much....but i havent seen anythin on the news....but durrin the night u can hear the coy dogs/cyotes etc....but i dont leave my dog out 2 long after dark

mayb ill take a walk around this weekend

great board here

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yasuhiko23
I study wolves. And by the reports and descriptions, I can tell its not a wolf.

Heres a short description somebody gave out:

Big upper body, scrawny legs. The back legs were like in the shape of an L. It had mangy fur, and it had large erecting teeth that came from the bottom lip.

Doesn't really sound like a wolf.

It sounds like a coyote.

This would be fairly classic... they do eat cats and small dogs, they are starting to become more common (pests) in most city areas. They make really weird noises. They have skinny legs and large chests, and yes they can get mangy. They're usually solitary though they can form packs. They're quick.

They will stay away from large dogs.

It's getting to be where living indoors is much safer for kitties. Mine are indoor cats, much to their disgust.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
if it were me i'd put a tracking device on kitty.

maybe we could discuss the IMPLICATIONS of there being a new creature out there?

could the species barrier in the genome really be breaking down? could government research really have created new species- which then got away?

we live in "interesting" times.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
read Up more on wolfs and you will find out wile it true they generly travel in packs this isent aloways the case .
In the late winter the wolf pack splits up into male female and the female goes to find a den wile the male huntes for her then in the fall when the young ones are more grown the pack reforms and most of the younger male wolfs are chased off by the leader .
ever hear of lobo ? lone wolf this is where that term comes from .
a lobo wolf is a young male that hasent yet gotten his full groth to be able to Fight to mantain a posion in the pack.
Or corse there are exceptions to this like everthing .there are packs that stay toghter even through the breeding cycle.
the only thing i am pointing out its its quite possible to have just one wolf by its self . I personly have seen this here where I live ijn florida when I worked on a plantation I saw a Lone wolf twice .
I was so surprised I dident belive it the first time and figered it was a dog or cyote pluse the fact it was 150 yards away from me that time .
but a few weeks later wile driving to work it crosed the dirt drive way ten feet from me moving at a walk and I got a Good look and have been to the zoo and seen the florida red wolf there and it was the same type no question about it .Size color the way it acted everthing . accutly thought it was cool.
O ps all you northerners dont know what your missing you see thous little gray squrils everware ? well down here we have one called a Fox squril thats the size of a cat dark gray with white very coool.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Theres some flaws in the things you stated. They split up in mid winter. Well, winter has just started.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
South central Wisconsin here.Today I was informed the farm cats are coming up missing in my area.There have been plenty of dog packs,coyotes and poss/prob wolves so these are nothing new.Some of the more tough guy alpha cats get in fights with who knows what,and I asked about battle scarred ones,but no.I have heard of a critter called a fisher that eats cats.A tree climber.There's trapping all around here so if they like bait,the mystery will be solved by the paw in the maw.I'll report anything new.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
re: the 'shriek' you heard, this is quite common. check out the 'roar' made by the creature in the book 'hunt for the skinwalker'; and also the shriek made by the waitress in one of the 'black eyed kids' stories.

my opnion is you have a shapeshifting creature there; thats the origin of hte werewolf stories. (the north american skinwalker stuff is also intermixed with wolf men stories). probably a vampire... (they shapeshift too - into bats; wolves etc)... i think its all the same entity.

i also think its responsible for the cattle and animal mutilations. check out the cat mutilations across denver and north america. maybe why your cats are vanishing.

in my opinion, anyway..

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Foxes make horrifiying shreiks. the shriek was probably unrelated

top topics

<< 1   >>

join