It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of Shambhala

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
For thousands of years rumours and reports have circulated that somewhere beyond Tibet, among the icy peaks and secluded valleys of Eurasia, there lies an inaccessible paradise, a place of universal wisdom and ineffable peace called Shambhala.

Shambhala, which in Sanskrit means �place of peace, of tranquillity,� is thought of in Tibet as a community where perfect and semi-perfect beings live and are guiding the evolution of humanity. Shambhala is considered to be the source of the Kalachakra, which is the highest and most esoteric branch of Tibetan mysticism.

Article Link

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I thought a shambala was the white huge toothy monster in Doom.

Still it made a great hippy song
"How does the light shine in the halls of shambala?"

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

"How does the light shine in the halls of shambala?"

With a dull, smokey, red.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Books I've read seem to indicate that Shambhala is an underground city. Its been a while, though. Does it have anything to do with Agharta, do you think?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Use the article link, it discusses Agharta as well.

Cheers,
Deep

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Does anyone know the name of the guy who directed "Signs"? I can't remember but some how think they are connected.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
M. Night Shyamalen

he also directed 6th sense..

I personally felt let down by signs..
But Joaquin Phoenix was my favourite character. After news of the alien forces was on tv, he moves the tv into the closet and sits in front of it for days straight.. I think that's exactly what I would do..
(minus the closet part, which was only so the young son wouldn't have to see it...)

top topics

join