It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clifton Park, NY Cemetary Road: Creatures In The Woods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Recently over the past few months, almost every cat that lives in the Cemetary Road area has completely disapeared without a trace.

I know this because I live in Carole Jean Estates, which is along Cemetary Road, and had 2 cats. Abby and Buddy. 2 months ago, Abby disapeared. Then, my second cat, Buddy also disapeared.

Residents have also complained about they're missing cats, and are searching for them in the woods. These are all outdoor cts by the way. some of the residents of Carole Jean are searching the woods for any traces of they're cats: hair, collars, bones, ect.

Sure it seems like they all ran away, but its not just household cats that disapeared, stray cats have also diseappeared. Thats not it though. Several weeks after they started disapearing, several residents gathered towards the front of the complex, just moments after an un-earthly shreik was heard. It sent chills up my spine.

Residents also claim to have seen strange creatures in the woods. A dog like creature, only not a dog. "They're huge" as one person put it.

A TIMELINE TO BREAK IT DOWN:
August 28- Cats Start To Disapear
August 31-People start calling local shelters and animal control facilities.
September 3: Reports of "strange dogs" begin to raise questions.
September 7: MORE cats disapear, including my cat Abby.
September 15: Stray cats also start to disapear.
September 24: Spin Chilling Shriek is heard. Inhumane.
September 27: Searches for the cats begin. Nothing turns up.
September 30: Resident Spots "strange dog" on her stoop.
October 3: MORE cats vanish.
SEARCH CONTINUES

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Have u heard any descriptions of these doglike beasts that have been sighted or a first hand account from one of the witnesses as to what they saw?

After another strange doglike creature being shot in maryland (which looks big enough to take on a cat) in the last 2days, it could be linked to the emergence of previously unknown/unseen animals??

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hehe, sounds like a homeless person is being well fed in my opinion. Pigeons and rats are common fare for some homeless and desperate times call for desparate measures. Just a theory, but it seems more likely than giant dogs that aren't dogs.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I live in NYC. A few weeks ago there was an article about a woman who was killing cats (might have been dogs).

Perhaps you have someone in the area who hates cats or maybe some kids have decided it is cat season.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Based on human nature, I wouldn't pass on the idea that some jerk(s) is responsible.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There were some strange dog-like creatures killed recently in Texas. Following is a thread about them. There are pictures.

Chupacabra shot in Texas?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There are pictures, but I still am uncertain as to how to put them here. Perhaps either you or your neighbors may recognize this creature.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
im not familiar as to where in NY clifton park is however i do know there have been several large exotic cats sold in the private sector to people in the state of NY in the past year and a half. It very possible one of those got loose and is currently dining on the local domestic population. Did the shriek sound like that of a woman screaming by any chance? Also several breeds of large cats are quite dog like in behavior and looks from a distance, its not hard to mistake one for a dog.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Is that near Elmira or Waverly, NY; by any chance?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlayerDaMan
Is that near Elmira or Waverly, NY; by any chance?

No where near. Its near Saratoga Springs. Saratoga County.

And, yes. there have been many reports of this "creature." Theres the shriek we heard, though it could have been an audio tape, but it didn't sound like one at all. also, all of the cats that have disapeared, are out-door cats.

The reports of the dog thing were as follows, I asked around today. Not just in my complex, but in other parts of the road:

Somebody stated that it was scrawny, but muscular in the upper part of the body. It had large protruding teeth, said the person.

Another person said that she saw it right out on her stoop, messing up her garden. She threw a rock at it, and she said it made this weird high pitched shriek when it retrieted into the woods.

There are a few sightings but they only happen every so often. If its the dog thing, its probably just one because if it was a pack, we would see them more frequently. I love animals, and spent a lot of time around them, and have never seen a dog described like this before. Of course, there's always a chance it could be some sort of cross breed, or an embred dog.

The whole "single dog" thing raises some questions. Though one cannot just assume.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Coyotes have a taste for cats.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I reside in Upstate NY, as you can see from my profile. I know Cemetary Road, and I have never seen anything strange on that road, either in the day or the night time. No, I don't live on that road, but it used to be my main way to work and back. I know that there are wolves in the area, so maybe that is what you are seeing. I have seen a wolf on Farm to Market road, and that isn't far from Cemetary Road. When wolves eat their prey, they bury the bones. Also, my husband was saying that he saw an "oversized cat" outside one night, when he took our dog out. He was thinking bobcat, but that's highly unlikely in our area....
Not to mention, winter is comming fast in our area, did you notice how the leaves on the trees went from green, to fully colored in about a week? Wolves are hungry.......
(Edited for spelling)

[edit on 10/18/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I study wolves. And by the reports and descriptions, I can tell its not a wolf.

