It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15% of Ohio Republicans Credit Romney, Not Obama, for Killing Osama Bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

In what some (one guy on Twitter) have called "a stroke of comic genius," Public Policy Polling decided to ask Ohio Republicans who they thought "deserved more credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden: Barack Obama or Mitt Romney. In what some (my colleague Tim Murphy) have called "the greatest thing ever," a full 15 percent of Ohio Republicans surveyed said Romney deserved more credit than the president. Another 47 percent said they were "unsure.

www.motherjones.com...

47% said they were unsure if it were Romney Or Obama
15% said Obama

Well talk about re-writing "official story" history to fit your political agenda. I guess I just wasn't aware Romney had any sort of military power or authority ever in his lifetime.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Rewriting "history" is the fact that the intelligence infrastructure long in place long before Romney and Obama ever came in to the picture.

The military training and seal team 6 deserves 100% of the credit combination of elements we all know the current potus is agianst made the "Bin Laden" murder possible.

Only one candidate supports that infrastructure and that ain't Obama.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Gee thanks. Today I learned that some people credit Romney for killing Bin Laden and on another post I read earlier, I learned that there is a whole forum of people that still believe the earth is flat.

Time for a stiff drink and a nap.

S&F

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

That was great!

Both political parties are worthless. Wake up

ETA: People still think they have a Vote in this election and it actually counts

YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR THE PRESIDENT ONLY THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE CAN!

They can and have voted against the will of the people in the past. That poll shows how stupid the majority of Americans have become thanks to Government (Re)Education
edit on 10-9-2012 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I am baffled by this... are people sleeping under a rock? 47% of people? someone needs to give me a brick wall to bash my head into... where is the smiley for that ATS

edit on 9/10/2012 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill

Nough Said!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I've always said, and heard, that there is something wrong with the water here.

And after a decade of living here...I fear it may be true.
edit on 10-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
15% of Ohio Republicans willing to credit Romney with anything to help him win

47% of Ohio Republicans need someone to tell them what to think

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This would seem to suggest that 15% of the population there doesn't even know who the President is at the moment. They are so easily confused by a candidate? Yikes.... Please, someone assure me they DO NOT vote. There really is a limit to how far the 'get out the vote' thing ought to go. Personally, I think it's a good thing if people need to expend a little effort for it. After all, I'm sure at least 15% won't be willing to do the little it does take and thank goodness after hearing this.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What about the theory that Osama has been dead for many years?

Keeping this bogey man status alive for so many years has led to the ever encroaching loss of freedoms and the installation of a police state that so many are ok with as a safe guard against the HORROR of 9/11.

And then he is dumped into the ocean? Nice way to destroy evidence or even fabricate it. Smells like the quick removal of evidence like the removal of debris after 9/11 which in itself was a crime because it had the goal of impeding a thorough investigation towards the truth.

Obama, Romney...both are just tools of a higher agenda and deserve neither credit nor accolades for a non event that was fabricated in order to instill fear into millions and then to celebrate a victory that looked glorious and celebrated John Wayne heroes on the TV sets of the World.

Peace

edit on 10-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Meh. They only polled 1072 people. I'd say it's a useless statistic.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Republican/Democrat policy toward capturing/killing Osama Bin Laden:

FACT: President Bush turned his focus toward Iraq and the trail for Osama bin Laden went “stone cold.”

Three months after 9/11, Bush said:

Who knows if he’s hiding in some cave or not. We haven’t heard from him in a long time. The idea of focusing on one person really indicates to me people don’t understand the scope of the mission. Terror is bigger than one person. He’s just a person who’s been marginalized. … I don’t know where he is. I really just don’t spend that much time on him, to be honest with you.

Instead of prioritizing the death/destruction of OBL and AQ, we instead went off on another war, a "war of choice" based on lies, in Iraq. The trail to OBL, from Tora Bora to Pakistan, was left stone cold.

FACT: President Obama ordered the military to kill Osama bin Laden and Osama bin Laden is dead.

"We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority." -- Barack Obama

FACT: In 2007, Mitt Romney publicly attacked Obama for proposing the very tactic that ultimately killed bin Laden.

Romney opposed going into Pakistan. He opposed keeping Pakistan in the dark on the nature of the mission.

“I do not concur in the words of Barack Obama in a plan to enter an ally of ours.” -- Mitt Romney

FACT: Mitt Romney called killing Osama bin Laden “insignificant” and said it wasn’t “worth moving Heaven and Earth.”

“It’s not worth moving heaven and earth spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person.” -- Mitt Romney to the AP. He also said “the country would be safer by only ‘a small percentage’ and would see ‘a very insignificant increase in safety’ if al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden was caught because another terrorist would rise to power.”

Fact: Bush did not care enough about OBL to make him a priority. He has his eyes on Iraq. As John Kerry said recently, "A war of choice in Iraq had become a war without end, and a war of necessity in Afghanistan had become a war of neglect." That perfectly sums up Bush's legacy.

Fact: Obama declared he would make OBL a priority. Fact: OBL is dead. Fact: The WH kept Pakistan in the dark, to make sure the mission would not fail.

Fact: Romney claimed several times he would not bothered going after OBL, nor would he have kept Pakistan out of the loop (ignoring the high probability they were knowingly harboring OBL), nor would he have made the call that day.

There's one other sad fact in this mess - 15% of Ohio voters are brainless and willing to bend over backwards so far, to plant their heads so deep up their own arses, to not give the Obama administration or the military involved the proper credit due them for pulling off the raid that killed OBL.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
There really is a limit to how far the 'get out the vote' thing ought to go.

Wrabbit, that has got to be one of the funniest lines I've ever heard!

I just wish I had heard it a lot sooner in my life.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wasn't Romney a ST6 member?

I read that he was the one who pulled the trigger.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender Ace

500 Ohio republicans said they were unsure of who was responsible

150 said Romney was

That's not really that small of a number and indicative that more would have given the same ridiculous answers. 1 is too many.

edit on 10-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

So what's your point?

60 million Americans thought it was a good idea to elect the current potus and they are not Republicans.

A great majority think it is the governments job to rob from the rich and give to the poor.

A great majority of people not named republicans think those evil righties hate women,old,people and the poor.

Are some people really trying to say that Republicans have the corner on stupidity in this country?

Surely not.

No Republican beats this

NONE

edit on 10-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So what's your point?

The whole point is that there are a large amount Ohioan of republicans willing to re-write history to favor their political bias. Giving credit to a man that was never in control of the military or in office at the time Osama was killed.

No Republican beats this

GOP Senate Candidate: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Won’t Become Pregnant

edit on 10-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Uninformed people are everywhere. This summer, only 36% of Democrats thought the economy was in bad shape, and in 2007, 35% of Democrats thought that Bush, personally, knew of 9/11 before it happened. What can you say? Close down the public school system.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Yet another Republican slam post from the guy who claims he is independent.

People are stupid. From both parties. 20% think the Sun revolvs around the Earth.
24% don't know who America gained independence from

But hey, we can turn this into a R slam peice so why not. Like most of your posts, disgusting.

ETA: Romney and Obama are about equally responsible for the death of Bin Laden, that is to say not at all.
edit on 11-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join