It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbus Day Celebrates The Most Important Turning Point in History

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
When your credentials are as long as any college professor, whether
that be undergrad or grad would your statement hold any water.

Winston Churchills' mother was quite promiscuous. Whether he acquired it by birth, or
through affairs, is for you to do more than "Google Search".
As I stated before look at abnormal pyschology/sexual deviant
behaviors of famous people.

judicial-inc.biz...

I stand corrected, that is a truly impressive site, a veritable tour de force of academic acumen and scholarly virtue. I'm especially fond of the link marked "A Jewish Past", clearly unbiased and without an agenda... Though I did note that the site failed to mention Sir Winston Churchill's death being attributed to Syphilis... But why beat a dead British politician... I've made my point, I'll leave it to the viewers of this thread if you've made yours.

LL1

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I remember the professor covering the topic, I felt sorry for Churchill.
He was born in a ladies room at a dance, started out all wrong,
neglected as a child he clung to a "woo"nanny, it was his era that led to his
ill disease, lack of knowledge. His brother's/sister's are not of the same father.
I would pull out the text, but I don't feel like getting up, one day
I will U2U with the author of the text/references, including pages.
Churchill like Catherine The Great both died of a horrible death.
Publicly they like to keep quiet on.
See if you find anything on Catherine The Greats' death (horse stable).
Queen Victoria as well (inbreeding).

LL1

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Grow up, you're not running for election...
Grand standing as you went along, you jumped into the thread.
Tried to hijack it, insulting as you went along. Don't like what I had
to say, too bad, it's the truth.
Because you can't google it up, doesn't mean Churchills' death by
Syphilis was not twisted.
Scroll the names on the list of disorders, under Lincoln's name is Winston Churchills':

www.conductdisorders.com...

You must be having a real bad night.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by LL1]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Originally posted by PistolPete
How many of you just decided since Grady posted it, you have to disagree?

This is the main theme of the article, as I took it:

On Columbus Day, we celebrate the civilization whose philosophers and mathematicians, men such as Aristotle, Archimedes, and Euclid, displaced otherworldly mysticism by discovering the laws of logic and mathematical relationships, demonstrating to mankind that the universe is knowable and predictable.

I don't see any point in celebrating Columbus Day as a turning point in history. If anyone else feels so inclined, by all means have fun, but I used to see it as another day off school, and now, I didn't even remember it until Grady brought it up.

Take out the first part of that statement, which wasn't my focus, this sentence was: "...displaced otherworldly mysticism by discovering the laws of logic and mathematical relationships, demonstrating to mankind that the universe is knowable and predictable."

Previously to his voyage it was believed the world was flat, that sea serpants would eat your ship if you sailed too far, the water would boil your boat... That all changed after Columbus.

Of course nobody "celebrates" Columbus Day in the sense that I think you mean. However, the fact that none of us would exist (let alone America) to even have this conversation if it weren't for him is a pretty strong case for him to have a "day". (Yes, I think the course of events would have been that dramatically altered if say - he sunk.)

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hmm ... "overcoming forever the age-old scourges of slavery, war, and forced religious conversion." - this sounds like Operation Freedom to me. Are we not enslaving these people, at war with them ... and forcing them to eat apple pie?

Plus, it seems to me that our "New World" seems to be full of docile lemmings ... and I have yet to see us demonstrate to the world the "greatness (that) is possible to man at his best."

Yes, you could say that we should focus on the contribution that Columbus made to our history. But, can you celebrate your birthday for instance without recalling all the good and the bad that brought you to that day? I'm not for or against Columbus Day, but I do think we should not forget everything that came about because of this man.

I see your point, but we need to step back sometimes and see the whole picture.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There is nothing noble, good or right about the "discovery" of the new world. If fact it has created the monster we call "the economy" and the third world.

][

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Grow up, you're not running for election...
Grand standing as you went along, you jumped into the thread.
Tried to hijack it, insulting as you went along. Don't like what I had
to say, too bad, it's the truth.
Because you can't google it up, doesn't mean Churchills' death by
Syphilis was not twisted.
Scroll the names on the list of disorders, under Lincoln's name is Winston Churchills':

www.conductdisorders.com...

You must be having a real bad night.

Do you actually read the content of the sites you link? Perhaps a little due diligence would have enabled you to discover you have linked a discussion board as a reference for psychiatric disorders... Ironclad... :shk: Upon closer inspection, you will also note that the following statement precedes the list:

conductdisorders.com
Bipolar disorder has left its mark on history. Many famous and accomplished people had symptoms of the illness, including:

Emphasis mine.

I'll take a moment to mention the chasm between having a symptom of Bipolar Disorder and dying of Syphilis.

Further note: The correct possessive of Winston Churchill is Churchill�s not Churchills�

Grandstanding? Hardly... Hijacking, even less so... I didn't introduce the erroneous material (compounded by further obfuscation), nor have I found a need to continue ever increasing mental gyrations to try to substantiate an error. Insulting? Just click the "Comments" tab in the upper right corner of you screen and state your case (remember to include your member name as this is an anonymous process).

As for growing up... Never! I�ve been this way for a long time.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join