Heres a short description somebody gave out:

Big upper body, scrawny legs. The back legs were like in the shape of an L. It had mangy fur, and it had large erecting teeth that came from the bottom lip.

Doesn't really sound like a wolf.

I'm not saying ur wrong, because it could be a wolf, just doesn't sound like one.

And, when you say "wolves" its plural. I think we would have seen some.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Has the possibility of this 'creature' being the Jersey Devil entered anyones mind?

I mean, you can't expect the 'Jersey' devil to stay in Jersey can you? It's just way too populated in Jersey. Maybe it decided to relocate.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Its possible...but I've always considered The Jersey Devil a myth. but lets not talk about it here.

The Jersey devil, I doubt it.

October 18:THREE more CATS disapeared today. Bootsy and 2 strays.

[edit on 10-18-04 by Yasuhiko23]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am also from upstate New York, and bobcat are not as uncommon as one would think in this area. A mystery creature in Clifton Park is highly unlikely, being it is a well populated area surrounded by other populated areas. I know in the area you are referring to is alot of new home construction in previous areas that were undeveloped. I too have heard of wolf sightings in that area as previously mentioned. I would however assume that since you mentioned you studied wolves that you you would know they are a pack animal and so if you see one you can easily assume there are more, not to mention the high likely hood of coy-dog. I think one of these two animals pushed out of their original "area" is most likely to the missing cats. On another note do you have any sources to your stories? If you believe there is really something strange in the woods by your house their is a local investigator for the bfro that lives in D&R village who may be interested in looking into this.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by tweeker]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
um, yeah "wolves" plural. Wolves dont travel alone, Oh, Wait, but you know that already, you study them........
And I'm not lying when I say I saw a wolf on Farm to Market Rd, as a matter of fact, Cemetary Rd, just about runs into Farm to Market, so, there ARE wolves in YOUR area.
And, im not saying that the descriptions you were given were wrong, but when you see something "scary" and arn't sure what it is, people tend to over-embelish the truth.
If you saw this wouldn't you be scared too:

I know I sure would!
Edit:
Another note: If your cats keep dissapearing.... Why do you keep getting more cats?? And WHY do you let them outside?? I would die if something ever happened to my cat!!

LL1

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's probably the coyotes. Could be wolves as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilingsarah82
um, yeah "wolves" plural. Wolves dont travel alone, Oh, Wait, but you know that already, you study them........
And I'm not lying when I say I saw a wolf on Farm to Market Rd, as a matter of fact, Cemetary Rd, just about runs into Farm to Market, so, there ARE wolves in YOUR area.
And, im not saying that the descriptions you were given were wrong, but when you see something "scary" and arn't sure what it is, people tend to over-embelish the truth.
If you saw this wouldn't you be scared too:

I know I sure would!
Edit:
Another note: If your cats keep dissapearing.... Why do you keep getting more cats?? And WHY do you let them outside?? I would die if something ever happened to my cat!!

I do study them. not to mention my room is a shrine. lol.

But, I do believe u about them being here. But I have never seen one in my complex. and sinse wolves "ALWAYS" travel in a pack, we would see them.

And I get cats cuz I can't live without them. And my cats started being outside cats. But after my first cat Tippi had Abby, she was put up for adoption cuz she was sick and we couldn't afford the opperation for her. So we got another cat. Buddy. But Abby snook out all the time, then Buddy followed.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Coyotes love nothing better than cats and frequently take small dogs. Coyotes have a good sense of smell, vision and hearing which, coupled with evasiveness, enables them to survive both in the wild and occasionally in the suburban areas of large cities. They are common in most rural areas, but because of their secretive nature, few are seen.

www.desertusa.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I am from Albany, about 20 mins from Clifton Park and My X Girls Farm (between Albany and Clifton Park) had Coyotes and frequently ate the area Strays. They are very Scraggly looking as well. Coyote is a very good guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join